Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Mainline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: N/Z and Smaller Modeling (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 (/showthread.php?tid=4413)

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Catt - 01-27-2013

I find T gauge quite interesting and have been hoping for more North American stuff.There was a seller on ebay that was selling RDC bodies that looked quite nice,but I have not seen them in quite some time.Below is a pic to give you some scale perspective between T anz Z.

[Image: tscalez.jpg]

The car is a 60' Z flat car it is 3 5/16" long.

By the way I do switching on my Z layout just to prove to the HO guys that know it all (No not all of them are like that) that it can be done in the smaller scales.

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Southern Tuxedo - 01-27-2013

Southern Tuxedo Wrote:Sweet!

A double headed train on a 1 x 3 foot board…with room to spare for a few more cars…what’s not to like about that? Oh yea, and it’s the Southern Railway.

Makes me wonder if I picked the wrong scale…

I love what you have done with this layout Mike. It’s extremely impressive.

Mark

And then I get a slap to the back of the head from Athearn telling me that I did pick the right scale <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.athearn.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=ATHG40642">http://www.athearn.com/Products/Default ... =ATHG40642</a><!-- m --> .
Then I start wondering where the heck is my Genesis HH Southern GP38-2 w/DCC & Sound. It's really cruel what Athearn is doing to me, make me wait and then announce another fine engine before I get the first one I ordered. I'm sure glad that someone is producing some really nice High-Hood Southern engines.

Mark

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 01-28-2013

Mark you are not only modeling in the wrong scale but also in the wrong time period as well ! Icon_lol

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - faraway - 01-28-2013

Catt Wrote:I find T gauge quite interesting....
I would be endangered to change scales if I had the hands and eye for T gauge. Running real trains with three leading SD70 etc. on a H0 ISL space like mine sounds like a dream...

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Waldbahner - 01-30-2013

Hello Mike,

nice to see you back on our layout. I really like your scenerey and indeed - it's the Southern Thumbsup
I look forward to get the new modules started next week for my GCRR division.

I'll follow your progress on the new section of your layout.

Cheers, Gerd

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 01-30-2013

Thanks Gerd and I'll keep an eye out for the updates on your layout. Here are a few progress shots. I've cut the hole in the wall that will hopefully one day lead to phase 4 ( I'm currently working on phase 2) of the layout. The little black in white specks are dairy cows. In real life what is now just a plain field along side the tracks was during my era a dairy farm. I could also go with corn or tobacco just as well, I haven't made my mind up yet.

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - teejay - 01-30-2013

Last time I burrowed through the walls to run trains was back at my old house in the 90's........wife wasn't too impressed Nope

T

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 01-30-2013

"........wife wasn't too impressed Nope "

I got rid of mine, solved the "not too impressed" problem and a multitude of other problems as well ! Life once again was good !!!!!! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - teejay - 01-30-2013

Yeah, Mike , I got the last laugh ........sold that house a year later and the buyer was somewhat a train buff , even appreciated the sky blue walls in the train room !On the new house , I made sure the unfinished basement was big enough Wink

T Wink

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 01-31-2013

Sounds like the buyer of your last house had his act together T. Icon_lol
Here's a couple more progress shots:

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - teejay - 01-31-2013

Is that just paint , Mike , or have you sprinkled something on for texture ?

T

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Ralph - 01-31-2013

Lookin' great already! Thumbsup

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 01-31-2013

Just paint T, most of which you won't be able to see when I'm done. I always paint the blue and pink foam and the white spackle like that cause it's easier on the eyes. Thanks Ralph !

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Catt - 01-31-2013

Mke,your making me look like a slacker.Oh, wait a minute I am a slacker,but I have some excuses .

1- Cold wet weather and arthritis don't mix,we are getting plenty of the first and I have to much of the second.

2- I've been installing the Z in it's new home.

3- I just can't seem to get inspired (in spite of all the awesome modeling I see) to get anything done.

Did I mention I like what your doing ? I assume there is going to be a farm there..

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - doctorwayne - 01-31-2013

Catt Wrote:.....I assume there is going to be a farm there..

Or a meatpacking plant. Misngth

Nevertheless, still nice work. Thumbsup

Wayne