The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 04-27-2014

I hope the best for you Lynn.

Well I got some sleep today. Trouble is I was passed out on the floor. I have no idea what happened. Near as I can tell it was for somewhere between two to three hours. I checked and I have no bruises, scrapes or cuts. At first I didn't even realize what had happened. I just got up and went about my business and it was at least a few minutes before I thought 'Hey, wait a minute, I was on the floor!'.

Only thing I accomplished today was making a new copy of one of my Starfleet1 disks as the old one was worn out and was kicking out errors. A 5.25 diskette has a service life of about forty hours of use.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 04-27-2014

Evening all
Prayers for you Lynn
Not a lot going on here. Guy on ebay selling a tmcc base and cab-1 controller but no plug adaptor the base unit his response you can get one at radio shack Had to inform him you need to have a 3 prong plug adaptor or it won't work right you need the ground. Supposedly tested it and all worked fine so if tested where is the plug lol.
Oh well
Jeffery you need to take it easy also taking automatic naps is not a good thing.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 04-27-2014

We went on a layout tour yesterday. We took it easy and only managed 4 or 5 -- the trip back from the far end was over 2 hours.
I was in one, looking at the stock, and realized that the coaches were Elora Gorge & Eastern, so I said he must know Doctorwayne. "Yes, I'm over here." So we had a good chat for a while. Forgot to check the layout for a GERN plant,

On the way back, we got stopped by a train. I grabbed Dayle's camera and took a couple of bad shots, then noticed that the chip wasn't in.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 04-27-2014

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: ce7e3912-0f6e-46d0-b97c-93bf3e62762d.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 04-27-2014

Good evening all.

Going to bed early today even though I work 2nd shift tomorrow. Will get up and get a hair cut(needed one a week ago)fuel up the truck and then drive the Trans Am to work.

Got a part to fix up an old MPC era train car, a 9025 DTI work caboose all I need to complete the car is a ladder hand rail assembly. MPC may not have been the best of Lionel's production but it is still part of the long history of the Lionel trains and the price was right Icon_lol I need to get the slide shoe rails for the atlas track I am using to get the lone ERIE FA Alco unit's coupler to work.

Work today got a bit tense the last 5min of the shift, up until then things were pretty smooth till a new hire kept pushing the rest button about every 5 seconds, his hopper had a jam which he did not clear. About the tenth time he pushed the button the boss lost it it is not proper to type the language used but everyone stopped to see who was messing up, after being told to fix the problem the new hire again pressed the button with out trying to clear the jam Icon_lol Eek so the boss sent a mechanic to go have a talk with that person. we got off 5min early we may be short handed tomorrow. Icon_lol I have only seen one person get fired from July last year till now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RB,

You may want to let the Doc know about passing out like that. I almost passed out once from drinking too much water and my sodium level bottomed out I got up off the chair and took one step and down I went to the floor. I was supposed to drink 64 Oz water for the whole day I did 64 Oz + in one sitting. The nutrion center I am going to told me to drink some bullion to bring the sodium level up and to not drink all my water at one time. Now I know why a lot of warehouse type places keep gatorade and salt tabs on hand when it is extremly hot out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will try to get some pics of new G train set and 6 new vintage vehicles 4 1:43 and 2 1:64 sized.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 04-27-2014

Good evening all.

Going to bed early today even though I work 2nd shift tomorrow. Will get up and get a hair cut(needed one a week ago)fuel up the truck and then drive the Trans Am to work.

Got a part to fix up an old MPC era train car, a 9025 DTI work caboose all I need to complete the car is a ladder hand rail assembly. MPC may not have been the best of Lionel's production but it is still part of the long history of the Lionel trains and the price was right Icon_lol I need to get the slide shoe rails for the atlas track I am using to get the lone ERIE FA Alco unit's coupler to work.

Work today got a bit tense the last 5min of the shift, up until then things were pretty smooth till a new hire kept pushing the rest button about every 5 seconds, his hopper had a jam which he did not clear. About the tenth time he pushed the button the boss lost it it is not proper to type the language used but everyone stopped to see who was messing up, after being told to fix the problem the new hire again pressed the button with out trying to clear the jam Icon_lol Eek so the boss sent a mechanic to go have a talk with that person. we got off 5min early we may be short handed tomorrow. Icon_lol I have only seen one person get fired from July last year till now.

RB,

You may want to let the Doc know about passing out like that. I almost passed out once from drinking too much water and my sodium level bottomed out I got up off the chair and took one step and down I went to the floor. I was supposed to drink 64 Oz water for the whole day I did 64 Oz + in one sitting. The nutrion center I am going to told me to drink some bullion to bring the sodium level up and to not drink all my water at one time. Now I know why a lot of warehouse type places keep gatorade and salt tabs on hand when it is extremly hot out.

Will try to get some pics of new G train set and 6 new vintage vehicles 4 1:43 and 2 1:64 sized.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-28-2014

Morning all. Quick passing through. Cloudy and possible Tstorms later. Meetings this afternoon and evening. Hope to go turkey hunting tomorrow and Wed. Rain [as usual] may stop me.

Hope all have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 04-28-2014

Good morning. It's 72° with 93% humidity. The high will be 88° with a fair chance of getting wet. Tornado watch in effect until noon.
[Image: cond006.gif][Image: cond60.jpg]

Yesterday was blustery weather. Today it looks like tornado weather or there's a city council meeting. Of the two I'll take the tornadoes.

The Home Health nurse will be coming today to change the wound vac dressing. It needs it.

Other than that I have no plans. Probably fire up Starfleet1 and save the Alliance from the Krellan and Zaldron Empires again.

[Image: DSCN3544.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-28-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun for a short time today then the rainy week will begin.
Temp is 48 now.
I spent yesterday getting caught up on being away. Did sneak in an afternoon nap.
Congrats to the Hudson John family on the baby girl addition
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-28-2014

Good morning everyone, hope you all had a pleasant and restful weekend. We're looking at temps in the 90's and they say will break 100 by this coming weekend. Not bad, but 100 is still close to a record for this time of the year. Traffic seems to be thinning out, I'm guessing that a lot of our winter "snowbirds" are flocking back to their real homes, although, things don't look that good in some parts of the country. The best of luck to any of you that might be in the middle of these storms and tornadoes.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 04-28-2014

Home Health nurse came and changed the dressing on my foot. It needed it too. The filter canister on the vac unit was almost full.

Received a serial printer cable in the mail today. It's set up to connect an Apple ImageWriter2 printer to an Apple Super Serial II card. Now I just need the printer and the DIP switch settings for the SSC2. I'm working on getting a working ImageWriter2 real cheap. It's supposed to have a new ribbon cartridge with it.

Nothing else going on today other than that I'm watching 'The Alamo'. Nope, not the new one. The 1960 version.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 04-28-2014

Evening all. Been a quiet day just relaxing did run to the bank and to wal-mart while I was there but thats about it, oh yeah put $10 in the truck as it was on 1/8 of a tank.
Trying to decide wheather I'm going to the auction tomorrow night or not. Want to get some more stuff for my unit at the flea market still trying to figure what will sell. Other than my trains. I think it will work thou as suposelly have a guy coming back this weekend with stuff he wants me to look at and fix if I can. He lost sound in a engine now its to determine wheather he has conventional with rail sounds, tmcc with rail sounds, or legacy ( which isn't compatible with the rail sounds I can get. and has to go to factory auroized service center with the equipment to do it as they have to do something electriclly to get it to accept the board they need to put in there) Well hope all had a good day talk to you all later.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN3516.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3463.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-29-2014

Morning. Cloudy and rainy. Off to several Dr's apts. Then down east to turkey hunt if not rained out by storms. Light rain not bad. Turkeys move in the rain. Also fill feeders and change camera SD cards.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 04-29-2014

Good morning. It's 70° with 100% humidity and fog. The high will be 82° and cloudy. Wind will shift northwest in the afternoon.
Morning:[Image: condmc-1.jpg] Afternoon: [Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

I may be doing some work on a memory expansion card this afternoon. It's needed for one of the older IIe's to upgrade it from 64k to 128k. Besides the II+ compatible I'm tinkering with it's the only system that's still 64k.

So far I have no other plans.

[Image: DSCN3474.jpg]