The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - model-a - 02-10-2014

Thanks guy's ya'll look like you fun on here.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-10-2014

After hefting those heavy computers around last night and early this morning I was feeling pretty stiff this morning. Even after napping a couple of hours I'm still aching. It's been raining here all day and shows no sign of stopping. Forecast says something about freezing rain tonight and in the morning then again tomorrow night with an 80% chance of rain throughout. Oh joy. So much for getting anything done outside.

Night all just took a pain pill for the hip the weather aint helping this hip so off I go sleepy talk to ya'll later. Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-10-2014

It's 33° here at this time and still raining. Weather guesser says low of 32° with light freezing rain tonight. So far I see no evidence of water getting into my trailer anyplace.

I've done a lot of nothing today due partly to the fact that it's Monday but mostly due to that I've been in quite a bit of pain all day and nothing I do seems to be helping.

The //e has been running all day and the power supply is only slightly over 72°. Room temp is 69° so that's pretty good.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow if something doesn't whack out the power or cable.

[Image: P6040422.jpg]

Well back up dam hip won't take a break that's two pain pills hope you feel better Bear,

Chris,

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-11-2014

KRM Wrote:Hi there Blue.
Today I just got done pulling one of the stupids out of a drift in their driveway with the tractor two places down. A case of toooo fast for conditions. Nope How do you spell Idiot ??? Lowler!!! Glad I got my chain put on the JD Saturday. 8-)
Be good guys!
Not stupid. He'd just left the Office. Cheers

They don't know what kind of weather Model A [I know his town] and I will get. Just frozen. Snow I hope.

Sleep tight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 02-11-2014

Good morning all,

Just a quick post then off to bed so I can do another second shift Today, then the rest of the week is train time 2285_

It has been so cold here lately I could have sworn that I saw an Alaska loco at the CSX yard(actually I did and did a double take it was at the Parsons yard here in Columbus Ohio) no picture. By middle of next week we are supposed to see temps in the 60's here Icon_lol Some one is going to get flooded by all the snow melting here.

Welcome Model A Welcome

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - model-a - 02-11-2014

Good morning ya'll if that's a word it is around here ya,ll have a good day and be safe I feel very welcome here thanks guy's Misngth

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-11-2014

Greetings, gang.

It's a balmy -17 outside my window this morning under clear skies. The forecast calls for a high of +15 for today with a gradual warming trend for the next few days. The National Weather Service is projecting a high of 38 by next Monday. We'll see how accurate they are.

I did get the GP-9 for the Backyard and Southern oiled up yesterday so it's all ready to go if it ever does warm up. Today I'm planning to get the old water pipe moved. We had the plumbers leave one section for My Fair Lady to hang clothes on. She wants it moved so I guess I'll be doing that.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-11-2014

model-a Wrote:Good morning ya'll if that's a word it is around here ya,ll have a good day and be safe I feel very welcome here thanks guy's Misngth
It isn't as far as I know. Not even listed in Webster's. Y'all on the other hand is well documented. Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-11-2014

Good morning...ya'll. Yeah, I did live in Houston for a year a long time ago, but I've never forgotten the, "ya'll come back now". Goldth But, for what it's worth, I did lose my New Jersey accent many years ago, so I'm not sure if I'm still a Yankee or not. What say you Chief????? Are Texas and Arizona north, south or neutral? Big Grin

The TV weather lady is saying that this will be our last day of 70 degree weather for a while. Fear not, we're looking at record high 80's for Thursday through Sunday. Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-11-2014

Good morning. It's 30° with 100% humidity. Cloudy with freezing rain. The high will be 32°.
[Image: cond80.jpg]

This morning is cold with periods of freezing rain. Maybe later we'll get some rain that doesn't freeze as soon as it hits the ground. Either way I'm not going out there unless I have to. I have no idea what I'll be doing today. Maybe I can lower the DVD racks in my room so I can get to them more easily. Right now I can reach about halfway to the tops of them.

[Image: P5270362.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-11-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have 10 degrees and cloudy skies.
No new snow in 2 days..Wow
My plan for today is to do some work on my layout as some electrical upgrades to the house has put things in quite a mess.
I just can't get motivated.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-11-2014

Morning all. Chilly and cloudy. No precip as of yet.

Going to fill some gas "cans" and have them ready for generator. We didn't have natural gas when I first got this generator. Runs under shelter and feeds back to house. Got high efficiency natural gas furnace and all I need is 110 to run the fan. Actually generator will run house except A/C. Only problem is have to shut it down every 8 hours and refuel.

Hope we get snow and not ice.

Everyone have a good one.

Had the Continental breakfast this morning. Salami and cheese on Ritz crackers.

I've looked at the DVD racks and it looks like I'll need to lower them at least nine inches. I also need to cut some lugs off the bottom of them to make them safer. The lugs are there because the two racks were made to connect together to make one four foot tall rack.

Possibly going into town later if the weather permits to try again for a vehicle inspection. Might get some gas too.