The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-31-2013

Woke up feeling bad this morning. Dizzy and off balance. I felt better later in the day and got a little bit of restoration work work done on one of the computers. Went to Los Mayas Mexican restaurant with my fatther and step mother for dinner. Now it's time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1012791.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4400.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-01-2013

Good morning. It's 77° with 88% humidity. It already feels like 86°. The high will be 96° and it will likely feel like 109°.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] with a [Image: cond20.jpg]

Got bill paying and grocery shopping to do today. Most of the bills will be paid online but there's always those that refuse to leave the stone age and join the rest of us in the 21st century. No other plans for today but I'm sure something will come up.

[Image: P1012816.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4451.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-01-2013

Good morning all, as you all know, we're on the downside of hump day, meaning just two more days to yet another weekend. We are also on the backside hump of the year, August 1, the start of the eighth month. Believe me, the older one gets, the quicker these things seem to happen, time seems to accelerate to warp speed. Wallbang

Weather-wise, we're still in that time of the year. Yesterday it was 109 and just a sprinkle of rain while we were driving home. Today not quite as hot, but the humidity and dew points are up and there is, ahem, a 20% chance of rain. They can forecast like that for every day this month, and be right maybe 10% of the time, which is about their average forecast record anyway. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-01-2013

Morning. Rainy and cloudy day. Lake house later today/evening. Got to entertain as Wifey has invited guests. Icon_lol Got mowing done here before the rain last night. Mow there tomorrow after it dries off [suppose to be sunny].

Days, since the software update or server change, I have to log in with each visit even though I check the block to auto log in. ???? Let me try erasing your site address and reentering it on my bookmark.

Have a good one.

Chief Eagles Wrote:Morning. Rainy and cloudy day. Lake house later today/evening. Got to entertain as Wifey has invited guests. Icon_lol Got mowing done here before the rain last night. Mow there tomorrow after it dries off [suppose to be sunny].

Days, since the software update or server change, I have to log in with each visit even though I check the block to auto log in. ???? Let me try erasing your site address and reentering it on my bookmark.

Have a good one.
Try this first, go to your browser's cache and history and reset it. You can also selectively reset cookies related to this site. Let me know if you still have that problem. We had this problem while testing things before we actually switched servers, but Packey fixed it, and it's been working fine ever since.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-01-2013

Days, its working now. Set up to load CTT and this site when opening IE and Firefox. I erased the old address and pasted the new. Thanks.

Chief Eagles Wrote:Days, its working now. Set up to load CTT and this site when opening IE and Firefox. I erased the old address and pasted the new. Thanks.

Good, you're better off with the new URL anyway. The old one just buys you a redirect to the new one, and that's just something else to get in the way.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-01-2013

I started using the new address on day one. A simple copy and paste was all that was required. It's was the logical thing to do.

Running Bear Wrote:I started using the new address on day one. A simple copy and paste was all that was required. It's was the logical thing to do.

We will keep the redirect for some time yet. There will always be a few people that didn't read the memo or they just haven't stopped by for a while. At some point in time we will probably have the old URL direct you to a page that tells you that you need to copy/paste the new one in your browser, rather than take you here automatically.

We changed the domain name with this move for two reasons, it was easier to implement the move, and most important, it reflects who we are now. We will never forget the-gauge though since that's our roots. Worship

BTW, Googling "Big Blue Train Forum", gives you links to both URL's. The Google bots have been busy. Thumbsup

Not much happening today. My father and I went to Wal-Mart this morning to get our respective grocery shopping done and I had him stop at the place that's still in the stone age so I could make my payment there. After getting the groceries home and put away I drove my van into town and gassed it up. $50 for 14.289 gallons of gas. That's a little over half a tank. I made sure to leave the engine running while I was filling up as there was a good chance it wouldn't start again until the engine cooled down. Came across a couple of ancient Mitac AD-1 disk drives in working order and snapped them up for less than $70. That used up my 'fun fund' so no more online shopping until it's replenished. These drives are Apple Disk II clones and weren't produced in what you'd call great numbers so they're somewhat rare, even rarer to be working unlike the ubiquitous Apple Disk II drives that can be found seemingly everywhere.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - nachoman - 08-01-2013

Don - going to need to change the logo in the upper left corner.

nachoman Wrote:Don - going to need to change the logo in the upper left corner.

Yup, one of these days. Wink It's going to be hard to fit the new URL in the same space as the old one on there, so I'm going to have to come up with something slightly different. In the meantime, it is still a good URL, even though we'd prefer to use the new one.

Lake house to mow and entertain company Wifey has invited [hope they don't show]. Days, working great now.

Chief Eagles Wrote:Lake house to mow and entertain company Wifey has invited [hope they don't show]. Days, working great now.

Good, we're trying to keep track of any glitches, this is one we can cross off the list. Thumbsup

Well it's time to call it a night, so I'll see y'all tomorrow. Looks like it's going to be a pleasant night with a low of 75.

[Image: DSCN1644.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4426.jpg]