The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-20-2013

Greetings, gang.

It's cloudy and 70 degrees in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is expected to be about 90, very typical for this time of year.

Had a really nice going away dinner for some friends last night. Went to a local pub and then back here to run the outdoor trains and sit on the patio and visit. Gonna miss them.

Today has been proclaimed a day of rest. All of my trips are over until National Turkey Day. We've traveled well over 3000 miles in the last month and I'm really tired. I know it's not a lot of miles compared to what some of you travel but when the longest trip I normally take is 2 miles to Menards and back, it's a lot of miles. I need to recharge before starting on any projects around here.

Nice bridge, Garry.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-20-2013

Good Morning Blue
The temp is 72 going into the 80s today.
Granny is kid sitting so I can do nothing till 3pm.
We do have some plans for later in the week though.
Only 11 days left in August, I am sad.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-20-2013

Good morning. It's 81° with 72% humidity. The high will be 95° and will feel like 102°.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg][Image: cond50.jpg]

Been busy this morning ordering my fathers vitamins. His handwriting looks like chicken tracks on a barbed wired fence. My caregiver had a little problem. She left her cars lights on and ran the battery down. My father gave her a jump and got her on her way. No plans for today.

View in Ezra's side-view mirror after he dodged the crossing.
[Image: P1010655-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - GarryCBQ - 08-20-2013

Thanks for welcomes and comments on the bridge.

Here is a Burlington E5

[Image: E5horse.jpg]

On my layout, I am very slowly guilding an extension in an area of 6' by 16" .... Does anyone have nay interesting projects in progress now?

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 08-20-2013

Hello all,

I had an intermitent internet connectivity problem last night and was unable to do anything online 790_smiley_picking_a_fight

Welcome to Garry and Kent to the forum Welcome

Last night was a busy night at work but I made it till end of shift. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 08-20-2013

nvrr49 Wrote:New to the forum. I model in HO scale, standard, 3', 30" and 18" gauge...I just can't make up my mind. Wallbang

I also design and 3d print some details, buildings, etc.

Here are some items I designed and had printed at shapeways.
[Image: 8160111772_3db386aafd_c.jpg]

Hi Kent, nice details. I have a MakerBot Replicator 2 3D printer as a prototyper it is fine but as a production tool it is way too slow, It took my printer 6 hours to print out a 40' boxcar body in S scale Confusedhock: I have revised the design several times so far and still have too draw up the roof and floor. Once I get a "good" print that I am ok with I may go thru shape ways and have a few printed off for my self. At this time not able to go into production for extra income but maybe down the road. I also have been watching 3D printing develope for hobbyists I may get a 2nd 3D printer by Lulzbot specificaly the TAZ as it has a bigger build area, somewhat faster and is compatibale with several materials not locked into just PLA plastic for close to the same price as the Makerbot Replicator 2.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-20-2013

BUSY DAY!!!!!!

Wifey's B'day. She forgot to tell me that the dogs were scheduled for the groomer. Groomer calls at 8:45 and says they were suppose to be there at 7:30. Rush Rush. Then they come to patch walls and ceiling in old train room upstairs. [Done now and a great job]

Off to BB&T to help Pam's nephew [soldier boy] purchase his first vehicle. One that his Mom [SIL] and him had picked out was a "bomber". They were over pricing by 2K. Went to a dealer friend of mine. Got him a decent car within his price range. Will go finish deal [paper signing] tomorrow AM. Took Wifey to Olive Garden for a LUPPER. Lunch/supper as we both had not eaten today. "Ate the whole thing!!!!" Plop plop fizz fizz.

Now possible trip to MIL's for ice cream and cake.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-20-2013

Off to bed early as Wifey has to take Great-niece to elementary school tomorrow at 6:30 AM. BTW: Nephew did not buy car. Carried it back. Made even better decision. Buying nothing and saving $$$ to do a larger down payment and not tie up a big portion of his pay check. Told him to move on up to Ft. Drum NY and find a Yankee girl friend with a car to ride him around. Icon_lol

Thanks Kev for the wishes.

Days, read in a gun magazine that Remington Arms is closing its plant in NY and expanding in NC. Smart move.

Sleep tight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-20-2013

Not much happening. Played Starfleet1 earlier and got my head handed to me. Had Zatarain's red beans and rice and a couple of handfuls of flaming hot Cheetos for dinner. Still had to add hot sauce. The flavor of the Zatarain's foods just doesn't seem as good as it used to be before McCormick took over in 2003. No pain killers again today. A good sign. Since I got here the kitchen light switch has been out of my reach. I can turn it on and off with my cane but what do I do with the cane afterward? Today I stood on my one foot and using the oven door handle for support I was able to reach across the counter top and flip the switch. For an encore I changed the paper towel roll which can only be done from a standing position. Still the only way I can move myself around outdoors is with a walker. There's been some improvement there. Got a doctor appointment in town this Friday. That should be interesting.

[Image: P1010586.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-20-2013

Chief Eagles Wrote:...Days, read in a gun magazine that Remington Arms is closing its plant in NY and expanding in NC. Smart move.

Sleep tight.
Wasn't aware of that. My wife is from that area, as a matter of fact, I went to school for Remingon-Rand Univac in that same factory that they've are now closing in Ilion, NY. We were married before I finished my training there. I have a BIL that worked there repairing returned guns for a while. Big place though, it's going to hurt the area...oh well, progress I guess.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 08-21-2013

It's because of the stricter gun laws in NY Sad

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://wibx950.com/remington-arms-considering-a-move-from-hometown-ilion/">http://wibx950.com/remington-arms-consi ... own-ilion/</a><!-- m -->

NY Laws ban one of the Remington rifles

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-21-2013

ngauger Wrote:It's because of the stricter gun laws in NY Sad

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://wibx950.com/remington-arms-considering-a-move-from-hometown-ilion/">http://wibx950.com/remington-arms-consi ... own-ilion/</a><!-- m -->

NY Laws ban one of the Remington rifles

Yup, that's a good reason. The same thing is happening in Colorado, Connecticut and a few other states. I'm sure the politicians are saying, "good riddance", but the hundreds of skilled workers there aren't feeling their joy. Nope

One thing I've noticed in the past few months is that hi-cap magazines are back on the shelves in abundance and the lines waiting to get ammo are getting smaller. I walked by the sports dep't at Walmart yesterday morning and there were only two people in line waiting for the ammo to come out, and last week at Cabela's there was ammo on the shelf. Thumbsup I guess the hoarders and those guys reselling it for quadruple what they paid have enough and so the market is softening. That's not going to help those people out of jobs in New York, Connecticut or Colorado Sad

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-21-2013

A quick Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 70 going to the Hi 80s today.
Got to run, enjoy your day.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-21-2013

Good morning. It's 79°with 80% humidity. The high will be 92° and will feel like 104°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with a [Image: cond20.jpg]

Nothing planned for toady. Maybe something will present itself.

[Image: P1010599.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-21-2013

Good morning all, today is "hump day", so I hope you all are having a pleasant week so far.

I just saw a notification that we're still under an "excessive heat warning" for the next few days. I didn't need that to tell me it has been hot out, we just got our power bill for last month, $369 tells me it's hot out. Our A/C is going day and night, but with nighttime temps hoovering around 90, you can see why. We still have rain in the forecast, but I don't really expect that to happen until tomorrow. That's when I plan on going out target shooting. Wallbang