The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-04-2014

Good Morning Blue
Cloudy and 11 degrees.
A Hi of 20 today, 40 is suppose to be the norm.
One of the grandsons is sick so granny is gone till his older brother gets home from school.
I haven't been out much, don't like this winter weather, but news from the train store tells me I'm not missing anything.
Nice but short chat last night.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-04-2014

Good morning. It's 26° with 97% humidity. Wind chill is 19°, maybe a bit lower here by the lake. The high will be 35°. Freezing rain and sleet likely this morning then rain and maybe a small chance of freezing rain this afternoon.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond70.jpg]

No sleep last night due to my back and right knee cutting up. Maybe I can get some sleep sometime today. Being it's cold and wet there's little point in going outside. The layout is a disaster but will have to wait. I see no reason to work on it at this time. I don't even want to work on the computers today so that should give you an idea of how I'm feeling.

[Image: P1010055.jpg]

[Image: P1010065.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-04-2014

Good morning all. A sad day for the City of Phoenix yesterday. Two detectives were after this bad guy with warrants when they got into a gun battle. One detective didn't make it and the other is still in critical condition. A third detective took out the bad guy, but not in time. It's a pity that things have to be this way, but there's always someone that want's to make money the easy way, and yet, it's not that easy in the long run. Nope

The weather report is really confusing today.. well, most days. Temps are going to be in the high 70's to mid-80's, but today's readings has to be without meaning. The humidity for right now is listed at 98% (it should be raining, but it isn't), however, the forecast for a half-hour from now is 67%, and the max for the day is only suppose to be 49%. All of this is coming from the Weather Channel desktop app, so you figure it out, I surely can't. It makes you wonder just how much other data they screwed up. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 03-04-2014

Morning all
Ezdays I can understand your feelings it is a shame.
Not a lot going on here today. Hope all are doing well. Yellowlynn hang in there having worked at a V.A. hospital for last 6 years I've seen it all about and I did most of my delivering of meals to the community living center ( nursing home) I fully understand.
Talk to you all later not much to say this am

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-04-2014

KEV, so sorry. We have thawed out. Expecting more cold rain but NOT freezing. Just in case, highways have brine on them.

Well, all good and smart Yanks head South. Most to NC. Wise for Lionel. Wink 357

From CTT.

Received from Lionel LLC:

A MESSAGE FROM LIONEL SR. VICE PRESIDENT & GENERAL MANAGER HOWARD HITCHCOCK

CONCORD, NC (February 27, 2014) – Beginning early this summer, Lionel will begin to relocate its Customer Service Facility currently in Canfield, OH to Concord, NC. This decision moves us one step closer to our goal of operating the company from a central location. While this transition will be ongoing this summer through the end of the year, the Service Parts Department will be the first group to relocate to NC - followed closely by the repair and call center functions.

The move from Ohio will begin to take place in June with operations being fully restored at the Concord, NC location in August 2014.

We understand this move will briefly interrupt the Service Parts Department's operations and also impact the timing of repairs. Therefore, we encourage our customers to place any part orders no later than May 10th, 2014. Both warranty and non-warranty repairs will be accepted up to May 5th, 2014. Our Customer Service Call Center will remain open during the relocation period with minimal interruption in phone operations.

I want to personally thank the Ohio staff for their hard work and continued dedication to Lionel. We are indeed fortunate that many of them have chosen to make the move to North Carolina. Their expertise and knowledge will be invaluable in the coming months as there is a lot of work to be done to make this transition successful.

In the end, relocating the Customer Service Facility to North Carolina will allow Lionel to function more efficiently as an organization, more closely integrating engineering, production and service, which will ultimately benefit our customers and our products.

We appreciate your patience during this process.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-04-2014

Never did get any sleep today. I just haven't felt like sleeping. But I did get something accomplished today. Got the grocery shopping done and didn't have to drive there and back. I simply asked my father when he was going to do his. Well he wasn't going to do any but he and his wife wanted to go to Lowe's to check out some showers. Seems he's going to have the tub ripped out and a walk-in shower installed. In this town Wal-Mart and Lowe's are next to each other. I got enough to fill up the cabinets and the fridge. Stuff in the fridge/freezer is heavy on sandwich supplies (bread, salami, ham, olive loaf, mayo, ketchup, mustard, cheese), chicken (fried of course), Cajun sausage and chimichangas. There's plenty of chili in the kitchen cabinet along with rice and pasta dinners. Plenty of raw rice in the rice box/dispenser on the bookshelf in my room. Also picked up a bunch of cans of my favorite snack. Vienna sausages, in several flavors of course, the spicier the better. Made sure to top up the hot sauce supply too. I get several really hot types and mix up my own. My father has asked me on occasion why I need a soldering gun. All I gotta do is breath on the stuff and it'll melt. I just tell him I don't like showing off. [Image: ROTFLMAO.gif] Also picked up several cans of starter fluid for the van. In cold weather like we've been having it really likes that stuff.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-05-2014

Morning. Cloudy and chilly but no "precip". Hope all up North are not getting more. Not much on the agenda today. A few Town calls.

KEV, you had a bad day and sorry your HVAC in shop was having problems. Lighten up or you will have a heart attack. Enjoy a joke. Actually I feel sorry for folks [North or South, East or West] that their company up and moves.

All have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-05-2014

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 18 degrees this morning headed for a high of about 27.

Looks to be another quiet day today. Just getting things ready for for our trip to Texas.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-05-2014

Good morning. It's 34° with 100% humidity. The high will be 50°, cloudy with a small chance of rain.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with a [Image: cond20.jpg]

Assuming I'm reading the tracking info properly my GP7 and GP9 should be here today. I have the couplers, decoders,weathering powder and clear matte spray ready.

Other than that I have nothing going on today.

[Image: P1010064.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-05-2014

Good Morning Blue
And for the working folk Happy Hump Day
We have sun and 18 degrees
I agree, Lionels move is not central to any of their operations. Must be a labor cost issue.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-05-2014

Good morning all, and yes, it's another Hump Day. Time flies when you're having fun, but it flies even faster as you age. :cry:

Temps in that 80's again starting today. No more rain in the forecast, but we'll take what we were given these past few days. We had about 1.25", the first since Dec. 20th. We're still behind, but much better than we were.

Today is Ash Wednesday, making yesterday either "Fat Tuesday", "Shrove Tuesday", or "Pancake Day", depending on who you're talking to. :? I guess Mardi Gras went off as it usually does in spite of the weather there. We love New Orleans, but it's been a long time since we've been there, and never during Mardi Gras time. It would be on my list of things to do, if I had such a list, but I don't.... Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-05-2014

The GP7 arrived today. The GP9 is still out there somewhere. What was a nice shiny UP 114 is now rusty, weary L&A 2014.

[Image: DSCN3345.jpg]

As I reported earlier the Bachmann GP7 arrived today. I applied some homemade number boards, painted,rusted and weathered the shell, changed out the cheap couplers with Kadee 148 Whisker couplers, removed the Bachmann decoder and put in a Digitrax DZ125 decoder. Doing that last wasn't without it's issues. I quickly discovered the 8-pin plug of the DZ125 stands too high and won't allow the shell to seat properly. So I cut the plug off the decoder, cutting the wires right at the pins then did the exact opposite with the Bachmann 8-pin plug, cutting the wires right at the decoder then spliced that plugs wires to the DZ125's wires. I now had a DZ125 that had a plug that would allow the shell to seat. The hardest part was soldering the wires together and that wasn't a problem. I put the loco on the program track and it checked out OK.

I don't have the GP9 yet. It only made it to the Leesville PO today so it's gonna be another day or two. The GP7 was sent USPS snail mail and the GP9 was sent FedEx Smartpost which is supposedly faster. They were shipped the same day and we see which one got here first don't we?

It's raining here, has been since early afternoon. It's 43 at this time and there's a fair chance it's gonna rain most of the night. The low is supposed to be 38. Tomorrow will be near 60, much warmer than it's been lately.

I copied Pacman (some of y'all might remember that game) from one of my SD cards to a floppy disk but had a problem getting the program to load. Kept getting an I/O Error. I verified the integrity of the disk and it checked out 100% good. Turned out the DOS on the disk was clobbered. That was an easy fix. I simply copied the DOS from one of my system disks to the disk with the problem and that fixed it. I played several games of Pacman using the keyboard controls. I HAVE GOT TO GET A JOYSTICK! More important things to do first.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010097.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-06-2014

Morning all. Windy, cold and sunny. Might have a chance of frozen precip tonight. Slight chance with no accumulation. Off to FL. tomorrow until Sunday night late. Stuffed up with a cold. Will visit Dr. today for meds.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 03-06-2014

KRM Wrote:
Chief Eagles Wrote:Beginning early this summer, Lionel will begin to relocate its Customer Service Facility currently in Canfield, OH to Concord, NC. This decision moves us one step closer to our goal of operating the company from a central locatioThis decision moves us one step closer to our goal of operating the company from a central location. n. .

'This decision moves us one step closer to our goal of operating the company from a """central location."" ???? and one step further from any real assumption of the out lay of the real world let alone their sales base. And on top of that most Americans / customers won't be able to understand what the Customer Service people are saying. They don't speak English in NC. + All your Ohio boys over there will be leaving you ranks now. 357 Their Customer Service Facility currently sucks, and cheaper help won't bring it around but Lionel has a long history of making bad moves, this will be one more in a long list. Won't be long and they will outsourced it to India or China. 357 They must think they are a mini Microsoft. Nope Another dumb move by a guy with an MBA, killing the US for a few $$$$$ . Wallbang

Even a jackass would not believe that NC is any sort of central Location in today's world,,,to anything. Nope BTW

JMHO Wink

You know kevin you forgot to read the most important line in the whole statement

chief Eagles Wrote:" "I want to personally thank the Ohio staff for their hard work and continued dedication to Lionel. We are indeed fortunate that many of them have chosen to make the move to North Carolina. Their expertise and knowledge will be invaluable in the coming months as there is a lot of work to be done to make this transition successful. "

The bottom line thou is kevin doesn't matter where they are if its in ohio, San Francisco, New Orleans or Portland, Maine . I believe there move is to save the thousands of dollars in taxes and all not in payroll as from what I have seen as a whole payroll isn't that much different between the north and the south now east and west yes compare new York city to LA and I bet its higher payroll for same job as it is in NYC

JMHO

Morning all not a lot planned for today mainly doing some rearranging of stuff in the house ( IE move a computer from one room to another ) move some furniture around.