The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-06-2013

Good night all. Lazy day. Sunday School and then Olive Garden for soup and salad. Snoozed in front of Gad Father on AMC. Then walked for a couple of miles at dark. Took Wifey and Wiley for a ride to view Halloween decorations. Now Popcornbeer . Sleep tight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-06-2013

Got a little done today train wise. Took the GP50 apart for a full inspection. Cleaned it, put back together and re-lubed. Need to replace motor mounts. Parts on order. Watch two movies today. This morning I watched 'The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy' and this afternoon/evening I watched 'The Longest Day'.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010141-1.jpg]

[Image: P1010055.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-07-2013

Good morning everyone, hope you all had a nice weekend. I did go out target shooting Saturday, just a great day to do that. Warm but not hot, and barely a breeze out. We shoot mostly handguns and I have a couple of .22 semi-auto rifles. I got rid of a few heavy-hitters a few years ago, like my M44 carbine after my shoulder surgery made it too risky to shoot anymore. I should have waited a year or two before selling them since right now I could have gotten at least twice what I did back then. Gun sales are still brisk all over the country.

Weather-wise, we're in the average range, it's just under 60 right now, a bit below average, and it's expected to get to around 95, a bit above average. The A/C still runs daily and will so until around Halloween.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-07-2013

Morning all. Pouring rain. Got in two miles before mowing. Finished mowing in the rain. Got in as it really started down. Off to County Commissioners. Suppose to rain for a few days.

Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-07-2013

Good afternoon. It's 72° with 45% humidity. The high will be 78° and will feel like like 80°.
[Image: condsunny-1.jpg]

I'm not feeling good today. Woke up around 2:45 this morning due to an asthma attack. A bad one. I used my mothers old cure-all, Tabasco to get through it. It was cleared up nicely. However I was unable to get back to sleep so now I'm very tired. I've already had several naps and all before noon.

I'm expecting a package to arrive today. Nothing important. Just an A2M0003 Disk II disk drive. I don't see anything train related getting done today.

[Image: P1010058.jpg]

[Image: P1010009-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-07-2013

I got my Apple disk drive today. It worked right out of the box but the write protect function didn't work. I opened it up, located the trouble and fixed it. Now it works properly.

Well today I put a couple of small details on one of the F3's. One of those is a step between the pilot and the engineers side cab ladder.

The Apple disk drive I worked on earlier had just a very small problem. One of the wires that goes from the write protect switch to the board had come loose, shaken loose in shipping probably. While reattaching it I added a toggle switch that allows me to turn the write protection on and off. When on the drive can write to the disk only when the write protect notch on the disk is open. When that notch is covered the disk can't be written to. When the switch is turned on the write protection is turned off no matter what, even if the disk has no notch, allowing the drive to write to the disk no matter what.

Time for me to call it a night. see y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010212.jpg]

[Image: P1010089.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-08-2013

Good morning. It's 63° with 74% humidity. The high will be 78° and will feel like 83°.
[Image: condsunny-1.jpg]

Well today I'll be putting an end to and argument my father and I had this morning about my weight. He says I weigh more now than I did just after my surgery. I weighed 255 then. After he left to go do some things he needed to do in town I had my step mother get out her scale. She weighed herself first as we both know her weight and it was right on the money. Then I stood on it and it stopped at 240. I weigh LESS than I did after my surgery, not more. Fifteen pounds less. Then I double checked that by using HIS scale. It too stopped at 240. My step mother is a witness to both readings so now we both have something to beat him over the head with. It also gives me another chance to tell him that before he starts telling others how to manage their life he better make sure his room is clean too.

No plans for today except for that above.

[Image: P1010054.jpg]

[Image: P1010135.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-08-2013

Good morning, yet another nice day in stall for here. At 9AM we're in the mid-70's and a high expected in the low 90's. The only 90+ day for the next week or better. There's potential for rain the next few days as well. That's my words, not theirs. I think they'd be more believable if they used that phrase instead of "20% chance of rain". "Potential" tells it all.

You'll have to excuse me, I'm busy, doing my best to clean up and organize my train room. Eek Maybe I'll find that lost set of HO Bachmann wheels that I owe Jeffery..... Hang in there, I'll get them to you one way or another..... Smile

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-08-2013

ezdays Wrote:Maybe I'll find that lost set of HO Bachmann wheels that I owe Jeffery..... Hang in there, I'll get them to you one way or another..... Smile
I got your message earlier. Thanks.

Part of one of my projects yesterday:

[Image: CopyofDSCN5338.jpg]

Watched an old world war II movie today. 'Go For Broke', the story of the 442nd Infantry regiment. No train related work today. I'm at a standstill. Nothing to work on. My step mother and I had a great meal tonight. Beef Rice-a-Roni with stew meat, chopped onion and diced red bell pepper. Three hours later and I can still smell it throughout the house. Delicious!

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN5342.jpg]

A scarred veteran on it's way to keep an appointment with the scrappers torch.
[Image: P1010148.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-09-2013

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 55 right now with an expected high in the upper 70s.

Had a very pleasant evening Monday. Cleaned up the back yard and ran the train for a couple hours. Drank some wine and just sat and talked. Not much else going on. Wife has an event at her historical house this afternoon. I may start picking up the first batch of leaves of the season.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-09-2013

Morning all. Cloudy, possible rain and chilly. Fall is here. Purchased all the items to wire the power pole for the camper [hunting cabin] at the farm. Now to get the pole. Power lines to the site. Oldest wedding this weekend. Friday thru Sunday will be a zoo. Wallbang Wifey's whole family and animals will be staying at a rental house [near wedding chapel] with us [our dogs too]. Icon_lol

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-09-2013

Good morning. It's 53° with 100% humidity. The high will be 82° and will feel like 87°.
[Image: cond026.gif]

USPS tracking shows the motor mounts for the GP50 being in Shreveport. Maybe they'll arrive a day early? If not they'll be here tomorrow. No plans for today except to watch some more old movies. Perhaps 'Corregidor' (1943) Otto Kruger, Elissa Landi, Donald Woods, Frank Jenks and 'Ski Troop Attack' (1960) Micheal Forest, Frank Wolff, Richard Sinatra, Wally Campo.

[Image: DSCN5355.jpg]

[Image: plaza5.jpg]

[Image: pow-mia.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-09-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have sun 53 degrees this morning, 70 for the day.
I'm not sure why I keep posting when I just have another lazy day. Just the usual daily routine.
I did have a good chat with some of the forum guys last night though.
S.J.