The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-16-2014

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, windy, and snowy here in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. The temp was 36 when I got up an hour ago but is starting its downward trend. Right now it's 32 falling to 19 by this afternoon. Winds are predicted to gust up to 50 mph.

Nothing major planned for today other than a trip to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-16-2014

Morning all. Snowed earlier this AM. Pretty but nothing but wet outside. Above freezing. Fairing off by noon. 15 miles west, grassy areas covered. Not much today. Hope to get into the Train Box for a few. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-16-2014

Good morning all. Here we are on the downside of hump day. I'll not ever get away from that connotation seeing as for years that was the term we used for Wednesday at work. It's also hard to believe that we're more than halfway through January. I'm still wondering what happened to 2011, never mind last year. :o They say that the older you get, the faster time seems to go. The reasoning is that when you're young, a week, month or even a year is such a significant percentage of your life, while the older you get, these times become a smaller and smaller percent. Time is still a constant regardless of what your age is, but I can attest to the fact that it seems to go by a lot faster than it used to, especially if you're doing something you enjoy doing. :cry: An hour working on your layout seems to go ten times faster than an hour at the doctor's office. Icon_lol

Enough of that, just enjoy the day regardless of how long or short it may be. Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-16-2014

Good Morning Blue
It's a gloomy 23 degrees and I'm freaking Cold.
Drinking some tomato soup maybe that will help.
I got the A-OK from my doctor, post surgery check up.
Our one year old car got it's first oil change this morning..has 2894 miles on it.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 01-16-2014

Good afternoon all.

Cold again with some snow flurries .

no news here.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Kev1340 - 01-16-2014

Good evening Blue,

Wet and windy here in the UK, just for a change! Quite mild though.

I've been building/hacking three Atlas 'Middlesex Manufacturing' list for my N scale N&W layout, and I'm sick of cutting hundreds window frames from the sprues, trimming them and glueing them in place!

Very nice kits by the way, though I was disappointed that they are so small compared to Walthers buildins ... Definitely couldn't be used next to each other, but great for the farther reaches of my 'dock' area.

Cheers,

Kev

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 01-16-2014

Doc appointment went well today. I gave him a printout of my blood sugar readings for the past two months showing that 80 units of insulin just wasn't cutting it and it would have to be taken back up to 100 units. The 100 units was working well before before but he wanted to see what 80 would do when taken along with a new medicine. Sometimes I think docs are like software engineers. They can't leave well enough alone. Speaking of software, my PC here has win8 (yuck!) with Firefox. It's having no problems whatsoever with the new forum software.

Gotta be at my fathers place in the morning to meet with my home health nurse. That pretty much blows the morning.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN3776.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3752.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6082.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-16-2014

Good night all. Sleep tight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-17-2014

Wake up sleepyheads it's Friday again. 2285_ 2285_ Time to give it your all so you can have a great weekend without worrying that you left something undone. Me, I'm starting the weekend early heading off into the desert for some target shooting. It's been a while since we've been out there. For years I would go out either target shooting or trap shooting with a friend just about every weekend, that is, until he had a stroke a few years ago. He's on the mend, but it'll be a while yet before we can get together and go, so I go out with other friends or my sons, just not as often. Even went out with Packey and his two girls (our granddaughters) one time, they had a ball and did very well.

Weatherwise, I can't tell, my Weather Channel app crashed and I can't get it to even reload, but I'm pretty sure that it'll be in the high 70's again.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-17-2014

Morning all. Sunny and cold. Not as cold as last week. Colder coming but still better than last week. Off to eye Dr. [12 months thingy]. Later, Lone Survivor with Frankie. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-17-2014

Greetings, gang.

Clear and cold outside my window this morning. Right now it's 3, up from a low of 1. High for today is supposed to be about 15. There's a slight chance of flurries tonight and tomorrow and by Sunday it's supposed to be in the low 40s.

Main item on the agenda for today is waiting for the plumber. The main stack going to the second floor has sprung a leak. I tore open the wall in the dining room and found a 3 foot long crack in the cast iron pipe. I guess it's one of the hazards of owning an old house.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-17-2014

FiatFan Wrote:Greetings, gang.

Main item on the agenda for today is waiting for the plumber. The main stack going to the second floor has sprung a leak. I tore open the wall in the dining room and found a 3 foot long crack in the cast iron pipe. I guess it's one of the hazards of owning an old house.

All stay safe.

Tom

Tom, had my old house re-plumbed two years ago. Wasn't that bad. Had galvanized and copper. Changed the water flow. galvanized was almost stopped up.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 01-17-2014

Good morning. It's 48° with 32% humidity. No wonder my lips feel dry. The high will be 55° and feel like 53°. Looks like tonight will be the last night below 40° for a little while.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

Got the nurses visit out of the way this morning. Blood sugar was a bit high but I did have chips and corn and black bean salsa last night. Can't dance without paying the piper. Today I'll probably clear some junk off the layout extension and set some track down to start working out a track plan that will let a train come off the main part of the layout onto the extension, go behind the //e computer then curve around the south (left) side of it then cross in front of it then curve back onto the main part of the layout. That's IF I decide to get off my butt and do it. I just got a little chuckle thinking about a small outdoor theater on top of the //e with the little folks facing the monitor screen while Ezra Johnson is doing some barbequing off to one side. The screen is around 110 scale feet wide. They should be able to clearly see John Wayne's whisker stubble.

[Image: DSCN3711.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3691.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6054.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-17-2014

Hello Blue
Cloudy and 29 degrees.
We just cleared 2 inches of fresh snow off the driveway and walks.
No train news today but a busy toy train weekend coming up.
S.J.

Good night all. Yanks, stay dry and warm. We are in for some cold air down here. Sleep tight.