Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Mainline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: N/Z and Smaller Modeling (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 (/showthread.php?tid=4413)

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Catt - 06-14-2013

Wallbang Eek

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Steamtrains - 06-15-2013

Tyson Rayles Wrote:Phase two is done, for now anyway Icon_lol ! The first pic is of the overall layout then the overall of phase two and finally the right side of phase two looking towards the main layout ( if you can call 6 foot by 28 inches a main layout Eek ) .

Whatever the size, or what you call it, with scenery like that, it's A#1 in my book....

Great stuff..!! Thumbsup

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - ezdays - 06-15-2013

Tyson Rayles Wrote:Wow! It's been 5 weeks since In hit a lick on my layout. If I wait a few more weeks my entire layout can quailify as an orphan challenge ! Icon_lol

It does, just that you'd have to finish it all off by the end of the challenge. Icon_lol 357 Icon_lol 357 Icon_lol 357

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 06-15-2013

Thanks Gus, much appreciated! Don there isn't a chance! Icon_lol

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - ezdays - 06-15-2013

Tyson Rayles Wrote:Thanks Gus, much appreciated! Don there isn't a chance! Icon_lol

Yeah, I'm aware. It's been probably seven years since I started my addition, and at the rate I'm going, it'll probably be seven more before it's even close to being finished.

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 10-04-2013

O.K., it's only taken 5 months but I'm finally getting around to phase 3.

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 10-06-2013

A little more progress. The freight train in the far right corner is where the two track staging yard will be. This will leave me about 5 feet to do a river crossing. As you can see I'm already working on the " Great Plywood River" area. Nope

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 10-13-2013

The trackwork and wiring is done although the track isn't fastened down so I can remove the bridge to finish the river. The trains are sitting in the future staging yard. Next will be the landforms.

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Sumpter250 - 10-13-2013

2285_ 2285_ We're "Big Blue", not "General Electric" Eek Eek 357

"Progress" isn't, and shouldn't be "Our most important product" !

Icon_twisted Our most important product, is Just all the little details that add up to it Icon_twisted 357 357

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Catt - 10-13-2013

Lookin' good Mike.I'm having so much fun with my show layout project I may just trash the big layout for a much smaller one (about twice the size of the show layout). Eek

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 10-13-2013

Pete I can over do lack of progress from time to time. Thanks Catt, bigger wasn't better for me.

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 10-19-2013

I set the backdrop boards on to see out the scenicked area frames out. The other pic is the 2 track staging yard and fiddle yard. I finished cleaning out the riverbed (reclaimed wood Eek ) and can start on the landsforms next.

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Charlie B - 10-20-2013

progress is as progress does. Good to see you back at it Mike.
Charlie

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Ralph - 10-20-2013

Cheers That bridge scene is going to be terrific! Thumbsup

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 10-20-2013

Thanks guys, Ralph I hope so.