The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-14-2014

Good morning. It's 40° with 97° humidity. The high will be 65° with some clouds.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

As I said it's 40° according to the weather service. One of my neighbors has already told me it got much colder than that on the lake side of her home, it was 31°. I believe that as there's ice on my vans windshield.

Today I feel like crap! My blood sugar last night was 135 so I took my usual 100 unit injection to get it down. Haven't had anything to eat since yesterday afternoon after I got home or drink with the exception of water. Blood sugar should have been down this morning. Wrong! Checked it this morning and it's 296! WTH! Also my temp is up. 100.6 when I checked it a little while ago. My concentration is off and I'm having trouble focusing on any one thing. Just getting this post written is taking a long time. I'm keeping spell check very busy! I think I'll go back to bed. First a shot to try getting this level down.

[Image: P1010400.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-14-2014

Greetings, gang.

50 and partly cloudy this morning in the deep south. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 60s.

RB - hope you are felling better soon.

My Fair Lady finished sewing for the granddaughter yesterday so today it's off to shopping. Kids/grandkids still in school/work so we have one free day before lots of planned family activities. First up will be a Renaissance Fair either tomorrow or Sunday, depending on the weather. One day we'll hit the firing range. Another day will be a tour of underground downtown Houston. Other activities still to be determined. Right now My Fair Lady is working on supper for tonight. Menu will be loaded hamburgers, potato salad, and deviled eggs.

All stay safe.

Tom

P.S. - almost forgot, happy Pi day, everyone

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-14-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 30 degrees
No more snow in the near forecast
That darn Arthur Itis is really hurting my foot today. He is not a good neighbor at all.
No big plans for the day, So I will just go with the flow.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-14-2014

Sunny and warming. Off to a lunch meeting. Then chores around the yard. Did you all see the 500# boar shot in NE NC? Big fellow.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.wral.com/edgecombe-hunter-bags-really-really-big-pig/13470160/">http://www.wral.com/edgecombe-hunter-ba ... /13470160/</a><!-- m -->
Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-14-2014

Good morning all. What can I say without it looking like bragging, but here we are at 9:30 in the morning and already it's shirtsleeve weather outside. It would be nice if this were to carry though to this coming summer.... fat chance of that happening.... Icon_lol

Just a reminder, we do have a "fifth anniversary photo challenge" going right now and so far we've seen little activity there. The rules are right here in this thread, while the posting thread is here.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-14-2014

I got some sleep and I feel a bit better. However my blood sugar has only gone down to 204. Seems my insulin resistance is really being resistant! Fever is still low grade.

Blood sugar is down to 186. Still high but a lot better than 296. I'm feeling somewhat better.

Got a package from Germany today. Inside were two fifty foot Accurail boxcars. One is a Missouri Pacific with subtle weathering. It's not shiny gloss but it doesn't have much rust either. The other is a Rail-box boxcar with a medium weathering job. Plenty of dirt and surface rust without being a rust bucket.

[Image: DSCN3436.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3437.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 03-14-2014

Good evening all.

here are some pics of latest train car an S scale/gauge B&O BOXCAR from MTH, looks great have not put it to the track test yet. My photography does not do the car any justice Icon_lol

Blood sugar is down to a reading of 124. That's good enough for me.

Time for me to call enough a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010405.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-15-2014

Good Saturday morning to you all. It's hard to believe that it's yet another weekend, the weeks seem to fly by, as most seniors will attest to. Going to be a nice day to go out target shooting, highs around 83 or 85 or even 87 depending on who you're listening to. Even the Weather Channel app has different forecasts on different pages. :? .. Confusing at best since they should all be getting their information from the same source, the National Weather Service. Oh well.... Icon_lol

Anyway, have a great weekend, and I hope you don't have to shovel too much snow... 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-15-2014

Good morning. It's 58° with 96% humidity. The high will be 70°. It will be cloudy with rain.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond50.jpg]

Blood sugar is down this morning. It's reading at 69. Gotta get that up. Fever is down to 99.

The fastener tape I ordered from Scotch came in yesterday. I've already tested it. They lock together just like headlock fasteners and should keep the computers cover on quite nicely. Velcro wishes it could hold as much as this stuff does. I'll be putting it on the computer today.

Other than that I have nothing planned except to get some rest. I'm still feeling a bit punchy from yesterday. At least I can think straight today.

[Image: P1010437.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-15-2014

Good Morning Blue
Gloomy and 37 this morning
No snow in the forecast. 53 and sun yesterday melted off all the new snow.
What is left is the old frozen snow.
No toy train news from here, so just checking in.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-15-2014

Morning all. Sunny and already in the 60's.

Sir J, way to go. Hope it melts a lot.

Kev, you won that one. I'll get even and get Mother Nature to give you some more snow. Don't mess with the Chief and Mother Nature [we're a team]. No, would not do that to you. You've had enough snow.

Have a great weekend.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-15-2014

Well I got the new Scotch fasteners in the computer case and they work fine. The gap between the case and the lid was too big for the tape to be laid flat. So I put down a small piece (about 5/16") then put a 2.5" piece over that. The tapes adhesive is very good but I've never been one to trust any adhesive long term with the humidity we have here. So I put two 4/40 screws in each of the long pieces. The photos below will give you a better idea of what I'm talking about.

Some day I'm going to type up my entire loco and rolling stock roster on one of these antiques. If I can find a compatible printer I could print it as well.

[Image: DSCN3441.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3446.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3447.jpg]

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010420.jpg]