Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Mainline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: N/Z and Smaller Modeling (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 (/showthread.php?tid=4413)

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - teejay - 01-07-2014

Wow you are a sucker for punishment , Mike , hope the eyes are holding up from your work .

T

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 01-07-2014

Thanks guys! Mark I will try to post more pics of the geeps. T so far the eye is doing good.

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 01-07-2014

I added some benches and people to give the plae some life (hopefully).

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Catt - 01-07-2014

Thumbsup Thumbsup + Thumbsup Thumbsup :mrgreen:

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - doctorwayne - 01-08-2014

Cheers That's a good-lookin' scene. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - zstripe - 01-08-2014

Cheers Also, one thing maybe, to liven it up some, add a tire swing hanging from the twee' on the right of the pic'. Cheers
Frank,zstripe

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 01-08-2014

Thanks guys. Frank I was going to do the tire swing but I can't find something to use for the rope that will hang right. It either looks too stiff or kinky or fuzzy or.......................................................................

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - zstripe - 01-08-2014

Tyson Rayles Wrote:Thanks guys. Frank I was going to do the tire swing but I can't find something to use for the rope that will hang right. It either looks too stiff or kinky or fuzzy or.......................................................................
Hi Mike,
Brown sewing thread, with wax on it, that will take care of the fuzzy's, ship building rigging waxed. A white metal casting for the tire, JL Innovative Design has them in some of the kits, for Gas Station Details, for the weight. Have Fun,looks good. 35
Frank,zstripe

I have tires, both metal and plastic but thread is wayyyyy to thick for N scale.

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Sumpter250 - 01-08-2014

Tyson Rayles Wrote:I have tires, both metal and plastic but thread is wayyyyy to thick for N scale.

Danville's 6/0 Flymaster waxed thread, measures just under 1/2" in HO scale. that should be close enough to 3/4" rope in N scale. Only drawback is that it is black thread. I don't know if it comes in a lighter color, but I would suspect that you could find the lighter color at any place where fly tying supplies can be found.
Ever, Wink the eye is out for sources of model making material. Big Grin

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Harry - 01-08-2014

wunderschön und passt genau !! Thumbsup Worship Cheers

Thanks Harry! Pete if you find a few inches of a lighter color please e-mail it to me right away!

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Southern Tuxedo - 01-08-2014

Mike,

I'm sure that I have light colored fly tying thread. Give me a few days to see what colors I have and I can easily mail it to you.

Mark

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - zstripe - 01-09-2014

Mike,
I wonder how magnet wire would work? It should stay to shape, once on. Colored with a Sharpie marker. Like from one of those old little slot car motors.
Frank,zstripe

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 01-09-2014

Thanks Mark, Frank I'm not sure but I don't have any.