The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-13-2013

Good night all. Prayers for Jeffrey. Big rains this evening. Off to GA in the morning. Sleep tight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 08-14-2013

Stopping in here and missing Jeffrey..
Prayers for a speedy recovery for Running Bear!! Smile

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-14-2013

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and unseasonably cool this morning at 48. The high for today is supposed to be about 80. There's a slight chance of rain for tonight and tomorrow. We could sure use it. I moved the lawn on July 2nd and it hasn't grown enough to need it since then.

Not much happened around here yesterday. I went for a bike ride and got flagged down by some friends who gave me a bunch of fresh corn on the cob. We had a really good supper last night. Not much on today's agenda. Off to the gym this morning for a swim and then this evening we are going to dinner with some friends.

All stay safe.

Tom.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-14-2013

Good morning all. Yeah, it is a bit strange not hearing from Jeffery. We're still pulling for him and hope to hear from him soon. If anyone knows anything, please post it here.

Yesterday's rain forecast turned into a dud, we would have been dumbfounded had it really rained. We are though, pushing some record heat, with "heat advisory" warnings for the week. That's something that I can believe right. It has been hot, a bit muggy, but the skies are clear.

Ya all have a good day now... Thumbsup Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-14-2013

Good morning Blue
Sun but 55 degrees. Not August temps at all.
My doctor appointment went fast yesterday so that means in December I'll get it all.
Grass needs cutting but everything is really wet so I think one more day.
Today is Hump day for the working folk, so get to it.
Last word about Jeff was yesterday evening, we was comfortable and looking forward to getting to his dads house.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-14-2013

Morning. Prayers for Jeffrey. Turned off sunny and cool. Off to GA for a few days.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 08-14-2013

Jeffery,
Hoping all goes well, and the healing is quick. I'll be looking for your return here, in the mean time, just get your strength back.......and just keep hollering for a clean bedpan, Icon_twisted Icon_twisted it drives 'em crazy 357 357 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 08-14-2013

Good evening all,

About time that I got my new set of tires on truck 2285_ The truck is ready for winter driving now and rides a lot better the old tires are 12 years old tread was decent but side walls were worn and dry rotting 35
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope RB is doing fine after surgery and a speedy recovery as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to turn in early today as Thursdays I work first shift, Sunday and Monday are second shift for me and the rest of the week I have to do important stuff and squeeze hobbies in those days as well.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-15-2013

Greetings, gang.

Another cool morning here in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Right now the temp is 54 degrees with an expected high in the low 70s. Tomorrow is supposed to be the beginning of a warming trend.

My original plan was to leave tomorrow for Beatrice for the annual train show there. Right now that's all up in the air as our son's mother-in-law is seriously ill to the point where our son and his wife drove home from Texas yesterday. We are driving down to Ames today to visit with them. Right now is a critical point. It could go either way. Hopefully we'll know more today.

In other news we had a nice visit with some old friends last night. Went to dinner then came back here and watched the trains run until dark. Only plan for today other than a trip to Ames is a run to the grocery store.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chuck - 08-15-2013

I am glad to hear Jeff's surgery went well. Prayers for his speedy recovery.

Chuck

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-15-2013

Good morning Blue
We have sun and 65 degrees this morning.
Well, I got the grass cut yesterday and did some grocery shopping this morning so I am free till granny gets home at 4.
No news from my toy train world so this is it for today.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIEST es. Stop In!!! - cn nutbar - 08-15-2013

Best wishes to Jeffrey for a speedy recovery---looking forward to having you back on track soon

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 08-15-2013

Good evening all,

Still hear the equipment at work even being that I have been home for a couple hours.

No new train news here, other then seeing some coil steel covered cars at the CSX yard more than likely coming out of Buckeye err now it is called Columbus steel castings.

The new tires on truck make it drive and ride like a new truck, I bought General tires the old set were General tires and lasted 12 years so that is what I went with.

I need to take a long nap so I can enjoy the weekend(Friday and Saturday have to go back in on Sunday 2nd shift).

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-15-2013

Peekaboo, guess who?

[Image: Picture006.jpg]
Decided I'd pick something obvious so there's no doubt whatsoever.

Made my escape from the hospital today. The ride home was uneventful. The fireworks started when I got here. I got down out of the van OK and got on my crutches and started up the driveway to the house. Just then one of the rocks in the driveway decided it didn't like me and rolled under the one of the crutches and threw me off balance and over backward I went. I got a real good look at the sky. Nice and blue with a cloud here and there. I was also quite helpless! So I told the van driver to go to the house and get a wheelchair that's in there. That was the easy part. He then had to pick me up under the shoulders so I get my good leg under leg under me and get to the chair. Not an easy task for a 65 year old man to lift a 250 lb man. Once he got me to the house I could get to my mothers old power chair (Hoveround wannabe). The next adventure involved getting on and off the toilet in my fathers bathroom. There's barely enough room for the chair in there. I manged that without incident. Getting out of that hospital gown and into some real clothes was interesting to say the least. I'll have to see if something I can grab or lean against can be put in my room so I can get into my clothes without doing the first seven steps of the ballet. The 'lay down and pull' routine works for most of getting the pants on but there's that point where I have to stand and pull them up the rest of the way. It's going to take some getting used to but I'll be able to adjust to it eventually.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - thetramp - 08-15-2013

Glad you are back on line. We missed you. I hope you recovery goes will. God be with you my friend.