The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-10-2013

Morning. Rainy and chilly. Still got in 2+ miles. Will be gone for a few days. Wedding thing. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 10-10-2013

Good evening all.

Not much news here,

Been doing some reading (light/entertainment).

Temps are cooler but still unseasonably warm. In the past it has been known to snow flurry on halloween here.

Ran some trains while test printing the latest box car design missed putting details on one of the ends Got some slice issues solved as I am not 100% profiecent with drawing yet, will post some pics of the latest test print as the panel lines on the sides and the details on one end came out fine but not the rivets At least one more revision and then I can go onto making the roof and floor design Also started a test drawing on a gondola design(non prototypical)

That is about it for today.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-10-2013

Tomorrow my father and step mother will hit the road. They're going to drive all the way to Roswell, New Mexico. As my father says, 'It's cheaper than flying. A whole lot cheaper.'. Now the question is will they be speaking to each other by the time they get back?

Had to uninstall AVG this morning and do a new install. Then on restart the computer wouldn't do anything but sit there with a cursor blinking on an otherwise blank screen. Well either there was a bad connection inside the case or the CMOS settings had gotten fouled up somehow. So I checked the CMOS settings first. Sure enough the first boot device had somehow been changed from the hard drive to some kind of USB multi-link device. I set it back to hard drive, saved the changes and rebooted. All went well. Will it stay that way? We'll see in the morning. The CMOS battery may be getting weak. It's been in there for near to ten years now.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1012665.jpg]

With a bit of weathering this:
[Image: P1012657.jpg]

Became this:
[Image: P1012667.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-11-2013

Good morning folks, here we are at yet another end of the workweek for most people. If it wasn't for those people that work weekend shifts, the entire world would shut down. Stores, gas stations, hospitals, police and fire safety and restaurants are just a few of those that need to stay open for us to function. My appreciation goes out to all those that work late shifts and weekends. Thumbsup Thumbsup

It was a chilling day here yesterday... oops, I meant, "chilly day". Wink The folks up in Flagstaff saw an inch or so of the white stuff, while Williams (the starting location of the Grand Canyon Railroad), had around four inches. It always gets colder here when it snows up north. Normal high temps for this time of the year are in the low 90's with lows in the 60's. We are at 52 right now with a high expected at 79. I don't know if anyone here is complaining though. I am ready to turn off the A/C and hope that the furnace doesn't come on for a few weeks yet. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - zstripe - 10-11-2013

Don,
That's different,,,You have the same weather going on in Arizona,,that we here in the Chicago area our experiencing.. 2285_
Cheers,
Frank AKA zstripe

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-11-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have a sunny 60 degrees now.
Grocery shopping done for the day. No news from the train store.
Reg. gas was $3.39 this morning.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-11-2013

Good morning. It's 69° with 90% humidity. The high will be 85° and will feel like 90°.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

My father and step mother left within the last twenty minutes and are on their way. Me, the cat and the dog have the run of the house. I don't know about the cat and the dog but I'm going to watch some movies. Sometime this weekend or next week I may get started on writing a text adventure type computer game on the IIe. I've been putting that off because the Apple's keyboard and disk drives are noisy. I don't use it while my father is asleep during the day (weird work schedules) and I don't want to disturb him. I've used it when he's at work but then my step mother is here and complains about the noise of the keys drowning out the TV. That's total BS. The keyboard is nowhere near that loud and there's two walls, two room width closets ad two doors between it and the two places she watches TV in the house. I've told her there's a simple cure. Turn the TV up. My father tells me there's a better cure. Ignore her. She was used to living alone so there was no one around. Now there're family members around and she can learn to put up with some noise. She's going to have to put up with it too. I'm not stopping the use of my IIe because she doesn't like the clack-click-clack of the keyboard and the chatter of the disk drives or the beeping of the computers speaker.

In other news, I've dropped AVG as my antivirus solution and I'm trying out the free version of Avast!. This system only has 1GB of RAM (120 MBs used for video RAM) and a dual-core Pentium Celeron D processor, quite possibly the slowest 'high speed' processor they've ever produced. I can click on a 'quick-link' for something on a USB drive and I can count off the seconds, usually eight to ten until something happens. It's like it has to go search for the flash drive then file a MIA report about it. I'm sure anybody who has had a computer with a Celeron D processor has had similar experiences. Well AVG was taking up so much of the computers resources that the memory would crash or the computer would quite literally 'forget' what it was doing. So far Avast! is doing very well. It's running a full system scan and I can't tell that anything's going on unless I check the stats.

[Image: P1012649.jpg]

[Image: P1012645.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 10-11-2013

RB: your new mother sounded pretty good last week; be tolerant of her for a while.
Are they still making viruses for the Apple II? Nope

When we went out west in December a few years ago, we didn't find any snow until we reached Albuquerque, then we got "snowed in" by blizzard reports between there and Williams. We even survived the freezing temps in the RV for a couple of days.

When we came back on the southern route, there was none.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-11-2013

BR60103 Wrote:RB:
Are they still making viruses for the Apple II? Nope
No that I know of. Anyway mine won't be online. It doesn't even have a modem. All the software I'll be using is tried and true stuff I've been using for years.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN5363.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0589.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 10-11-2013

Good evening all.

Was a sleepy Friday here. Have to fill up the ole truck for work week coming up Sunday and Monday.

Multiple computer glitches here desktop needs a new memory module(DDRSDRAM) will check Micro center to see if they have some(really need to replace the old bit bucket(PC its self)) and my laptop has video and heatdisapation issues. And the rest of my PCs are outdated but functioning plus the Apple IIC and the TI 99 4A, some collect old cars on blocks in the yard I have an accumulation of computting equipment Icon_lol

May go to flea market if it is open in the morning at the local drive in theater(still shows movies). Will be scouting for trains and other stuff of interest.

Will also be going to a chilie cook off at a local church on Saturday.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-12-2013

AF350 Wrote:Multiple computer glitches here desktop needs a new memory module(DDRSDRAM) will check Micro center to see if they have some.
I have two 1GB memory sticks coming for this computer. I'm hoping it'll use DDR2 800 without a problem. At the moment it has one 1GB DDR2 533 stick in it. 120MB of that goes to VRAM. This old thing is over ten years old. It has no brand name. It's all generic, get the parts anywhere, what I call an Elizabeth Taylor. Lots of marriages.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-12-2013

Good morning. It's 72° with 100% humidity. The high will be 85° and will feel like 96°.
[Image: cond006.gif][Image: cond60.jpg]

My 2¢, it's a good day to relax, watch some movies and get a massage.
[Image: squirellmassage1.gif]

There's nobody else here. Yes, I'm home alone. That's a welcome change. I may get started on writing that computer game today. Depends on how I feel later.

[Image: DSCN5370.jpg]

[Image: P1011603.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-12-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have a sunny 58 this morning.
Grass is wet from the morning dew but I need to get it cut as we have our monthly train club meet tonight.
I'll wait another hour and go to it I guess. Wanna sneak in a short nap before the meet.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-12-2013

Good morning all. Wow, it's hard to believe, but it's warmer in Michigan than in Arizona right now. We are still in the low-mid 50's, a good 7-10 degrees below normal. Our high will be in the mid-80's, also below normal. We'll take it.... 2285_

Still picking away at cleaning up my train room, It's hard to believe all the things you find that you forgot, or even didn't know, that you have. Still, when all is said and done, it'll get stored away in yet another spot that I will forget about it once again. 35 35 It happens to us all, that I'm sure of. Icon_lol