The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-02-2014

Good morning. It's a balmy 65° with 100% humidity and patchy fog. Very cloudy today with a small chance of rain and a high of 75°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with a [Image: cond20.jpg].

Not much on the schedule today. I might do a bit of work on the layout or at least on the small part that I can see.

I'm pretty tired today. Between my back and the burglar alarm the neighbors call their dog I got between two and three hours of sleep.

Looks like it's gonna be on the wet side tonight. Weather guessers are hootin' and hollerin' about a big front coming from the west.

[Image: DSCN3331.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 03-02-2014

AF350 Wrote:Good morning all,

It is march 3 here and time just keeps marching on Icon_lol

New toon maybe in the morning it should crack a smile at least with the weather we have had so far this year.

Off to play a game called Free Orion(a free ware game similar to MOO(Masters of Orion)

ooops it is 3/2/2014 not 3/3/2014 Misngth :?

Still working on a cartoon for this weekend.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-02-2014

Home again from Bass Pro Shops. Might get some icy stuff [mainly sleet] tomorrow PM. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-02-2014

Today I changed out the couplers on one of the GP7's. They were both bent/twisted when the tree hit my trailer. Getting old Kadee #5's off was easy. Putting the new Kadee #118's, that was a bit harder. Nothing to do with the couplers at all. It's was the confounding small screws Bachmann uses. With their small size and next to no feeling in my hands a ten minute job took almost forty-five minutes. But I finally got it done. Want to know what a fun thought I had was? I have two new Bachmann geeps on the way here. A GP7 and a GP9, and they'll both need Kadee couplers. Oh joy.

Well there was some outdoors work done today. David and I got some work done on the inside of the wall. Rather he did most of it. I held the outer wall back and handed him tools and hardware. He put in a few metal braces that are anchored to the studs and the inside wall. It took longer than I thought it would but it would've taken much longer if I was doing it. No roof work yet. the weather started turning nasty so we had to call it a day.

Speaking of the weather it's still nasty as I's typing this. I can hear the rain pouring down on the roof. Good news is I haven't spotted any leaks. But the nights young.

No computer news today. It's there sitting idle and that's all I'll say about that.

Well I can hear another nasty thunder boomer coming from the west so it's time I call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN3180.jpg]

Good evening all,

snow and more snow on the way for Monday.

Only have one day scheduled for next week kinda worried about that but then again they canceled a few shifts due to work load and are still hiring hope I am not being phased out. Nope

Getting the itch to get some SCI-FI kits to add to my pile of stuff to do(Eagle 1 from space 1999) , repro of enterprise bridge and a Earth Alliance cruiser from B5.

The last comic strip I posted did not turn out as well as I had hoped(it is supposed to be two rotary snow plows undoing each others work). Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-03-2014

Good morning all. I do sympathize with you all that are still fighting snow storms. From what they say, the rain we had here this past weekend is headed up to the Midwest in the form of snow. Sorry about that. We did have one confirmed tornado touch down though, not a big one, around 65mph with minimal damage, but the fact that we had one at all is unusual. We have "dust devils" that cause more damage than this one did.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week. Big Grin

BTW, keep your eye out for a new photo contest that will be starting today. Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-03-2014

Greetings, gang.

Yet another brutally cold morning here in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Right now it is -11 after an overnight low of -13. It could have been worse, the NWS was predicting -20. High for today is supposed to be +8 with a gradual warming trend by the weekend.

My Fair Lady wants to run some errands this morning. After that will be a trip to the gym. The afternoon agenda has not been established,

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-03-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and +3 degrees.
No wind but it feels cold out there.
I have no big news this morning, Played some video golf and watched Columbo yesterday.
Not sure if today will be all that different. We will do some grocery shopping sometime this week.
A chat with some of the guys till bedtime.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-03-2014

sir james Wrote:Good Morning Blue
We have sun and +3 degrees.
No wind but it feels cold out there.
I have no big news this morning, Played some video golf and watched Columbo yesterday.
Not sure if today will be all that different. We will do some grocery shopping sometime this week.
A chat with some of the guys till bedtime.
S.J.

Where do you get to see "Columbo"? It isn't on any of our DirectTV channels. We have a few DVD's, but that's it. I would watch "Columbo" and the original "Mission Impossible" shows over and over if they were on any of the channels we get. Yeah, really old stuff, but in my opinion, a lot better than these "reality type" cop shows filled with violence that are on now.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 03-03-2014

A sneaky character, that Columbo...

You can "catch" him on Hulu.com

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-03-2014

Rainy afternoon all. 36 degrees. May get some sleet later. Deep freeze [for us] tonight. Slick tomorrow AM. Then warm next weekend. Hope it is in FL too as I will be there. Bass Pro Shops events are getting to be bummers. No attendance. Maybe too many BPS stores around here plus Cabela's, Gander Mountain and Academy Sports.

Read to the elementary kids this AM. Can ask some funny questions.

Lunch time.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-03-2014

Good afternoon. It's 31° with 100% humidity. Wind chill is 25°. The high is where it's at right now. Freezing rain and sleet expected tonight with low of 28°.

[Image: condmc-1.jpg] [Image: cond123.gif]

Slept in until 11am then spent a couple of hours looking through the closet for my weathering powders. Found them in a box under a stack of Apple clone disk drives. I'm going to need the powders soon. I have two new Bachmann locos coming and something shiny and new would look totally out of place on my layout and that I can't have. I have the decoders ready and waiting for them. Plug and play so no waiting or wiring.

Also did some work on my //e. Nothing major. Just notching the back of the cover so a joystick cord can pass through when I have one to plug into it.

[Image: Shiskabugs-05.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-03-2014

Still 33° but feels like 25°. It's been like that all day. Probably doesn't feel too bad in town but out here with the wind coming off the lake it's almost unbearable. Tonight will be 27° with a wind chill of 10°. I'm not going out there.

Didn't do much today. Still to cold and windy out there for me and I didn't feel like doing anything inside. So I surfed around on the net, played some pinball then wasted some time on the //e playing Lode Runner with keyboard controls. That was fun.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010139.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-04-2014

Morning all. Slippery out. Fine coat of ice/sleet/snow. Sunny so melting. Stay warm.