MRR Mag Rant - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Back Shop (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: Remembering Our Fallen Flag Members (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Sumpter250 (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=82)
+---- Thread: MRR Mag Rant (/showthread.php?tid=5130)

Pages: 1 2

MRR Mag Rant - Sumpter250 - 06-08-2012

I just locked the topic. <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5671&start=15">viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5671&start=15</a><!-- l -->
It's my judgement call that Mountainman / Steinjr have said enough, and the topic was a time bomb, just waiting to go off.
If any think it can safely be unlocked, I won't argue.
Pete

Re: MRR Mag Rant - ngauger - 06-08-2012

I just had to read the entire thread... Never saw that one....

I agree - leave it locked......... and if we get the "Why is that thread locked?" thread - you can delete the new thread!!! Shoot

Re: MRR Mag Rant - ezdays - 06-08-2012

Sumpter250 Wrote:I just locked the topic. <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5671&start=15">viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5671&start=15</a><!-- l -->
It's my judgement call that Mountainman / Steinjr have said enough, and the topic was a time bomb, just waiting to go off.
If any think it can safely be unlocked, I won't argue.
Pete
No, that's good enough for that thread. I was about to post in it to try to put it to rest, but then I noticed that it was locked, so I left it be. I see no reason to unlock it, and in my opinion, Steamtrains made way too much of an issue because of a damaged magazine that could have been replaced without incident. Why is it that whenever MM gets involved, things go downhill quickly? Nope

Re: MRR Mag Rant - Sumpter250 - 06-08-2012

ezdays Wrote:Why is it that whenever MM gets involved, things go downhill quickly? Nope

Icon_lol 'cause - - - He is "mountain man", and there is a thing called gravity, so things go downhill more often than they go uphill . Icon_twisted 357 Icon_lol 357 Icon_twisted Hey! you asked..... Big Grin

Re: MRR Mag Rant - ezdays - 06-08-2012

Sumpter250 Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:Why is it that whenever MM gets involved, things go downhill quickly? Nope

Icon_lol 'cause - - - He is "mountain man", and there is a thing called gravity, so things go downhill more often than they go uphill . Icon_twisted 357 Icon_lol 357 Icon_twisted Hey! you asked..... Big Grin
Lots of stuff goes downhill because of gravity. The most common stuff that I know of is usually flushed in a civilized environment like ours. Could it be that MM actually lives in the woods and perhaps his "stuff" doesn't go anywhere and just piles up? Icon_lol Icon_lol

Re: MRR Mag Rant - doctorwayne - 06-08-2012

ezdays Wrote:Lots of stuff goes downhill because of gravity. The most common stuff that I know of is usually flushed in a civilized environment like ours. Could it be that MM actually lives in the woods and perhaps his "stuff" doesn't go anywhere and just piles up? Icon_lol Icon_lol

So, does that mean that we've been misinterpreting the make-up of the "Mountain" in his screen name? He often seems full of it, but now he's sitting atop it. Eek Rocky Mountain high, indeed. Ouch! Icon_lol Misngth Misngth

Wayne

Re: MRR Mag Rant - ngauger - 06-08-2012

steamtrains posted a new post - I moved it to the ash pit -

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=5685&p=101432#p101432">viewtopic.php?f=32&t=5685&p=101432#p101432</a><!-- l -->

I also PM'd him:

Gus... The MRR Topic was locked for a reason... The staff thought that it could possibly take a turn for the worse. We are leaving the thread out in the open so that the complaints can be seen by any interested person. In our Big Blue Posting Guidelines, we state that bashing will not be tolerated, This includes any other member, any company (USPS) and any publisher in general.

Rest assured that any other threads that are posted pertaining to the original rant thread, will be deleted, so this is nothing personal.

We agree with your comments about the magazine but we don't want this thread to keep going forever.

Thanks for understanding.....

~~~~~ Mikey (Co-admin/Co-owner) of Big Blue

Re: MRR Mag Rant - ngauger - 06-09-2012

And his answer Smile

Re: MRR-Revisited
Sent: Today, 1:00 am
To: ngauger

OK....No problem here...

Re: MRR Mag Rant - ezdays - 06-09-2012

ngauger Wrote:And his answer Smile

Re: MRR-Revisited
Sent: Today, 1:00 am
To: ngauger

OK....No problem here...
Glad he understands. Now if we could only get MM to think clearly before he speaks, we'd have more peace and harmony all around us. Basically, the rant was unnecessary, things happen in the Post Office, they handle millions of pieces every day and so you need to accept it or just take the simple way and ask for a replacement. Don't take them to task for not spending the extra bucks to protect every magazine. The criticism might have been justified, but still out of line. I've yet to have one issue damaged, and I've been getting MRR for at least ten years now.

I was watching a show on the Travel Channel, "Baggage Battle"; they say that the airlines lose around 70,000 bags a day. Now that's something to rant about.

Re: MRR Mag Rant - Brakie - 06-09-2012

I agree that topic was doomed to get locked from the start.

Instead of doing a "rant" topic he should have sent a e-mail requesting a replacement copy.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the record I thumb through the July issue of MR and decided it wasn't worth the price..I suspect dropped sales and low subscriptions might be one reason advertisers are looking elsewhere.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now then I apologize not not being round as much as I should be but, I am able to fish 219 again and that's exactly what I been doing..

Not to brag or boast I haven't lost my touch..I'm still catching more then by fair share of fish..Of course I been catching more trout,large bluegill and rockbass out of the Crossroad lake-I call it a supersize farm pond but ODNR calls it a small lake-I enjoy that type of fishing on light and ultra light tackle and besides that this "lake" is by the NS Sandusky Line so,I can fish and railfan at the same time...

Re: MRR Mag Rant - ezdays - 06-10-2012

I got this from Stein this morning. Obviously, everyone involved, except MM, has come forth to apologize. We are at peace once more, and MM is still the same.
Quote:Hi Ralph and Don --

Sorry about causing you lower berth moderators extra work with my comments in the MRR rant thread. I should have kept my big mouth shut about how I feel about (IMO) excessive complaining about trivial issues.

BTW - be warned that MountainMan is complaining (by PM) about how he was prevented from continuing the "discussion" by me locking the thread.

If I know him right, my answer by PM that I have no more power to lock threads than he does will likely bring a new public thread with yet more complaints from him sometime soon. The man seems to enjoy complaining, and probably feels cheated by the thread being locked.

My fault. I do know it is usually best to let the compulsive complainers keep complaining while ignoring them.

Again - I am very sorry about having caused this unnecessary tempest in a tea cup.

Stein

Oh yeah, I did respond that we understand what happened...

Re: MRR Mag Rant - doctorwayne - 06-10-2012

Yeah, in my opinion, Stein has done nothing wrong, but he does sometimes get frustrated enough to speak his mind. And of course, there's no one more frustrating than mountainman. Misngth

Wayne

Re: MRR Mag Rant - Brakie - 06-10-2012

Wayne,At least we don't have a active troll here like they do on the MR forum..Hint: the guy asking the trolling about brass locomotives and then raising a fuss.

Of course if he was here he would have been ban by now.

Re: MRR Mag Rant - doctorwayne - 06-10-2012

You're right, although that guy seems to have a real issue with Sheldon in particular. Sheldon is who he is, but I think that he usually brings some common sense and a different perspective to any discussion, and is therefore an asset. Mountainman has his good moments, but at other times, he can be simply an asset minus the "et". The same goes for that other guy - at least now we know how to get him cranked-up. Icon_lol
When he started the second thread, pleading for a Moderator's intervention, only to have Sheldon reply there, too, I almost choked with laughter. Misngth Misngth
For the most part, we're blessed with a much better-behaved membership here.

Wayne

Re: MRR Mag Rant - Ralph - 06-12-2012

Hi guys,

Good to be back. I read a PM from Stein and then found the thread. I think his comment on the thread was a bit provocative and probably would have created worse issues had Mountain Out of Molehill Man done his ususal thing. Thanks for taking care of that one!

Ralph