The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 01-13-2014

Tonight - we got the side walls installed Smile Smile That's a Lionel O gauge Signal in front of it...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-14-2014

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 28 and going downhill. When I got up about an hour ago it was 36. Then the wind picked up to 25 mph with gusts to 40 and the temperature started to drop. The NWS says it's supposed to be 19 by 5 PM with an overnight low of 5.

The plumber is supposed to be stopping by this morning to answer some questions and hopefully give us a date when he can start replacing the water pipes. With any luck a trip to the gym is in the agenda for this morning also.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-14-2014

ngauger Wrote:
KRM Wrote:Ngauger, that is a fine looking car and G scale is a bit too big for me. Be careful you don't shoot your eye out!! Shoot 357
Icon_lol I have to be more careful that i don't drop it on my foot! Eek Goldth Goldth

Well, in that case, don't shoot yourself in the foot..... 357 357 357

Temps today in the mid-70's and pushing 80 by Friday. Nice day to go out in the desert for some target shooting...which we plan on doing just that.

Hope everyone has a great day today.... Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-14-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 35 degrees.
A little snow is expected this evening.
We did some grocery shopping this morning and eggs were $1.79 a dozen. Yikes!!!
I expect the next move will be 10 instead of 12 eggs at the same price.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 01-14-2014

Good afternoon. It's 62° with 25% humidity. That's weird. The high will be 68°.
[Image: cond026.gif]

Been very busy with getting things straightened up. I had a doc appointment scheduled this morning but my ride cancelled out yesterday AFTER the docs office was closed, so I had to call in this morning to reschedule it for Thursday morning. Later today I'll be busy working on a disk drive that's been waiting almost seven months. It's problem can be fixed by installing a new motor.

[Image: DSCN3981.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3943.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5934.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-14-2014

Morning. Warm and raining. "Fox on the run" today.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 01-14-2014

Day started with an early rain/drizzle high was a tropical 48 deg. F and I had to work today Nope

We completed our run early today and got sent home 10 min. early Big Grin

Ate some left over black-eyed peas and corn bread with a spoon full of sour cream(why I do not know)as soon as I got home.

May take a nap and read some and then nap again.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 01-14-2014

Low tonight will be 38 so I'll be turning off the a/c and turning the heater on low and hope I don't wake up feeling like a hothouse plant. My heater is two feet high and one foot, twenty inches wide. It looks like a wood stove but is really electric. The actual heater is underneath and can fit in a shoebox with room to spare. Though it's small it throws out a lot of heat and can keep this trailer warm on it's own. I have a couple of strategically positioned small fans to help push the heat toward the back of the trailer.

Got that disk drive fixed. Turned out to be a pin broken off a circuit board. All it needed was to be soldered back in place.

Got more stuff put away today. With model train stuff stuck into nearly every nook and cranny it's not easy. I'm gonna have to go through it all and see what can be sold/given away/tossed. There's a lot of stuff I don't use anymore.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN3914.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3891.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6064.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-15-2014

Good morning everyone, not much going on here, just some great weather for the next week or two, still looking like highs in the mid to high 70's, possibly even up to 80. it's not that uncommon seeing as the record highs are all in the 80's. For instance, today's record is 83 and tomorrow's is 85 just five years ago. I noticed that the city is taking down the Christmas banners they have around town and replacing them with baseball ones. Spring training isn't that far off, I think it starts in late February and goes for about four weeks. it's going to be fun this year, usually the traffic is backed up for a good half-mile on game day, but this year they have a major intersection dug up nearby with lanes blocked and lots of traffic cones. Eek

I hope weather is as pleasant where you are, but one way or the other, just have a great day. Big Grin Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-15-2014

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 10 degrees this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. High for today is supposed to be about 27 and continuing to rise overnight. Tomorrow morning the temperature is supposed to be about 34. Then the winds pick up again and the temperature will drop with a low tomorrow night of 1. Speaking of wind, a building downtown lost its roof yesterday during the 40+ mph winds.

We have hired the plumber to replace the old galvanized water pipes in the basement. He should be able to start late next week or early the following week and should be done in less than a day. The only item on the agenda for today is a trip to the gym.

Speaking of trip s to the gym - Chief, how did your first trip go?

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-15-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have a cloudy 28 this morning.
That will be our high for the day.
No special news from the train store.
I guess no exciting shipments have come in.
It's Wednesday....Happy Hump Day
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 01-15-2014

Good morning. It's 44° with 46% humidity. The high will be 55° but will feel like 51°. There will be some clouds.
[Image: cond026.gif]

Nothing special planned for today. I'll probably work on my van later to get it ready for inspection. The horn isn't working so it must be fixed.

[Image: DSCN3869.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3831.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5465.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 01-15-2014

Well the van failed inspection. Backup lights aren't working. I suspect it's a loose connection somewhere. I'll have to get under it sometime to see what I can see. Tomorrow morning is out as I have a doc appointment in town so it'll probably be sometime this weekend.

On the layout front, I spent some time staring at the carnage that is my layout and thinking about a few track plans that can include a loop going around the computer but that's about it.

Old Bachmann Spectrum GP40 shell on modern Bachmann DCC OnBoard GP38-2 chassis. The modern Bachmann GP40 chassis is a hair too big.

[Image: DSCN6066.jpg]

My van failed inspection today. Backup lights weren't working. I crawled up under it this afternoon and found the problem very quickly. The plastic plug that fits on the neutral starter switch on the side of the tranny is melted and the wires are burned through right at the plug. On nearly any other vehicle this would've been detected quickly as the vehicles starter wouldn't work. On mine I have a wire going from the battery to a starter button then to the relay on the starter. Told my nephew about it and he says he can have the backup lights working again no problem.

Other than that and building another Lobo Drive from spare parts nothing really went on today. I looked at the layout several times and I've been considering some track plans. I have to get to Lowe's to get some Styrofoam sheet or at least a number of 2x2 Styrofoam squares.

Well that's it for tonight. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN3821.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3797.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6073.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-15-2014

Busy day. Sleep tight all.