The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 12-15-2013

Good morning. It's 35° with 92% humidity. The high will be 52° with some clouds.
[Image: cond026.gif]

Put my leg on this morning, put my weight on it and instant pain! Something was wrong. Seems my stump has shrunk up a bit more. I put on one of the socks that was provided and that seems to have fixed things for now. Don't know if I'll do any work on Oliver's adventure. That depends on what else happens today. Later I may see if I can get out to the shop and see if I can find any of my tools out there. I brought quite a few of them down here before I went to the hospital. Hopefully they weren't thrown away. That would be a big expense if they were.

[Image: P1011345-1.jpg]

[Image: P1011316-1.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4584.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-15-2013

Morning. Sunny and warming. Christmas parade this afternoon. Did some Train Box work yesterday afternoon and cleaned tracks.

Kev, roads are wide open here. Oh, we only had rain. Tongue

All have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-15-2013

Good morning Blue
We have lite snow and 22 degrees, December is suppose to be in the 30s.
Not even close.
I'm still in the healing process so I missed our club meet last night and will miss today's Christmas train sale/show.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 12-15-2013

Well I wore the leg for most of the day today. Took it off at 6:45 this evening. No red spots on the stump and knee but a couple spots were somewhat tender. Pain was moderate at worst. From one to ten a three or four. I walked around in the yard a bit this morning and in the house some. This afternoon we went to Subway for dinner and to celebrate my step mothers birthday. I like Subway as long as somebody else is buying. Due to an incident some years ago I'll never buy anything there again. Maybe I'll tell you about it someday.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 12-15-2013

Well been absent again for a few well heres a couple pics of my christmas layout on my train table

[Image: Christmas2013015.jpg]

[Image: Christmas2013011.jpg]

Not a lot else going on just about got my shelf layout finished again ( had to tighten up the tracks didn't the first time lol) just need to find my dremal to finish as need to cut about 2" of track off of a section of track and I'll be done well that and finish screwing the last two sections down.

You all have a good week talk to you all later.

Nice layout RT.

Well I did a little work on Oliver's adventure today. I had a set of stack variables that weren't working the way I had intended. Turned out it was one variable causing all the trouble. There are two similar variables, SB1 and SB2. In this instance SB1=1 and SB2=2. When Oliver goes into a seating compartment and starts snooping around SB1=1 and SB2=2. However when he is searching the overhead rack a ten year old boy who was asleep on one of the seats wakes up. Now SB1=0 and SB2=2. The kid runs out of the compartment. SB1=1 and SB2=1. This is where things get hairy. The variables look simple enough and they are. Quick Basic (QBasic) would look at the variables and see them for what they are. SB1 and SB2. It looks at the ENTIRE variable and the assignment (that's the # after the '=' sign). However I'm not using Quick Basic. I'm using Applesoft Basic. It looks at part of the variable. The first two characters (SB) then it looks at the assignment. See the problem? SB1 and SB2 have the SAME first two characters. So the computer is looking at SB1 and SB2 but basic is seeing SB and SB. Guess what happens when SB1=1 and SB2=1. Basic sees SB=1 and SB=1. This causes the stack to crash and I get a stack overflow error. However the fix was simple enough. SB1 is still SB1 but SB2 is now SD2 and the stack is working properly. It involved reformatting seventeen line assignments where SB2 was used, about an hours work.

The leg was good to me today. Only some moderate pain but no red spots. Maybe I'll grow some calluses in those areas soon.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1011370-1.jpg]

[Image: P1011286.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5757.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-16-2013

Good night all.

KEV, I really love the snow. Can live in it. Just love to "rag" you Yanks about it.

Sleep tight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-16-2013

Good morning everyone, hope the weekend was kind to you. I feel for all of you that have been fighting those recent storms. Here, not to brag, but we're looking at some close to record temps. Today we're in the high 70's, tomorrow is 80, with the record for that day being 81. They are forecasting rain for Friday, 357 and back to normal temps.

RB, glad to see things are working out with that leg. It'll take a while to break in and get use to, but you're doing well in just so little time. I don't blame you for using those electric carts in stores. I remember when I had my knee surgery last year, I'd have been out of luck if it weren't for those carts. Worship

I hope everyone has a great week. We know that we're zeroing in on Christmas when we're just a few days away from getting the turkey out of the freezer to defrost.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-16-2013

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 12 degrees outside my window this morning. NWS is claiming a high of 31 today and even warmer temps for Tuesday and Wednesday.

Not a lot happened yesterday. My Fair Lady did get three loaves of banana bread baked and put in the freezer. Today I may finally be able to get to the gym. Other activities may develop later.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-16-2013

Morning all. Sunny and frosty but warming fast. Suppose to warm more and more each day this week. Out for a walk. Getting back into the routine. Got Mayors' Assoc. Christmas party tonight. May go to the lake house tomorrow and spend a night. Will be first time in two months.

Have a good week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-16-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have sun but only 12 degrees..going to stay cold all day.
A nice chat with some of the train guys last night. There was enough of us that whatever topic got thrown out there was discussed.
And so begins another week of winter.. Sad
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 12-16-2013

Goo morning. It's 35.5° (seriously, that's what the display says) with 96% humidity. The high will be 62° and feel like 66°.
[Image: condsunny-1.jpg]

The leg is feeling good this morning. I just have to remember to straighten that knee before I put my weight on it. Didn't do that this morning and almost ended up doing the splits. Last time I did that was when we lived in El Paso. Who would believe that it could snow there? I was nine years old then. Landing in the split position on snow and ice was a memorable experience then and it definitely would be now on a marble tile floor forty-four years later.

I plan to get some work done on Oliver's adventure. Maybe I can get him into the baggage car today.

It's my intent to get some walking time in today. I've already done some this morning.

[Image: P1011376.jpg]

[Image: P1011338.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5771.jpg]

[Image: santaxx.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Kev1340 - 12-16-2013

Good evening Blue,

It's very wet and windy here in the UK, 2 inches of rain forecast in the next 24 hours, so expecting some local flooding - if it happens, our forecast aren't normally that accurate Icon_lol

Fairly productive weekend on the N&W layout, details elsewhere.

Went out for a nice meal to celebrate my Mother's birthday yesterday.

RB, glad your still progressing. Probably not news to you, but when I was anticipating similar surgery myself, I spoke to several guys who had gone through it. They all said their stump would shrink considerably overnight, the gradually swell through the day. They all had multiple 'socks' of varying thickness to compensate, and would have to change them 3 or even 4 time during the day.

Cheers,

Kev

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 12-16-2013

Didn't get anything done on Oliver's adventure today. I was too busy doing other things. Practicing my walking, wrapping gifts, practicing going up and down a step. I was all right as long as I remembered to step down with my right foot (fake one). If I stepped down first with the left the right leg didn't like it. Going up the step, I could do that leading with the left or right. It was easiest if I stood on the right and stepped up with the left then brought the right up then repeated it. When my right leg gets stronger it should get easier. On my walking, I can do it unassisted but I'm unsteady. More like stagger around like a drunk horse! It's much easier with a cane so that's what I'm using. On the gift wrapping, I'm not good at it so I took my time. I took nearly an hour to wrap two DVD's, a manicure/pedicure station and a 1/25 Nascar Monte Carlo model kit. They actually look pretty good.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN5810.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5217.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5783.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-17-2013

Morning all. Pretty day here. Sunny and warmer. A few things here to do and then lake house for a couple. Enjoy.