And now for something different ! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Branchline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Forum: Scratchbuilding and kitbashing - All Scales (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: And now for something different ! (/showthread.php?tid=4904)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Re: And now for something different ! - Tyson Rayles - 03-02-2012

Awesome project for sure TJ! Hopefully one day we can se it and the rest of the layout in the pages of MR or some other mag.

Re: And now for something different ! - teejay - 03-02-2012

I really doubt that will happen Mike as the guy is very private and avoids the spotlight .

T

Re: And now for something different ! - ward kesic - 03-02-2012

WOW! Waveof7 Waveof7

Re: And now for something different ! - Sumpter250 - 03-03-2012

jglfan Wrote:Big Dodger fan here, at least when I was a kid and they had just moved to LA. My father hated them for moving, but I kept the faith.
My dad did, and so did I.........now ?.. I have the Cubs !! " Maybe next year " 357 357 357

Re: And now for something different ! - AF350 - 03-03-2012

OMG!!!

That is a big undertaking. I gotta get one of those Icon_lol would have to keep it in the back yard Icon_lol

Nice work.

Re: And now for something different ! - teejay - 03-03-2012

One of our little "shop jokes " is ....When's the kit coming out ?? "

Yeah, and what would we charge ? Thumbsup

T

Re: And now for something different ! - modelsof1900 - 03-04-2012

Model building of a very specific art! And work, work, work! Fantastic!
What are the model dimensions totally? And how many seats?

Re: And now for something different ! - Tyson Rayles - 03-04-2012

And do those dimensions include the parking lot? Eek

Re: And now for something different ! - teejay - 03-04-2012

The model is not rectangular .....rather like a rhombus with the longest side , 3rd base side , 16 feet , outfield ( which was added on to the original park back in the day ) is about 14 feet .

The customer outsourced the seats ....he bought the mold which he will let us have for any further ball parks .....and there are boxes and boxes of them totalling 31,000 .

No parking lot , Mike , but there will be a road running around the outside of the park . We aren't supplying the lp's so I don't know what the guy has in mind . I do know that he has asked for an access hole at the pitchers mound so he can stick his head through with his Dodger cap on and " be the pitcher ".

The giant baseball and words "EBBETS FIELD" that you can see inside the rotunda were created by Mark .

My part in building all this is cutting , fitting and gluing most of the horizontal pieces you see . All the uprights and webbing were cut on the Epilog Laser by Mark . We use Weldbond glue exclusively because we find it has better strength than other white glues ....just our experience . We buy and use it by the gallon . Virtually everything is made from wood .

Terry

Re: And now for something different ! - sailormatlac - 03-04-2012

It's completely sick! The scale, the details! Do you have a rough estimate how long it will take to build this structure? Just gluing the 31,000 seats is some feat.

Matt

Re: And now for something different ! - AF350 - 03-04-2012

A model as monumental as this needs some sound effects Big Grin Popcornbeer Big Grin

Re: And now for something different ! - BR60103 - 03-04-2012

You'll be looking for a different hobby when you get home at night!

Re: And now for something different ! - teejay - 03-04-2012

Here's a lousy picture from the left field bleachers . Our second in command , Joe Lemay , is purposely standing there to give some perspective to the size of the model ......sorry , my flash didn't go off.... :oops:

[Image: ebbets011.jpg]

I don't think the seats will be a problem , Matt , as they are joined together in rows of 14 and they are well ballanced . I think the difficulty will be with all the railings that we will be starting shortly after Joe makes a jig . I think , barring a major "gaff" we will be pretty well done by June .

T

Re: And now for something different ! - Sumpter250 - 03-05-2012

Good luck finding an O scale figure that can hit a home run out of that ball park, but if you do, make sure it's wearing a Brooklyn Dodger uniform. Wink 357 357

Re: And now for something different ! - teejay - 03-05-2012

I'll try to find a Willie Mays look alike !

T