The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 01-01-2014

Well we had our traditional New Years meal today next door at my nieces place. It was a nice little gathering that included a few of the neighbors.

I loaded the SD card three times today, forty-eight programs worth and went through them on the //e one program at a time. Those I decided to keep I put on floppy disks, the others I ignored and erased when when I reloaded the card. I have two loads to do tomorrow. The first one is already loaded.

It's looking like I'll be going back home in a week. I just hope the pipes are still in one piece. There hasn't been any heat on over there at all. This place is nice but I don't know how much more of my fathers smart mouth I can take. He claims I have the smart mouth and I just tell him 'naturally, I had a great teacher' meaning him. He doesn't like that argument because I always win. As small as my home is it'll be great to get back to my own PC and back to my layout.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chuck - 01-01-2014

YEEEEEESSSSSSS! Michigan State wins the Rose Bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go State!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 01-01-2014

Today I got a look at what's in the burned down pampas grass patch. What was initially thought to be an old school desk has on closer inspection turned out to be an old aluminum barbecue grill minus it's lid. I'm not sure if it was made to use charcoal or gas but I'm leaning toward gas as it has what's left of a front panel. I have no idea how long it's been in there but I know it wasn't there when we went to Germany in 1975. When we came back in December 1978 he grass had grown sufficiently thick to hide anything that could have been left there by any tenants while we were gone. Any time beyond that it would have been near impossible to use one there.

As I said earlier, I have the sixteen Apple II programs ready to be checked in the morning. Some of you may remember these and they may be older than some of you:
Hardball, Gremlins, California Games (two disk set), Galaxian, Summer Games II (double sided disk), Summer Games (double sided disk), Koronis, Winter Games (double sided disk), Space Shuttle, Micro League Baseball, Dive Bomber and Pegasus.

Nothing additional to report. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1012466.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1608.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5771.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-02-2014

Greetings, gang.

-6 headed for a high of 1. Not a very nice forecast but better than what it's supposed to be on Monday. Monday morning' s predicted low is -16 with a high estimated to be -10.

Had a quiet day yesterday after the football game. Nebraska and Michigan State are the only two bowl winners from the Big 10. Ohio State has yet to play. Last night I dug out the X-box for some racing. On a simple oval it took me about 5 tries to finally win the race. Had a difficult time coming out of the last turn. I would either hit the wall or someone would clip me and send me into the wall.

On the agenda for today is a trip to the gym and whatever else My Fair Lady dreams up for me.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-02-2014

Good morning everyone. Now that all the holiday stuff is behind us, I hope everyone survived with the smallest pain (New Years Eve), and have nothing but fond memories of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. We took it easy New Years Eve and yesterday. Watched a little football, but not a lot, and played "Monster's University" that we started the night before and even had time for a double-feature including "Planet 51". It's obvious that we tend towards realistic animated movies rather then those contrived, real people ones. Icon_lol Icon_lol

We're looking at a temp of 42 right now with a high of around 75, about 3 degrees from the record. Phoenix is about one degree higher which is no biggie, especially for those that have come here for those bowl games or to get out of the havoc being dealt by the weather in other parts of the country right now.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-02-2014

Morning all and afternoon English. Cloudy and rain on the way. Then temps DROP for a couple. Warm up in a few with rain and then colder again. Roller coaster. Not much to do today. Hope some train time. Feel for all you Yanks up Nawth. Too cold and all that white stuff. Stay dry and warm. Wifey wishes for a couple of inches for about 24 hours and then melt. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - teejay - 01-02-2014

Top O' the Mornin' ....and Happy New Year , everyone .

Big time snow here in the Great White North ....about 10" by my calculation ...snow up the wazoo so I have to finish my coffee and get shoveling . It's days like this I wish I had a snow blower but I'll use my "early blower " called a shovel .

T

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-02-2014

Good Morning Blue
!0 degrees, snowed all day yesterday and still at it.
Looks like at least 6+ inches.
We stayed in yesterday, watched the Rose Bowl parade and game.
I got my nap in between the two.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 01-02-2014

Good morning. It's 42° with 61% humidity. The high will be 48° and feel like 38°. A wind advisory is in effect until 6pm.
[Image: cond026.gif]

Windy today. Speed is 20-25mph with gusts to 30. I hope to get over to my place to check the pipes and get the heater going. It's gonna be getting down in the low twenties here at night for a little while. Monday will be the coldest at 20°.

Got the first of two SD cards of Apple games transferred to my //e. I kept about 80% of them and deleted the rest. The ones I kept are on floppy disks now. I'll get the second SD card of programs transferred this afternoon.

Spent part of my morning ordering vitamins and dietary supplements via internet for my father. He seems to have this idea he can't do it. I've told him a third grader can do it, it's that easy, or do you refuse to learn to do something a third grader can do?

[Image: P1012461.jpg]

[Image: P1012441-1.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5935-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 01-02-2014

Went over to my trailer earlier today to turn on the heater and turn the water on. Went inside and turned the kitchen faucets on to run out any air. There wasn't much. When I was satisfied that the water heater was full I turned it on. That'll keep up the heat under the sink so those pipes won't freeze. I couldn't find any sign of water leaking anywhere and couldn't hear any spraying anywhere so looks like I'm good on that. Inside the trailer looks like the result of a bomb going off in an open filing cabinet. I definitely have to get in there with a broom and dust pan. I guess I can borrow those items from somewhere. Outside I immediately had issues with the step-up porch my father slapped together. It makes for one step up from the ground to the porch, a matter of seven inches. The same for the step up from the porch to the doorway. A fourteen inch rise in two steps. I have to step up with my real foot while trying to balance on the fake foot and that just doesn't work well. The diagram below shows what I told him needs to be done.

[Image: stepdiagram.jpg]

An easy fix but he acts like I'm asking for the impossible.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 01-02-2014

Well there is a ton of snow out there but it has stopped, a big blast of cold air is due to come thru here by Sunday and as luck would have it I am scheduled for 2nd shift Sunday but 1st shift on Tuesday. Not complaining as I am happy to just have a job at this point.

Monday I am looking for a box of parts to build a control panel(switches and panel meters) to be here.

In the mail Factory Five Racing(manufacturer of replica and Kit automobiles) sent me a DVD showcasing their cars : Kits come with frame body parts everything except the running gear (engine, transmission, wheels) If there are any gear heads out there Factory Five Racing is something you need to see. One of these days I may build one when I can afford it either the 33 ford replica hotrod, or the GTM super car(needs doner parts from Corvette(Ls engine), Porsche(transaxle). Their Cobra replica known as the Factory Five MK IV comes in street and track versions.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-02-2014

Kevin, you stay warm and dry. You've got the super John Deere with cab. Should be fun pushing snow. Good luck.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 01-02-2014

Running Bear Wrote:What was initially thought to be an old school desk has on closer inspection turned out to be an old aluminum barbecue grill minus it's lid.
Man, what sort of school did you go to? Icon_lol

RB How are you climbing stairs? Can you do one foot per step or do you have to bring both feet together on each step? (Nosy question; feel free to tell me to shut up.)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - zstripe - 01-03-2014

RB,
Too bad I am not closer to You, I could fix up your stairs and add a railing to hang on too,probably in a couple hours. Having both my legs though I can understand somewhat what you are going through, I had my heel and ankle broke at the same time,with a cast a little past my knee and going up and down stairs without a railing, is a pita. Hang in there buddy! A lot of people just don't know what it is like, until they have to experience it themselves.
Take Care! Cheers
Frank zstripe

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 01-03-2014

BR60103 Wrote:RB How are you climbing stairs? Can you do one foot per step or do you have to bring both feet together on each step? (Nosy question; feel free to tell me to shut up.)
Going up I have to step up with my left foot (natural) so I then can use that leg to bring myself up and get th right foot beside the left then repeat that process. I have very little balance control with the prosthetic leg and trying to go up the steps right foot first is a dicey proposition at best. It usually puts me at the bottom of the steps again (OUCH!). The higher the step is the harder it is. I can carry stuff up a four inch step. I can't carry very much up a seven inch step. Going down I have to put the prosthetic foot down on the lower step first then bring the left down to that step. If I step down with the left first my right knee gets very unhappy as I have no ankle flex on the right leg. It has a tiny amount of movement for walking but that's it. It can't flex forward or to the sides like a natural ankle. Makes it interesting when I'm putting my shoes on. It's like putting a shoe onto a foot shaped brick on he end of a metal rod.