Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Mainline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: N/Z and Smaller Modeling (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 (/showthread.php?tid=4413)

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Sumpter250 - 11-21-2011

That "structure" you removed from the roof, was interesting. Was it meant to be a freight elevator equipment room?
Maybe with some slight modification it could be. Wink

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 11-21-2011

Railohio that will be a alleyway to a street on the other side of the building. It is way to narrow and to low for a train to fit thru. Pete the building is a bash of mainly the Walthers Sunrise feed mill and the AMB N. Hitzeman feed mill with some other parts thrown in so I'm not sure where it came from but it made the building to tall in relation to the track on a grade behind it and was really screwing up how things "down in the valley" looked compared to the "town up on the hill" so it had to go.

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Sumpter250 - 11-22-2011

Cheers

yup!, I can see it had to go.

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - doctorwayne - 11-22-2011

Well, here I am, late to another party, :oops: but certainly worth the trip. Great modelling, Mike, and very nicely photographed, too. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 11-22-2011

Thanks Wayne!

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 12-03-2011

A little more progress, not all the parts are glued yet (like the collector on the roof.

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Sumpter250 - 12-03-2011

Lookin' good !!

and, I have to constantly remind myself,

This is N scale !!!! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Thanks Pete!

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Ralph - 12-03-2011

I really like the piping on the roof coming from the collector! What did you use for it?
Ralph

Ralph thanks, the collector and the big pipe going straight down from it are from the Walthers Sunrise Feed Mill kit. The two pipes that kind of zig-zag are from my spare parts box ( I don't throw anything away Nope ) and I don't remember where they came from orginally, sorry.

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Ralph - 12-03-2011

That's OK! It just validates my own use of the spare parts box and makes the project even better in my opinion. Creating something like that out of spare parts is Modeling with a capital M. Thumbsup
Ralph

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Sumpter250 - 12-04-2011

Ralph Wrote:That's OK! It just validates my own use of the spare parts box and makes the project even better in my opinion. Creating something like that out of spare parts is Modeling with a capital M. Thumbsup
Ralph
Cheers

The guys over at Finescale Modeler/ sci fi, refer to "spare parts modeling" as a "junkbuild"

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 12-04-2011

Junkbuild pretty much describes anything I build!
Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Charlie B - 12-05-2011

Mike
You sure might build with junk, but you sure don't build junk....we had a saying, making ice cream outta....well, you get the point. Goldth
Your work is beautiful, and I too have a hard time remembering it is N gauge.
Charlie

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 12-06-2011

Thanks Charlie!