The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 04-13-2014

ezdays Wrote:
Running Bear Wrote:Finally able to post a photo with this thing. Now I can't remember how I did it.

You probably selected, "img", then put the link to the photo in between, like this: "[img]link_to_photo_location[/img]"

Not that simple with this ASUS tablet. It has some kind of texr selection process that's a bear to use with photo tags. Add to that I'm working from Google Chrome which I've never been a fan of.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-13-2014

Running Bear Wrote:Not that simple with this ASUS tablet. It has some kind of texr selection process that's a bear to use with photo tags. Add to that I'm working from Google Chrome which I've never been a fan of.

Somehow, you managed to do just that and was able to get the tag correct with the embedded link.... Yeah, I know, gee, it worked, what did I just do to get it to do that Icon_lol ....
we've all been there. Wallbang

Still, you should be able to select the "img" tag using Chrome, then do a copy/past with you photo link...But then again, you're using a tablet and so all bets are off on the copy/paste thing.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 04-13-2014

Dinner tonight was lousy. It was something like mashed potatoes with ground beef mixed in. It was so bland it took two hits from Tony Chacheries creole seasoning to wake it up.

Lots of thunderstorms rumbling through tonight with lots of rain. Be back later.

Calling it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN6375.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 04-13-2014

RB...Good to see you're back..!!! I'm sure all here missed your absence...Take care of yourself...None of us is getting any younger...

Spent the better part of the day doing my tax return. Even had to go to an agency to straighten things out...First time I had to do that in all these years...

The up-side is I'll be getting a nice refund back.... (I hope...) 2285_

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - MadModeler - 04-14-2014

Steamtrains Wrote:RB...Good to see you're back..!!! I'm sure all here missed your absence...Take care of yourself...None of us is getting any younger...

Spent the better part of the day doing my tax return. Even had to go to an agency to straighten things out...First time I had to do that in all these years...

The up-side is I'll be getting a nice refund back.... (I hope...) 2285_

Going to an agency or getting my wife to do tax returns is the ONLY way I can do them. 35 The tax return may as well be written in ancient Egyptian. Wallbang

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-14-2014

Morning. Partly cloudy and showers later. Blood draw and that is about it for today. Finished lawn jockey and painted in his yellow scarf. Now goes to the side entrance at house. Now you can ride up and tie out your horse [if it is a Confederate horse].

[Image: ry%3D400]

Glad to see RB posting his photos.

Continued prayers for Tom's Wife.

Have a great week

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 04-14-2014

Good morning. 70 today with a 70% chance of rain. Breakfast today was actually good. I should be getting out of here this afternoon.

[Image: DSCN3180.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-14-2014

Good Morning Blue
Very windy this morning. The temp was 70 early but is on it's way down to 30 by overnight.
I have no real plans for the day so off I go to do nothing.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-14-2014

Good morning folks, it's been really windy and dry for the past few days. We were looking at 6% humidity the other day. With that and the wind, it makes for a lot of static light shows. Just come near something like another person, a light switch or door knob and you can draw an arc an inch long. It kind of puts a damper on any close relationships until the wind stops.

Going to have another decent day though, temps in the mid to high 80's. I've noticed some RV's pulling out of town now, the threat of 100 + degree days is enough to get them on the move. 2285_

They just announced that we will not only host the Super Bowl next year, but we will also be blessed by hosting the All-star game. :o The stadium is just about ten miles south of us, but fortunately, those folks that attend these games just don't migrate up our way since we don't have anywhere for them to park their corporate or private jets. If that sounds a bit snarky, it is suppose to.... Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 04-14-2014

Cool 60's and rain here with snow forecasted for the morning commute tomorrow.

No new items in the mail today Sad

Doing laundry as I am typing.

Helped dad hookup pacemaker checker, it is an antenna connected to a modem device that plugs into phone jack and sends vitals to a pre programmed phone number.

Starting a spring cleaning marathon(moving stuff from one pile to another basically).

Got boarded with my latest conquer the galaxy game Free Orion(free open source game)

#1 task for this afternoon is cleanup and organize the computer desk/area

not much else going on here.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 04-14-2014

Back home and online. We have some kind of bad weather here. Rain and 55°. Low tonight will be 38° and a 30% chance of rain.

Man! Am I glad to be out of that rehab hospital!. They didn't have any kind of internet service the patients could use. I had to piggy-back on a Wi-Fi carrier next door. Slow but it worked.

Oh yes, meant to tell you before. The TV remote I hacked out of pure boredom miraculously fixed itself last night. A tech was there this morning looking at it and declared it to be problem free. He still replaced it with a new one though.

Last night I set the alarm function on the tablet to wake me up at 5am this morning. The alarm tone was set on something labeled as class dismissed. Maybe I should have listened to it before setting it. At 5am this morning I had to peel myself off the ceiling while the nurses and half the hall were treated to a very loud digital recording of the chimes of Westminster (Big Ben). I couldn't turn it off fast enough! By the time I did half the nurses were coming through my door! For the rest of the day many of the other patients were humming the Westminster Chimes when I entered a room.

[Image: DSCN3365.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 04-14-2014

Great post Jeffrey, Glad you are home, and I got a chuckle out of the Big Ben story. Truth being, I would not have heard it even if I was awake. Goldth

Get better fast.
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 04-14-2014

We were up over room temperature today -- shirt sleeve weather. Tonight it's supposed to go down and be below freezing with snow. They threw a couple of major rains at us -- intense but short.

We'll probably miss the eclipse (2 am EST to 5:30).

In preparation to being discharged from the hospital today it was decided to fit outfit me with a throwaway wound vac. This is a device that sucks moisture out of a wound so it can heal properly. When it comes time to change it you simply take it off and throw it away. It looked nice, was very portable and didn't work at all. It would power up but the motor and pump did absolutely nothing. And it was the ONLY ONE in the ENTIRE hospital. So went poof to the plans to have it in operation for a week until Home Health could replace it with their own wound vac. So it was decided to apply a normal 'wet to dry' dressing that'll have to be changed every day or so until Home Health can bring out their wound vac. Looks like Murphy struck again!

Nothing much going on tonight. I'm watching some Mythbusters episodes that were automatically recorded by the DVR while I was trapped in the world of doctors, nurses and bandages. There's close to a dozen to go through.

While I was away somebody (sister) got me a second SD card reader/Apple II disk drive emulator. Didn't need a second one but it's a possible light-weight alternative for testing a rebuilt IIe. It weighs a mere 2.4 ounces (includes cable) compared to the twelve pounds of a disk drive and has no moving parts. It's an idea with merit.

The Apple Orchard:
[Image: DSCN3241.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6270.jpg]