Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Mainline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: N/Z and Smaller Modeling (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 (/showthread.php?tid=4413)

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Sumpter250 - 03-04-2016

doctorwayne Wrote:Very nice, but I couldn't see any nits worth pickin'.Wayne

I could only see "tree" of them in that last photo. Wink Wink Very nice work on that depot Thumbsup Thumbsup Applause

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Catt - 03-04-2016

Thumbsup Applause Thumbsup

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 03-04-2016

Thanks folks!

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - danielb - 06-02-2016

Superb work as always Tyson. Smile

I know you've likely answered this already, but snooping through 50+ pages will be tough! Where did you get your photo backscenes from? I'm working on a Virginia based layout and something like those would be superb for it.

Oh, and what's that little yard office building on your scenic fiddle yard board? It looks very cool!

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 06-02-2016

Hi Daniel! The backdrops are from <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.realisticbackgrounds.com">www.realisticbackgrounds.com</a><!-- w --> and I am not connected with them in anyway other than being a satisfied customer. The building is by Depots by John and is cast resin. The building is one piece with separate windows frames, chimney and roofing material. It is part # 87-6002 in the current Walthers N and Z catalog on page 242. They also have several other kits listed as well. Hope this helps!

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 12-06-2016

Catt's blazing speed while working on a half dozen layouts at once has finally shamed me into getting started on the final section of the layout. As you can see lighting is an issue that will have to be addressed. Icon_lol

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - ak-milw - 12-06-2016

I knew Catt was good for something. Nice start Tyson

Cheers

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 12-07-2016

Thanks Andy!

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 12-10-2016

Well when I drilled the hole on this side of the wall it was 3/8 of an inch off from the other side on a wall that is only 5" thick. Which means if I was the guy drilling the Chunnel, France and England would have missed each other by about 200 bizillion miles! Eek Nope So I had to make like a coal miner and take the top off the mountain to widen the other side as a stud kept me from widening this side. Unlike coal mining I was able to put the top back on the mountain when I was done. Wallbang

Notice the whole time this was going on the deer never stopped grazing! Goldth

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - ak-milw - 12-10-2016

Thumbsup Thumbsup Applause

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - BR60103 - 12-10-2016

Mike:
I think there's a tunnel in Scotland (IIRC, in Fife between the Forth and Tay bridges) that missed by so much that there's an S-bend in the middle.

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 12-11-2016

David we have a highway here like that. Thanks Andy.

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Catt - 12-11-2016

When I drilled through the wall for a branch line that ended up not happening (yet) I( burned up two very expencive hole saws cutting through what is esentually hardwood tongue and grove flooring used to divide the basement into two seperate rooms.This was originally to expand the original N scale layout but now justmay get used to expand the HO switching layout I have planned. Applause

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - teejay - 12-11-2016

Good thing you aren't a dentist , Mike ! Misngth

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - MountainMan - 12-11-2016

Tyson Rayles Wrote:Catt's blazing speed while working on a half dozen layouts at once has finally shamed me into getting started on the final section of the layout. As you can see lighting is an issue that will have to be addressed. Icon_lol

What locos do the fishing poles control? 8-)