The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-19-2014

Time to call it a night here. see y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010466.jpg]

[Image: P1010437.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6190.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-20-2014

Good morning everyone, gunna be a nice day out today, but lots of wind and a bit chilly. Well, chilly for us since we're going to be in the low 90's for the rest of this week. Still, nothing to complain about, to be sure, we're going out target shooting on Thursday, and the weather will be great. Thumbsup

Have a great day, y'all... Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-20-2014

Good morning. It's 73° with 85% humidity. The high will be 88° and it'll be somewhat cloudy.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

Didn't get much sleep last night as my right knee was hurting and prevented me from getting comfortable. As a result I'm not in the best of moods. I think I'll just lay back and relax today.

[Image: P1010449.jpg]

[Image: P1010417.jpg]

[Image: P1010400.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-20-2014

Good Morning Blue
The clouds are back and it's 59 degrees.
No earth shattering news here.
I did some weed wacking yesterday and a trip to Harbor Freight this morning.
Nothing new from the train store.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-20-2014

Just so that you know, we just opened a new three-part structure build challenge that will begin next Monday and run until the first of September. The challenge is open to all, kitbuilding, kitbashing and scratchbuilding. In fairness, you can enter any two parts of the challenge, but if you enter the scratchbuilding one, you cannot enter the kitbuilding. Still, this has been a very popular challenge in the past, both at the old place and here. The challenge thread is right here and you can "register" anytime. By that, I mean, just let us know which challenges you are entering so we can keep track. Also, you can enter anytime between now and the end of the challenge.

Give it some thought, this just may be the incentive that you were looking for to get "that"project going. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 05-20-2014

Morning all(actually afternoon here),

Kind of a blah day weather wise, cool breeze with a threat of rain.

No plans for the day other than maybe writing a small basic program for converting from one scale to another handy if you want to build from a neat plan/project that is not in your scale of choice. I have a rough draft of 13 lines of basic so it is a super simple program so far.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-20-2014

Afternoon. Big Mayor busy day. Same for this evening and night. My new intern was here today. She's a cute thing. Thumbsup Beautiful day. Have a good one.

Well the Scale conversion program ended up with 24 lines of code but works.

I got lucky and found some ox heart tomato plants at a local farmers market so just might have some tomatoes after all 2285_

The weather here so far has been cycling from warm and wet to cold and wet every few days Confusedhock:

May post some pics later on of some hoppers I printed up they now have coal loads but no trucks.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-20-2014

Well, the Apple IIc is sick, again. The disk drive again. Before the azimuth alignments were off and had to be reset. It worked fine after that. Today I was testing it for the owner and the drive just quit working, period. I was wondering at this point if it was really the drive. It could be the motherboard. I unplugged the internal disk drive from the motherboard and plugged an external Apple A9M0107 5.25" floppy drive into the internal disk drive port. Whoa, I think I just heard a Apple II series user out there yelling 'You can't do that! It won't work! The cable end doesn't match the port!'. Well, actually you can make it work if you use an Apple Disk II ribbon cable. This requires removing the cover of the A9M0107 external floppy drive so the cables can be changed out, but it will work. And that's exactly what I did. The computer and drive got along great together. I thought about removing the A9M0107 drive from it's case and putting it into the IIc. Did that and test fit it and it's a bit too big. There's no way the IIc's case could be closed. So now I have to find an Apple IIc internal 5.25 floppy drive or an external model of same that I can rip the guts out of. That also requires that I wait until the end of the month when I'll have some $$ in the small budget I have for this hobby.

Other than that I've been watching season one of Star Trek Voyager. Like meeting old friends again.

That's it for today. Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010405.jpg]

[Image: P1010420.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6242.jpg]

I will end the day with a pic of what I have been up to train wise today.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-21-2014

Good morning. It's 70° with 97% humidity. The high will be 88° with some clouds.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

No plans set in stone today. I may work on the IIc's disk drive later to see if I can get it working again. Since the motor drive works it has to be something on the control board that moves the read/write head back and forth. Yeah, the drive spins but the head doesn't move.

Right now I'm just waiting for the Home Health nurse to call. Got a different one for a while as the other is on vacation. The wound vac therapy is working well. The wound has decreased in size by a third since I got out of the hospital.

[Image: P1010369.jpg]

[Image: P1010326.jpg]

[Image: P1010294.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-21-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have some sun and 64 degrees
There is no new train news here mayhaps I should stop dropping in without something to tell you about.
We had rain overnight and maybe some storms later today.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 05-21-2014

sir james Wrote:Good Morning Blue
We have some sun and 64 degrees
There is no new train news here mayhaps I should stop dropping in without something to tell you about.
We had rain overnight and maybe some storms later today.
S.J.
No S.J. we glad you do it tells us your still alive and kicking Icon_lol Good to see your daily reports.
Morning all been a couple of days been a bummer weeks as someone vandalized my truck so I'm lost without it. suppose to have it back Friday 2285_ I have like 7 packages coming and of coarse one has wrong tracking number 2 no tracking number or what company is delivering them. Curse so no idea when there coming and someone will have to be here as they will not leave unless one of us is. so that means extra trip for me one way or another. Need to check in with ups and fedex to see if theirs a fee to have them delivered to a local store instead of here to me.

Ran trains for a few last night other than that no real train news my store front at the local flea market is full of trains so need to back off buying as running out of room to store them already have back stock lol.

Hope all doing well talk to you all later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-21-2014

Good morning all. Here we are at yet another "hump day". I've said it before, but that term has no significance to us retired folks. The days pass too quickly as it is without keeping track of the middle of the workweek. Icon_lol

Temps are cooler here right now, but the wind has been vicious for the past month or so. We've got a number of wildfires going in our state, one yesterday started with an RV catching fire on I-17 north of Phoenix. There was 100+ acres of brush burning and had the road closed for a few hours. This is the main freeway between Phoenix and Flagstaff and other points north. The one that bothers me the most is the one up near Sedona. That has to be our favorite place in the whole state and there's a large fire in nearby Oak Creek Canyon, about the same place they had one a few years ago. Stunning scenery, huge pine trees with red rocks in the background and the rustle of the water in Oak Creek made it a beautiful place to camp, as we did often a few decades ago. It's especially rugged up there and difficult to fight any fires. They've evacuated some 100 homes and cabins, closed all the parks, campgrounds and the 89A highway to Flagstaff. My prayers are with those fighting this fire in hopes that it is contained quickly.

Here are a few pictures we shot shortly after the last fire back in July, 2006.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-21-2014

Just before noon today I had something happen that I got really excited about. I had a kitchen fire! That's right. I was cooking my lunch and my microwave caught fire. Lunch was burned to a crisp and there was thick smoke pouring out of every opening. I unplugged it then got the extinguisher (I keep two, one in the closet and one under the layout. I got the second one.) and put out what was left of my lunch then sprayed the powder in through the side vents to put out the fire inside. Near as I can tell the transformer/magnetron shorted out. I now have a brand new microwave to take it's place but I have to get the old one out of here first.