Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Mainline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: N/Z and Smaller Modeling (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 (/showthread.php?tid=4413)

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 09-28-2011

Some time back I decided to retire the engine house I was using for a place holder. It was one of my first scratch builds and not really up to what I wanted now. Also it doesn't really fit my time period for this layout. I used the excuse that the old furnace gave up the ghost and caused a fire but a fellow forum member accused me of having a "insurance fire" to help pay for one of those new fangled (by 1960's standards) metal buildings! Icon_lol

I decide to try one of the Rix kits. I brought in some of my O scale guys to help the N scaler's get the job done faster! Goldth

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Southern Tuxedo - 09-28-2011

Hey Mike it looks like the “O” scale guys are goofing off while the “N” scale guys are doing the heavy lifting.

What’s that about?

Mark

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Sumpter250 - 09-28-2011

Southern Tuxedo Wrote:Hey Mike it looks like the “O” scale guys are goofing off while the “N” scale guys are doing the heavy lifting.

What’s that about?

Mark

Different union --- different rules ?? Icon_twisted Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

We all know us N scalers are more dedicated then the O scalers! Icon_lol

Anyway here it is on the layout:

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Sumpter250 - 09-29-2011

You do make N scale look good !!!! Thumbsup Thumbsup

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 09-29-2011

Thanks Pete!

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Ralph - 09-29-2011

Nifty engine house! The fire above was hilarious! Goldth
Ralph

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 09-29-2011

Thanks Ralph! I figured rather than just throw the old engine house in the trashcan I might as well have some fun first. Goldth

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Harry - 10-03-2011

super Thumbsup , great work Thumbsup Cheers

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Charlie B - 10-03-2011

Mike, I don't know where I have been, but I totally missed this thread. This is a great layout, and the pictures are very impressive.
Getting good shots of N-gauge trains is hard, but you are getting great shots. The gas station is one of my favorites.
Now I will go back and study it some more.
Charlie

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 10-03-2011

Thanks Harry, glad you like it! Charlie you are right, photographing N scale has been very difficult for me and required buying more camera than I had planned on (I was really hoping to get by with a cheap point and shoot Goldth ). I am still learning but at least I am making progress. Thanks for looking!

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 10-20-2011

Some shots ( good and bad) from early on:

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Waldbahner - 10-21-2011

Hi Mike,

that's a joke isn't it?
You'll tell us that this is the whole layout you made this wonderfull photos?? Eek

I coudln't belive it first, but than I checked the photos with the track overview and I found all places on the layout. You did a really great job on this layout. I hope to see more photos the next time.

I designed some nre modules for my Southern layout but I'm not sure when I'll start to build them as I do finish some other projects at the moment.

Bye, Gerd

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 10-21-2011

Icon_lol Yes Gerd that is it, no joke!. Icon_lol I like to tell people the layout is 72 x 28 and when they go "Wow! that's hugh for N scale!" I then explain that it is 72 INCHES by 28 INCHES ! Icon_lol Hopefully it will have a staging yard on each end one day but they won't be scenicked.