The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-22-2014

The snow was advertized as pick up only.
The offer is good while supply last. (probably May Day)
Buyer can take all they want, there is a plentiful supply as it has been our 3rd snowiest winter on record.
Along with one of the coldest.
RT thanks for handling the details.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-22-2014

sir james Wrote:The snow was advertized as pick up only.
The offer is good while supply last. (probably May Day)
Buyer can take all they want, there is a plentiful supply as it has been our 3rd snowiest winter on record.
Along with one of the coldest.
RT thanks for handling the details.
S.J.

My offer to purchase still stands, as do my terms. Product must be delivered to our location and will be inspected for defects before payment is rendered. Feel free to hang around once you've delivered it, we're still running in the low 80's until next weekend when it looks like we'll have the first rain of the year. Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-22-2014

Sorry Don, it's pick-up only.
Boy that 80 degrees sure sounds good.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-22-2014

I see it's been somewhat quiet here. I've been a little busy today. I did some work outside. That mostly consisted of re-securing part of the steel skirting at the back of the trailer. It doesn't like to bend much.

I think I took care of the problem of the hot Apple power supply. This thing was just a metal box with a tiny hole at each top corner. Totally inadequate for ventilation. I took it apart then drilled seventy or eighty 1/8th inch holes in the casing then put it back together. It should run cooler now. I'll test it when I have a few hours to rub together.

Sometime today I got a two inch long cut on my shin. Left one of course as it's the only shin I have. Most likely got that outside while working on the back of trailer. I never felt it, don't even feel it now. It's not bad. Looks worse than it is.

Looking like I'll have to get a new remote for my satellite receiver. It's only working properly a bit more than half the time. Guess I should let Dish Network know so they can send me a new one.

Well that's it for today. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P5020300.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3262.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - model-a - 02-23-2014

Good morning all hope all are well and safe ready for the big race today did some walking today up the street hip is doing fine thanks for asking Chief. not much going on here today just found out going to be a Grand parent number 4 oh well hoping for a boy got three girls, as long as it's healthy ok guy's be around here later on. Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-23-2014

Good morning. It's 57° with 100% humidity. The high will be 72°. Clouds and rain.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with a [Image: cond50.jpg]

Looks like it's to be cloudy and wet today. That's OK. I didn't have any plans for outdoor activities anyway. I've yet to get the frame of the over-roof fixed. I still have to get the steel sheets and the screws I'll need to secure them. The screws have to have rubber washers. Even so I'll be putting a sealant compound under the heads of them so there's no chance of water getting in around them. Plus the screws will be going through the top of the corrugations so that's more insurance. Lots of work that's yet to be done.

[Image: DSCN1030.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-23-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have a cloudy 24 this morning. Looks like that will be the forecast all week.
The big train show yesterday was ok but not many private sellers, a lot of dealers and Mfg's though.
But with a $5.00 parking fee and $11.00 to get in, overpriced would be my thoughts.
Yea if this show ever came back and the guys were going I would too. We did see quite a few of our train friends there.
Still have plenty of snow, now free, you haul it away.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-23-2014

Morning. Been lazy this AM. Sunny and real warm. Turning cold this weekend. BURRR again

Sir J, you got robbed before getting in the place. Stand your grounds on snow delivery. Pickup only.

ModelA, congrats on the future Gkid.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-23-2014

sir james Wrote:Good Morning Blue
We have a cloudy 24 this morning. Looks like that will be the forecast all week.
The big train show yesterday was ok but not many private sellers, a lot of dealers and Mfg's though.
But with a $5.00 parking fee and $11.00 to get in, overpriced would be my thoughts.
Yea if this show ever came back and the guys were going I would too. We did see quite a few of our train friends there.
Still have plenty of snow, now free, you haul it away.
S.J.

No can do, there's an obscure law that prohibits anyone from Arizona going anywhere to pick up snow to bring back into the state. There is a loophole in the law though that does not say that it can't be delivered. Therefore, under the law, my hands are tied and you need to deliver this product or we can't deal. I will make one concession though, since we are going to be in the 80's for the next week or so, I will allow a 5% water content of the product as delivered. In this case, haste does not make waste. Smile

As for shows, as the Chief says, that has to be a rip-off. I stopped going to these "swap meets" a while back. I just got tired of looking at the same stuff by the same dealers, and at retail prices or greater. We do have free parking and admission is normally around $5, but it's easy to burn up $15 in gas just to get there and back.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-23-2014

Yea I agree the show was overpriced but this was not a run of the mill kind of show. Mfgs. and dealers were there, Lionel MTH Bachmann Ross lots of small companys, some of the name brand H O companys, S ga companys, ect.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-23-2014

Didn't do much today. Tore down two disk drives for cleaning and inspection. They hadn't been used in a long time and like our locos the lube dries up, metal tarnishes or corrodes and strange things happen to solder joints. These were in good shape and only needed to be lubed a little. Next order of business was to clean up a computer case. It had a yellow mottling from age. It's only thirty years old. A bit of sanding and it looks much better.

Had rain falling off and on throughout the day and about the last thing I was going to was go outside. As it turned out I didn't even touch the door handle.

Played a couple of games of Starfleet1 to pass the time. Won them both. Finished up the last game just before I started working on this post.

That's it for today. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN1009.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3236.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-24-2014

sir james Wrote:Yea I agree the show was overpriced but this was not a run of the mill kind of show. Mfgs. and dealers were there, Lionel MTH Bachmann Ross lots of small companys, some of the name brand H O companys, S ga companys, ect.
S.J.

Our local shows are usually held in a church hall or a gym somewhere. Dealers and individuals and if you're lucky, some group might bring a small layout.

A few years back, one of the national shows came to town advertising "up to 400 booths", "many manufacturers" and "lots of layouts"... I think admission was like $10, parking was free. I went there with Woodone, an one must remember that "up to", can mean as low as one or two. Well, there were probably 30 or 40 booths, there might have been a few manufactures there, but none of the major ones like Atlas or Bachmann like you would expect. That, plus there were layouts, but very few. To top it all off, they held it in the middle of the summer (110° or better) :o and they wonder why they had a poor turnout. They haven't been back since. 35

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-24-2014

Kev: Hope the left hand doesn't find out what the right hand is doing or the left hand could be sleeping in the doghouse.

Good morning. It's 52° with 79% humidity. The high will be 62°.
[Image: cond001.gif]

No plans set in stone. I'll just take whatever comes up. I may get lost while hopping galaxies in Starfleet1.

[Image: P4230172.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-24-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have overcast skies and 19 degrees. About the same for all week.
Nothing planned for today so I will just be lazy.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-24-2014

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 10 degrees this morning with snow on the way. The National Weather Service, with it's usual accuracy, is predicting anywhere from 1 to 5 inches.

Went to breakfast and did some shopping with My Fair Lady this morning. Not moving for the rest of the day. Picked up a cold and not feeling well today. Picked up some cold medicine so we'll see if that helps.

All stay safe.

Tom