The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 03-17-2014

CNWman Wrote:It's been a while, but I hope I can be a part of this community as I used to be years back when we were all part of the original The Gauge.
Welcome back!! Good to hear from you again!! Thumbsup Goldth Goldth

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-17-2014

CNWman Wrote:It's been a while, but I hope I can be a part of this community as I used to be years back when we were all part of the original The Gauge.

Welcome good sir, Cheers I do remember you and am glad you are coming back to our humble forums. Many of the memebers that you remember from the old place have found their way to here, as have many new ones.

Update us on what you've been up to these past four or five years. Welcome Welcome

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 03-17-2014

Did anyone catch 60 minutes last night? They had a story about the family who owns and operates the making of Tabasco sauce, it was very interesting.

Uneventful day at work today, go back for 2nd shift Tuesday and then I have the rest of the week to knock down the to do list at home.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-17-2014

I got a box in the mail today. It came from Colfax North Carolina. It had two rolls of an adhesive backed material in it. White on the facing side, gray on the adhesive side. I took it outside and applied half of it to the most badly damaged area and on a suspicious area of the bottom of the window that looks like it might have a split seam. I still have one roll left. I'll look for a place to apply it out there on a warmer day. Today there was a frigid 20mph wind coming off the lake and I was freezing my butt off out there.

Played a game of Starfleet1 on the //e this evening. I lost at the last moment. I needed 25 enemy ships, I had 24. I was lining up #25 for a torpedo shot when a cloaked ship showed up and they both hit me right then and blew my shields away and destroyed my ship! Boy, that sucked rotten eggs!

The low tonight will be 40 and it'll be mostly clear. The wind will shift from north to south after midnight.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010533.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3463.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-18-2014

Good morning. It's 39° with 98% humidity. The high will be 68° with bright sunshine.
[Image: condsunny-1.jpg]

I don't see a single cloud this morning. I do see that bright yellow disk that's making my video screen hard to see. The blinds are closed (as they always are) but the sunlight comes in through the gaps between the blinds.

I have nothing planned for today. I may do some light work outside later.

[Image: P1010536.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-18-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 25 degrees
Rain tomorrow they say
I survived St. Patrick's Day by not drinking
Oh in my younger days I had my share
A good chat with some of the guys last night
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-18-2014

Good morning all. it was a very mild St. D Paddy's Day for us, just some traditional corned beef, cabbage and potatoes. If it wasn't for that, and all the green on the TV announcing staff, you'd never know here that it was a day to celebrate. I couldn't even find my green shirt to wear, and my wife, who's Irish, didn't have a bit of green on either. Icon_lol Oh well, maybe next year. Goldth

As usual, temps are very pleasant, with highs in the 80's forecast for the next few weeks and probably have nowhere else to go but up since Spring is but a few days away.

Take care y'all.... Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-18-2014

Morning. Icy tree and bridges. Schools closed. Streets and highways OK. Warming later. Being lazy this AM since I had a long day yesterday and didn't get home until 9:30 PM.

AF350 Wrote:Did anyone catch 60 minutes last night? They had a story about the family who owns and operates the making of Tabasco sauce, it was very interesting.

Saw that. Grow those peppers myself [along with others]. Hot little fellows.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 03-18-2014

Evening all not a lot going on figured after buying and selling of so many trains during the past year I need to re-inventory everything and retake pics of all as a Lot is gone and a lot has come. So slowly I'm starting that chore. List piece by piece of like 11 complete train sets tonight, Next come all the individual Pieces. Then I have to come take the pics lol.

Bought some patches ( military ones) only received one and now the jerk won't respond but he's sure makes sure you know packed by disabled veterans ( I really wonder about that even) Curse

Well time for me to go chill

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-18-2014

Well I almost had a joystick for my //e today. I had a bid on one on Ebay for under $15 and it looked like I had it but somebody sniped me in last few seconds and I lost it. Oh well, another one will come along eventually.

Did some work on a loco today. A Rock Island FP7 had a loose connection in the DCC harness. Getting the shell off was ten times the work of the actual repair. I'd loosen the snap clip on one side then when I lifted the clip on the other side the one I'd just freed snapped back in place. It required me to put a screw under the one side then lift the other side so the chassis would slide out. The repair was simply soldering a wire back onto the 8-pin plug.

Sometime in the near future I have to open up my //e and vacuum out the dust that's starting to accumulate in it. Maybe tomorrow.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010540.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3313.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 03-18-2014

good morning all

2nd shift Tuesday went by pretty fast the temp was 46 by the time I got home.

Hope to get a chance this evening to mess with the 3D printer, need to turn in and get up early for an appointment the rest of the day is pretty much open.

Good night all.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-19-2014

Good morning. It's 57° with 100% humidity and patchy fog. The high will be 72°.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

This morning I put away the locos I was working on and I'm now making preparations for the next project. That will be to convert two re-powered Varney F3A's to DCC. The first part of that will be to hard wire the harnesses. At the beginning of the month I'll get a couple of suitable decoders.

Sometime today I'll open the //e and using the vac with a dust brush I'll get the dust out of it. That'll take a while but it needs to be done.

[Image: P1010548.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-19-2014

Good last day of Winter to you all. Yes, spring begins with the vernal equinox on March 20 at 12:57 P.M, which if you haven't noticed, is tomorrow. They'll still be playing Spring Training baseball until the end of next week, but I guess the first game of the season is being played in Sydney, Australia tomorrow between the Diamondbacks and the Dodgers. I guess I'm going to miss the games there since I forgot to make plane reservations. I don't thing they'll be televised either since there's a good 12 hours difference between here and there.

No weather to report, it gets boring after a while. Just wait until it heats up though.... Eek

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-19-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have lite rain and 39 warm degrees.
Well my train news for the day is that my friend has been suffering with shingles now has a kidney stone stuck in his urinary tract.
So no store news and I told him to stay inside so he doesn't get struck by lightning.
Enjoy Hump Day
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-19-2014

Well I made the dusty interior of the //e as dust free as I could using a small brush I normally use to clean my beard trimmer and a small Shop-Vac with a mini dust brush.

[Image: DSCN3470.jpg]

I then turned my attention to one of my re-powered Varney F3's. It has a blue box Athearn F7 chassis and is therefore a fairly easy install. Remove the motor, remove the contact tabs from the bottom of it then solder on the gray wire from the DCC harness. File the solder join flat, cover with a piece of electrical tape. Apply a strip of tape to the contact patch in the bottom of the motor well. Reinstall the motor. Solder orange wire to the top tab of the motor, red wire to contact arm of front truck, black wire to headlight clip, jumper wire to front and rear trucks. Organize the wires so they're not an unholy mess, just an organized mess.The 9-pin plug is over the rear flywheel awaiting a decoder. The decoder and a light or LED will have to wait until I can get such things, probably the end of the month.

[Image: DSCN3478.jpg]