The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-27-2014

Good morning. It's 73° with 100% humidity and rain. The high will be 78° and there's a major chance of rain and thunderstorms, happening now in fact.
[Image: cond006.gif][Image: cond100.jpg]

Nothing much happening here except trying to stay dry. Weather outside is getting considerably ugly and is bound to get worse. It looks like it's going to continue for a couple of days.I wouldn't be at all surprised if the power goes out before it's said and done. Until then I'll pass the time watching some movies. Yesterday I dropped Cinemax and picked up Blockbuster@home. It's cheaper ($10 vs $14) and has more movie channels than Cinemax. So that gives me HBO, EPIX and Blockbuster@home. If I can't find something to watch in all of that something's seriously wrong or I'm being way too picky. If the satellite dish gets blacked out (likely to happen) I have a bunch of movies and such stored on the DVR. And I can keep myself busy servicing locos or working on some freight cars. In the event of a power failure I'll have some light from the emergency lights and the two LED headlights I have and I can do a bit of reading to keep my mind occupied.

[Image: P1012779.jpg]

[Image: P1012768.jpg]

[Image: P1012762.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 05-27-2014

Well I have been a busy modeler today, pics in the Start of a On30 kitbash have been updated, and an updated S diorama pic in weekly photo fun.

Will just post 2 pics here as it is too time consuming re post all of them here as well. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-27-2014

Weather wise it's been pretty ugly here. We're under a flash flood watch until tomorrow afternoon and tomorrow is looking like another 100% chance of showers and thunderstorms then slacking off to 60% by Friday. I didn't see any water leaking in around the window in my bedroom so maybe I filled it in with the flexible rubber leak sealer. Played a game of Starfleet1 a little while ago. I did pretty good. Completed the mission in half the time allotted. Twenty-five Krellan ships and five cloaked Zaldron ships. Those suckers can be hard to find. Other than that I've been in the back watching some movies.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 05-27-2014

Intermittent showers here and the high was 90. Was sitting out on the porch when the first skeeter of the season landed on me time to go in.

Little Ceasers pizza for evening meal not the best pizza but cheap and quick.

Was very busy today getting stuff done and working on some old train projects, it is amazing how a freshly cleaned off work bench will motivate building something or completing an old project(s).

Tomorrow will more than likely work some more on the On30 flats as the wood decks need stained and or weathered. I think I will rig up some sort of truss rod thing on the underside to make them look a bit more plausible. Then may dig further into the pile of project boxes and revisit the GFC castings, my first attempt at On30 scratch building I may even try to make a better mold of the original to see if I can get a good casting of the GFC(generic flat car).

Sounds like we have more nasty weather coming in from Texas. Time for me to get out of here anyway. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1012738.jpg]

[Image: P1010007-22.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6291-2.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-28-2014

Good Morning Blue
Sprinkles of rain with a temp of 60 this morning.
We got downpours of rain yesterday afternoon but no storms.
I got the veggie garden dug up yesterday and just returned from the nursery with some "stuff" to put in it.
Love those home grown tomatoes.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-28-2014

Good morning everyone, here we are at Hump Day again. I hope all you working stiffs can handle the rest of the week. For us retirees, it's just another day. Well, there is the exception, from the Dagwood comics it appears that today is National Donut Day, but in fact, it is National Hamburger Day. There are probably lines forming at Micky D's right this minute. Nope

BTW, National Donut Day isn't until a week from this Friday...

It's a bit weird-looking outside, the skies are a bit red. One TV weather-caster shows us a graph saying that there's a 30% chance of rain today and tomorrow, then she turns to her daily forecast showing a 20% chance of rain both days. The probability is that there won't be any rain, or a 0% chance. No wind for a change and we should see at least 107 later today. It's 7AM and already it's 80 outside.

The last I heard is that the fire up near Sedona is around 25% contained and at about 15,000 acres. There are around 1200 firefighters battling this blaze along with several tankers and helicopters. We have several others in the state, one to the eastern part of the state that was at 43,000 acres yesterday. Our wildfire season is early this year.... :cry:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-28-2014

Good afternoon. It's 72°F with 93% humidity and lots of rain. The high will be 78°F and wet. It's looking like rain through to the weekend.
[Image: cond006.gif][Image: cond100.jpg]

Not much going on today. Got the wound vac dressing changed this morning and did two bags of laundry. One pair of pants and a bunch of socks, T-shirts and underwear. The weather has let up for the time being but I expect it to bust loose again later this afternoon. It's really wet and muggy out there. We have a flash flood watch in effect through late tonight.

No plans set in stone this afternoon. I don't want to get into something that's long and involved only to have the power go out in the middle of it. I have an old computer that needs some TLC so I'll work on that for now. It can be worked on by the light of one of my headlights if need be.

Anything else that comes up will be given the level of attention it deserves.

[Image: P1010006-7-1.jpg]

[Image: P1010028-4.jpg]

[Image: P1010037-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-28-2014

Very little storm activity here since this morning. Hope it stays that way. The rain chance has been backed off to 70% so that's a plus. However radar is still showing activity to the west moving this way.

Got the maintenance work done on the old computer. Only took about an hour. I spent some time afterward working on a loco that was damaged by the tree hit. Not much to it. One truck was jammed over against the frame and the motor had been dislodged. Can't do much about the busted hand rails.

No further storm activity thus far. The last storm I saw passed south and east of here. Folks in DeRidder probably saw some rain but there was none here to speak of and I don't see much activity to the west. Looks like it'll be quiet tonight.

I worked on a couple more damaged locos. Less damage than the one earlier. Straightened a bent hand rail, replaced a broken horn and re-attached a truck sideframe.

Nothing else to report. It's time for me to call it a night so I'll see y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010073-1.jpg]

[Image: P1010079.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6291.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-29-2014

Good morning all, yesterday we were suppose to have some 20-30% chance of rain. We didn't see any, but when we got into the car, there were spots on the windshield saying that either it rained a little, or Big Bird had flown over it. We frequently have rain that doesn't hit the ground, they call it "verga". It's just too hot out and there's not enough moisture to make it all the way, and the little that does, gets evaporated as soon as it touches anything. Today, rain is in the forecast once again. 357 357

Remember, we have a three-way structure challenge underway. There's still lots of time to enter, but the sooner you do, the more time you have to get your projects done. Check in here for the rules and to let us know what you're going to do. We only have one entry in the kitbuild category, so keep that in mind when picking your project.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-29-2014

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 58 degrees.
We had downpours of rain yesterday, kept us in till evening.
No storms but some local flooding in the usual places.
Nothing new from the train store.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-29-2014

Good morning. It's 68° with 98% humidity. The high will be 85° and cloudy. There's a fair chance for rain.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg][Image: cond50.jpg]

Not much going on today. I think I'll just relax and try to get some rest. I've had some near sleepless nights and they're catching up with me. Heart rate was up a bit yesterday for some reason. It's usually 80-82 at rest. Yesterday it was 101-104 at rest. This morning it's back to 80-82. Later I may take apart a M0107 disk drive that needs some attention but only after I get some sleep.

[Image: P1010075.jpg]

[Image: P1010017-8.jpg]

[Image: P1010013-9.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-29-2014

Well I managed to get a couple hours of sleep today so I opened up an Apple A9M0107 5¼" floppy disk drive that needs some attention. The 19-pin cable that was connected to it was chewed up by a dog and isn't serviceable nor do I have a spare. So I was wondering if I could put a 20-pin flat ribbon cable in it's place and run the drive off an X104 controller like a Disk II drive. I never tried this before. I removed the damaged cable and studied the on-board connector. It has twenty pins, same as the Disk II connector and the electronics of the X104 and 0101 control cards is virtually identical so i couldn't see any reason why it shouldn't work. Nothing ventured nothing gained. At the most it could blow the computers mother board, at the least blow the control card or the control board in the drive. Any of these I can obtain and replace easily. So I connected the twenty pin ribbon cable to the drives control board and connected the other end to an X104 control card in my //e and turned it on. It worked! The drive booted the disk and the greeting program came up on the screen. That's great. The drawback of running it off an X104 controller is that I can't daisy chain a second drive from this one. But I can still run them as a set on the X104 controller if I convert the second drive too. So I guess one of my next online purchases will be a couple of long flat 20-pin ribbon cables from Bulgaria.

[Image: DSCN6318-1.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6320.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 05-29-2014

Evening all been a quiet day actually got up real late as went to bed real late lol I stayed up till 4:30 am and went to bed and wasn't even thinking about moving until about 2 P.M. this afternoon lol. Oh well been a good day since didn't have any plans for today so it was a good plan lol. I'm still use to working nights even thou haven't done it in like 14 years my body like it better. So now being retired I tend to stay up a lot later unless I don't get good sleep the night/day earlier. Well lets see back to flea market saturday may go tomorrow just to arrange some more items. Want to take some items out there and arrange before Saturday opening. so looks like I will be going out there tomorrow anyway.