And now for something different ! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Branchline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Forum: Scratchbuilding and kitbashing - All Scales (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: And now for something different ! (/showthread.php?tid=4904)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Re: And now for something different ! - Tyson Rayles - 05-31-2012

There aren't words that can do justice to this project!
Worship Worship Worship

Re: And now for something different ! - Charlie B - 05-31-2012

This is better than "museum" quality. We really can't give you guys enough thumbs up...Will this be offered as a Walther's cornerstone kit? Goldth Nope

Charlie

Re: And now for something different ! - teejay - 06-12-2012

Moving right along , we continue working with the seats . They are a pain . Our "quick and easy " method of making a retainer for the legs and simply gluing the seats into the retainer didn't work for various reasons I won't bore you with . We had to move on to slooowwwwer Plan B .
As you can see there are 2 different seat configurations ....the 2-leg version for all upper deck seats and the 4 leg version for the complete lower deck . The rows in the upper deck are at a steeper angle than those in the lower deck ; hence ,the different seats . That's how Ebbets did it , so we follow along .

[Image: ebbets057.jpg]

[Image: ebbets056.jpg]

The 2 leg version is by far the easiest to install and we made pretty good time ....the 4 leg type has got flaws in it ( some warpage when molded ) and have to be cut and fitted . What we thought was solid green plastic is really white underneath with a green coating . When you trim or alter the seat , you need to touch up with green paint or marker . Very time consuming .

The good news is we have battled on and made some headway

[Image: ebbets054.jpg]

[Image: ebbets055.jpg]

...seats are about 80% complete

Re: And now for something different ! - teejay - 06-12-2012

We have endeavored to stay as close to proto as possible . We have made a few mistakes along the way , corrected them , and hope to remember them when we build the Polo Grounds next .

T

Re: And now for something different ! - AF350 - 06-14-2012

WOW it is looking great Thumbsup

Are you going to populate the stadium?

Re: And now for something different ! - teejay - 06-14-2012

The l.p.'s are not in this contract , so no , they are the customers deal . Painting individuals would be costly / time consuming .

T

Re: And now for something different ! - teejay - 06-20-2012

Details , details

[Image: ebbets058.jpg]

[Image: ebbets059.jpg]

The little baseball detail was fun 357 ...they came out of the laser as a disc and had to be sanded individually to look round . Three guesses who got that job . Don't ask how many times I dropped them on the floor ....and there were 168 to do in all for the whole park .

T

The upper deck facia is being applied by Joe.

[Image: ebbets065.jpg]

We left out two rows of seats so as to install the facia and railings without bumping in to anything . The railings are just fitted ....need to be pulled out for paint .

Three exterior walls / skin are in place ....the back wall is "concrete "

[Image: ebbets061.jpg]

[Image: ebbets060.jpg]

[Image: ebbets064.jpg]

As you can see most of the seats are in except the 2 front upper deck rows as mentioned as well as the seats where the stadium is split ( for transporting ) ...they will be installed at the customers site .

[Image: ebbets063.jpg]

[Image: ebbets062.jpg]

T

Re: And now for something different ! - Tyson Rayles - 06-20-2012

T will we get to see it installed with the infield in place once it gets to it's new home? Also does/will it have working lights?

Worship Worship Worship

Mike , the infield will be made and installed ( removable ) shortly ...week or two I think .

I'm assuming you've seen the lights on pages 4,5 and 6 , so if you mean field lights , we ran in to a snag . Some lights from .....uh , another country ( you can guess I'm sure ) were recommended to us by a mutual friend . We installed 50 and wired them in ......worked great on three occasions then started going out one by one like your old Christmas tree lights .......turned out to be crap . Our mistake . The new ones have arrived but aren't in place yet . The mutual friend remains bound and gagged in our broom closet . Misngth

T

Re: And now for something different ! - Tyson Rayles - 06-20-2012

Sorry to hear about your lighting problem but at least it showed up BEFORE it was delivered to the customer. I had seen the post on the lights but missed (or more likely forgot 35 ) the part about them working.

Re: And now for something different ! - sailormatlac - 06-30-2012

Great to see this project after many months! Really impressive in both size and details! I love the brick facades, they're full of nostalgia!

Matt

Re: And now for something different ! - teejay - 07-03-2012

Looks like tomorrow ( Wed. ) will be interesting ....I emailed the sports editor of the city paper wondering if he would be interested in a story about Ebbets .....said he'll be in tomorrow at 1 pm to have a look ......guess I'd better wear a clean T-shirt and brush my tooth . Misngth

We're down to installing field lights , building the infield and finishing the roadway in front of the park .......won't be long , 3 weeks tops .
T