Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Mainline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: N/Z and Smaller Modeling (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 (/showthread.php?tid=4413)

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 01-24-2013

Thanks guys! Mark yes you did Icon_lol

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - teejay - 01-24-2013

Quit writing in Z scale yooz guyz ! Misngth

T

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Sumpter250 - 01-24-2013

teejay Wrote:Quit writing in Z scale yooz guyz ! Misngth T

There are times, when my " human side " demands that I "can not resist" - - - - - 2285_ 2285_ Wink

Icon_twisted Icon_twisted I'd write it in "T" scale for you, but that choice isn't available here. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

The choice, " Tiny " is difficult enough to read on my 10" X 13" desktop screen, but, in 1/361 scale. ( which is what 3.0mm gauge, "T" scale is ), it would be 37.666" :o Icon_lol instead of approximately, the onscreen 0.08". Cheers Cheers

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - teejay - 01-24-2013

"T" scale ....yeah , has a nice ring to it . We need a T scale forum , Pete , Don , Mikey !!!!! Goldth Goldth Goldth

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Sumpter250 - 01-24-2013

Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol
I think we'd need to hear from a few "T" scalers, before going there - - - - and.....I think we'd need a few younger moderators with good eyes to read and moderate that forum. :o :o 357 357 357 357

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 01-24-2013

"I think we'd need a few younger moderators with good eyes"

Leaves me out! Icon_lol Isn't T scale 1:450 or sumthin'? 35

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - teejay - 01-25-2013

Mighta been the scale the John Allen made up with his trick photography ....when he had some down time on his 20 year layout . 357

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Southern Tuxedo - 01-25-2013

Sorry guys,
I thought that was the "N" scale font that I was using... Icon_lol

Mark

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Catt - 01-25-2013

This is T scale,I thinkit is just the right size to make you cross eyed. Nope

This one is Z scale,you could still go cross eyed

This is N scale,much better for you old folks

This one is S or O scale ,almost perfect for old folks

This one is for those in MY age catagory. Eek

ain't life fun.

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Sumpter250 - 01-25-2013

Tyson Rayles Wrote:"I think we'd need a few younger moderators with good eyes" Leaves me out! Icon_lol Isn't T scale 1:450 or sumthin'? 35

"T" scale refers to 3.0 mm ( "T"hree mm ) track gauge. using 3.0mm = 56.5", ( 4' - 8.5" ) I came up with 1: 361

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 01-25-2013

Thanks for the clarification Pete, and Catt no it ain't ! Icon_lol

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - What scale T Gauge really is. - TTRAK_andrew - 01-25-2013

G'day All,
While I don't model in T gauge I have followed it progress off and on. It originated in Japan and is definitely 3mm gauge. To understand the T gauge scale ratio you have to take into account that in Japan their N gauge is 1:150 scale, not the 1:160 of Continental Europe/USA/Australia. This is because most of the Japanese rail network is 3ft 6in gauge and the 1:150 ratio makes the models appear a bit closer to scale in relation to the track. The high speed Shinkansen type lines are standard gauge. T gauge is 3mm, one third of 9mm (obviously) and so the Japanese scale is 1:450.
Hope this helps,
Andrew G.

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 01-26-2013

Thanks Andrew, I knew I had read in MR that it was 1:450. The last I heard all they make are subway type stuff, any new news in that area?

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - T Gauge other than Japanese - TTRAK_andrew - 01-26-2013

G'day again,
Japanese made T Gauge models are mainly Japanese prototype suburban electric multiple unit stock. But this has not stopped modellers from using the chassis for the basis of other prototype locos and rolling stock, and some really impressive scenery work given the scale. For a start see the following web site and make sure you visit the links on the right hand side:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://victorian-tgauge.blogspot.com.au/">http://victorian-tgauge.blogspot.com.au/</a><!-- m -->
Regards,
Andrew G.

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - What scale T Gauge really is. - Sumpter250 - 01-26-2013

TTRAK_andrew Wrote:G'day All,
To understand the T gauge scale ratio you have to take into account that in Japan their N gauge is 1:150 scale, not the 1:160 of Continental Europe/USA/Australia. This is because most of the Japanese rail network is 3ft 6in gauge and the 1:150 ratio makes the models appear a bit closer to scale in relation to the track. The high speed Shinkansen type lines are standard gauge. T gauge is 3mm, one third of 9mm (obviously) and so the Japanese scale is 1:450.
Hope this helps, Andrew G.

OK, I did the right math, just used the wrong "gauge". :oops: Icon_lol

3'-6" - - - -42" gauge. Isn't that the standard track gauge for Trollies?, or is it 40".