The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 02-07-2014

Good evening all.

Snow and snow and more snow on the way Icon_lol

City is claiming they used all the budget for pot-holes on extra salt which they did not use in a timely manor for the last storm, so we have snow/ice covered roads with big pot-holes hiding underneath, oh and there are several water main brakes adding to the situation......but we have power and heat.

Been too busy digging out sidewalks, drive ways and vehicles last few days.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 02-07-2014

I bought rail tickets to Toronto for Sunday. Weather prediction varies but looks snowy. We have a dinner to celebrate the Queen's accession and the Lieutenant-Governor will be the guest -- his last time in the post.
(Note: L-G is a non-political position; appointed; does the Queen's job when she's not in Ontario.)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-07-2014

Quote:Anybody got one of these taking up space in a closet, attic, basement or shed?

Apple //e Model A2S2128

FOUND ONE! And cheap too! I should have it in a couple of weeks, a month at the latest. That wipes out what little I was trying to save for a 100 to 140 diskette filer. Such is life.

Did some work on the Lobo drive that was given to me a couple of weeks back. I put in a write-protect override switch. Got a disk that has no write enable notch and don't want to chop a notch in it? No problem. Flip the switch from 'Protect' to 'Write' and as far as the drive is concerned there's a notch there and the disk can be used like any other disk. Just gotta remember to flip the switch back to 'Protect' when I'm done. I cleaned the read/write head while I had the drive opened up.

Only work I did on the layout was to move things around so I could find the tools I needed to work on the disk drive. I did work on a loco. One of the GP40's that got knocked over had part of one handrail knocked out. I took the time to apply a little CA and put it back in place.

Looks like it's time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

Now that's a BIG wrench!
[Image: DSCN3698.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3662.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6073-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-08-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have a cloudy +7 degrees this morning.
Only news of the day is our club meet tonight.
Oh yea and a little more snow this evening.. Oh joy
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-08-2014

Good morning. It's 35° with 100% humidity. The high will be 59° with heavy cloud. Less cloudy later.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] this morning. Partly cloudy later.

Above freezing this morning but that's about all the good I can say for it. Under 45° the remnants of the bones below my right knee ache and it gets worse the lower the temps get. Today it's just a dull ache.

No plans for today but you know how that goes. Something that needs doing will find me or I'll work on something to pass the time.

[Image: DSCN3560.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-08-2014

Morning all. Cloudy and chilly. Wifey's Nephew's B'day and pig picking this evening [I'm sure moonshine too]. Off to the store and the Train Box later.

You Yanks are trying to set the most snow for one year record.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-08-2014

Afternoon all been going thru things here at the house to go to our favorite thrift store ( one that supports children with cancer) got the back seat of the truck packed tomorrow morning will start filling the bed as don't want to leave the stuff out to the elements seeing we have Ferro cats out there lol It would probably smell real great by morning lol. I have to dig out 2 carpets and a table from under the train table probably will do that tonight and set on the train table so can get to easy in the morning.

Not much else going on still have a lot more to go thru but probably make another trip some time later in the next week or so. My first day of retirement and I have already put my self to work lol knew I could keep my self busy. Icon_lol

Hope all having a good weekend will talk toy you all later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - yellowlynn - 02-08-2014

RTR, you've got a long way to go and lots to learn about retirement. (1) You will work more, harder, and longer than you did before. (2) Who is going to give you a day off? (3) How much vacation time do you get? (4) No overtime pay. (5) Do you HONESTLY believe your wife will put up with you 24/7 ?

By the time you answer those, I'm sure Don and several others will have more. 219 HA! Cheers HA!

Lynn

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-08-2014

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 10 degrees this evening dropping to an overnight low of -1. We picked up about an inch of snow today, most of it early this morning just as we were hitting the road for Council Bluffs. Travel was a little slow at first (about 40 mph) but the farther west we went the clearer the roads were.

Had a really good time at the train show, meeting up with old friends and helping another friend get back into the hobby after a long absence. I picked up a few treasures and some supplies. I found a HO scale Ma & Pa 4 wheel bobber with KD's and metal wheels for $5. Also picked up a couple of old time passenger cars for the outdoor layout. Once I fix the track I'll be able to run the Bachman 4-4-2 again. It picked up a habit of falling off the track in one spot. It looked almost like the guy on the tricycle in Laugh-In where he would just tip over on his side. I think the problem is that the inner rail on the curve is slightly higher than the outer rail. In the spring I'll take out a short chunk of the inner rail and see if that helps.

No major plans for tomorrow other than resting. Round trip was 6 hours in the car and five hours walking around the train show.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-08-2014

yellowlynn Wrote:RTR, you've got a long way to go and lots to learn about retirement. (1) You will work more, harder, and longer than you did before. Yeah I know all that but that's why I find things for her to do while I'm doing things I know have to be done. (2) Who is going to give you a day off?As for day off she will as I will have her wanting a day off (3) How much vacation time do you get? Vacation never really have had one as anytime I was off we were doing something so that's not a problem. (4) No overtime pay.OT pay what's that. (5) Do you HONESTLY believe your wife will put up with you 24/7 ? No she won't she will be looking for places to hide

By the time you answer those, I'm sure Don and several others will have more. 219 HA! Cheers HA!

Lynn

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-08-2014

Only one project today. The cooling fan on my //e blew out in a shower of sparks early this afternoon. With some work, some hot glue and a fan from an old printer it's back in service. Here's photo of after the donor fan was installed.
[Image: DSCN6422.jpg]

No layout work. Just didn't feel up to it today.

[Image: DSCN3516.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-09-2014

yellowlynn Wrote:RTR, you've got a long way to go and lots to learn about retirement. (1) You will work more, harder, and longer than you did before. (2) Who is going to give you a day off? (3) How much vacation time do you get? (4) No overtime pay. (5) Do you HONESTLY believe your wife will put up with you 24/7 ?

Lynn

Lynn, you've said it very well. Sometimes you wish you could go back to work so that you can have some time off. Icon_lol You have so many thing that you can do, just that you run out of steam about the time you decide which one you chose to do. :? When you do start to do something, count on it taking about four times as long as it used to. :o If you got paid for every hour you spent in a doctor's office, the ER or waiting to get an X-ray, CAT scan, MRI or blood test, you would be rich beyond dreams. Since you wind up paying for all that, you're headed to the poor house instead. :o

Retirement is not for the faint of heart... Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-09-2014

ezdays Wrote:Retirement is not for the faint of heart... Nope
AMEN!

Good morning. It's 51° with 100% humidity and patchy fog. The high will be 65° and cloudy and feel like 68°. A chance of rain tonight and continuing through Wednesday.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg]

No plans for today but I'm sure something will turn up. One thing I need to do is put a quart of tranny fluid in the van. It's starting to slip again, it's way of telling me "Hey stupid! I need oil!".

[Image: DSCN3471.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-09-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have more !@#$%snow falling, looks like a couple inches at least.
The temp is 16 degrees.
I would rather be young again than old and retired. Somehow when I dreamed of retirement, old didn't factor into my daydreams.
However this is RTs big moment and I wish him many happy years.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-09-2014

Morning. Cloudy and chilly. Suppose to reach 56 today. Lazy day. Train Box this afternoon. Yanks in for another round of snow. Eek Feel sorry for them. We might get some middle of the week. Global warming I guess.

Have a great week.