The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 02-28-2014

Good evening all,

Been troublesome news all day today here, everything down town was shut down due to power outage caused by an underground "vault" that had exploded, the theory is that the water main brakes plus salt and whatever else is in the city's ice melting arsenal made a gas that was ignited by a short in the vault that housed some electrical equipment for the down town area, the short is from where a nearby water main had broke and water corroded the equipment.

Then the weather people are calling for 10 inches of snow on Monday and my work schedule is for only one day next week not sure what is up with that.

Oh and we have some monstrous sized pot holes every where.

well everyone have a good week end, time for me to do some pre spring cleaning

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-28-2014

Time to wrap things up here and call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN0949.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-01-2014

Good morning. It's 59° with 100% humidity. It'll be cloudy with a high of 75°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg]

No plans for today. I may work on clearing some of the clutter off the layout later.

[Image: P4200142.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-01-2014

Sumpter250 Wrote:I'm at my daughter's house, "dog sitting" while she and her husband are on the vacation trip to NYC, that he won. things are a bit different with high speed internet !!!
This laptop view screen, even though smaller than the terminal of my home computer, has a much sharper appearance. I think I will en joy high speed once I get it installed at home. Pictures load so much quicker! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Good to see you have the hi-speed internet experience, you can download a 5 MB program before you can click on "OK". Thumbsup My provider has been slowly upping my speed without telling me Worship .... Oh, on the other hand, they're also upping my cost without asking as well. Wallbang No, they never gave me the option of not taking a slower access speed, they just did what they wanted to do. Curse

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-01-2014

Good Morning Blue
HAPPY MARCH 1st.
It's 21 degrees with lite snow just like a Christmas Eve.
I have gotten lazy again with no work done in the layout room, gotta get motivated.
Evening chat as usual but no toy train news.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-01-2014

And a good Saturday morning to you all. Well, they were right, it did rain last night and they expect it to rain all day today and tomorrow. The last time it rained here was on Dec. 20. Typical of around there though, no one plans on rain, anytime, so this weekend, the rain is going to screw up a lot of activity including some 17 Spring Training games, a major NASCAR race, a Renaissance festival, the Phoenix marathon plus a few others including the Great Arizona Beer Festival in Tempe. I think that I can live with any of these being disrupted except for the beer festival. :o I hope they get some tents or find a place inside to hold this. Cheers To cancel it would be devastating. Icon_lol

We are still down about 2" for the year, so no matter who or what is screwed up because of this, we need the rain. Worship

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-01-2014

Performed all the diagnostic tests on //e #6 and it's certified 100% operational. Enough about that. I downloaded a new pinball game this morning. Scored five million points my first time out. Went on Ebay and bought two NIB Bachmann locos (GP7 and GP9) for less than one non-sound GP7 on the Bachmann site. Couldn't pass that up. So much for my fun money for the next couple months. Gotta tighten my belt.

Test ran my Bachmann GP7's today to be sure there wasn't anything broken in the drives. I had to give their wheels a good cleaning first as they were tarnished from sitting idle so long. I had to use alligator leads to route power directly to the pickup pads on the light boards so I could clean the wheels with an alcohol (91%) soaked paper towel. In that I had to be careful. It isn't fun when there's a spark while you're holding that alcohol soaked paper towel. On the other hand it'll put some excitement into your life! Now they run very well and the decoders (DZ125's) still had their programming intact and still set to address 116.

[Image: 116.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 03-01-2014

Running Bear Wrote:Scored five million points my first time out. Went on Ebay and bought two NIB Bachmann locos (GP7 and GP9) for less than one non-sound GP7 on the Bachmann site.
How many million points for a loco?

BR60103 Wrote:
Running Bear Wrote:Scored five million points my first time out. Went on Ebay and bought two NIB Bachmann locos (GP7 and GP9) for less than one non-sound GP7 on the Bachmann site.
How many million points for a loco?
I wish! I'd never have to buy any of them. One thing about being disabled. I have plenty of time.

Well today was a little busy. I put my Bachmann GP7's on the layout run a short run to see if anything was broken in the drives. The wheels were so tarnished they were completely insulated from the rails. After a good wheel cleaning I tried them again and they run just fantastic. In maybe a week I'll be receiving a new Bachmann GP7 and a new Bachmann GP9. I got the two of them for a great price that I couldn't pass up. I already have Digitrax decoders for them so that's one thing I don't have to worry about.

Now I know I said no more computer photos but I got outvoted on that several dozen to one, on forums and by email. So the computer photos remain. There just won't be as many.

A shot inside one of the 2128's. You can clearly see who it belongs to. That really was a name used for a software outlet I had back many years ago, around the time Apple pulled the plug on the II series.

[Image: DSCN3313.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 03-02-2014

Good morning all,

It is march 3 here and time just keeps marching on Icon_lol

New toon maybe in the morning it should crack a smile at least with the weather we have had so far this year.

Off to play a game called Free Orion(a free ware game similar to MOO(Masters of Orion)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-02-2014

Good morning folks, kind of a wet dreary morning here. We did have a nice rain on and off yesterday. They did get to play some of their Spring Training games, but they had to stop the NASCAR race with 32 laps to go due to the rain. The marathon and some other activities went on as scheduled, but I'm not sure about the beer festival. Nope There was a time I would be deeply interested in anything about beer. In one class I attended in school we had to write a research paper on something. Mine was on beer. 2285_

Anyway, we still have a chance of rain today, but by the middle of the week, we'll be back into the 80's. No records though since the record for those days are all in the mid to high 90's, and it's a bit too early to start that. Still, the earliest occurrence of 100° was on March 26 back in 1988 so it could happen.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-02-2014

Greetings, gang.

-11 and sunny going to -2 and sunny later today. Wind chill is -30. New record set this morning. Previous record was -7 back in 1962. Tomorrow's low is supposed to be -20. Not a good way to start March.

Should see a very rapid warming trend next Monday and Tuesday. That's when we head to Texas to visit our son. Hopefully by the time we return, there will be some early signs of spring.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-02-2014

Good Morning Blue
It's a cloudy 9 degrees this morning.
We were blessed with another 4+ inches of snow overnight.
I just got in from cleaning the walk/driveway AGAIN. Wallbang
I guess this winter is not going to give up.
No plans for today, guess I'll just be lazy.
S.J.