The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-22-2013

Good morning all. Not much happening here, I did get my train room cleaned up and organized, I even looked through the trash I swept up from the floor, but couldn't find even one of those little pieces that dropped down. Icon_lol I haven't a clue where they go. Nope Mini gremlins perhaps. Maybe they're building a layout somewhere in their world and need the parts. Wink

The temps for the next few days here are a bit high, nice mornings in the 50's, but up in the low 90's by the afternoon. Still, for us, that's not too bad for this time of the year.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 10-22-2013

Good afternoon all,

Cold and tiny bit of rain last night, weather guessors are calling for rain snow mix by Thursday.

no plans for the day just relaxing for a bit and then some organizing of some junk and books.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RB,

P. Addams, My first thought was a character played by Robin Williams the clown knowns as Patch Addams but then going with the theme it is more likely to be Puggsly Addams.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone heard of a line of kids trains called power trains? They look like a good start into train hobby for the young kids and seem affordable and run on batteries(2 AAA), there are two sets, several locos and rolling stock as well as extra track and an operating crane accessory in the line up at Target and K-mart, my interst in power trains is the cars as they look like they could be converted easy to run on "real" toy tracks, but would have to go see one in person to see what size they are for sure. what caught my eye is the rolling stock is sold in 2 packs($4.99) and 4 packs($9.99), they have several freight packs, some bullet train pass. cars and even subway cars and locos are in bullet train, desiel freight, and powere subway car.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-22-2013

AF350 Wrote:RB,

P. Addams, My first thought was a character played by Robin Williams the clown knowns as Patch Addams but then going with the theme it is more likely to be Puggsly Addams.

Ding, ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! It is Pugsley Addams. I've just about decided to put Gomez's layout in the secret room along with several cases of explosives.

Well I got the cottage programmed in then just for the heck of it added a porch and front, back and side yards for a total of thirteen program blocks amounting to ninety-seven lines of combined code or the equivalent of one hundred forty three individual lines of code. Either way it was a busy day and now I have a little bit of a headache. I put one of the Indian artifacts in the cottage as well as a very nasty little troll. For my next trick I'll put in the lake house next door. then the neighborhood will almost be complete. I also have to figure out where the hole in the fence around Mr Addams's garden will be and then decide if the character will go in or something will come out.

I had a visit from the guy who checks the termite traps (forty-two of them). He issued a clean bill of health. No termite activity. Always a good thing.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-22-2013

Busy day for me today. This morning and earl afternoon I worked on Native Fury. I got the cottage and it's grounds programmed in then this afternoon I keyed in the program blocks for the lake house just down the road from here. It makes a fine addition to the game. Naturally it's location and directional orientation is changed as are the order of some of the rooms and no personal information of any owner, past or present is listed, not even an address. I have one more location to add for part two. It's a home that burned down many, many years ago. When it's added in that'll wrap up part two.

My father called this evening and said that he and my step mother will be home sometime tomorrow.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010568.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2335.jpg]

[Image: P1310417.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-23-2013

Rainy morning. Actually just misty here. Did get a few days of shine [not moonshine] here this week.

Passing through here. Did sleep at home last night after Town Board. Going to lake house tonight to check things out as going to 32 degrees by Sat. morning. Coming back and going to deer camp [travel trailer at farm.] tomorrow night through Sat. noon. Coming back Sat. for Mayor's Free Family Movie Night at the middle School football field. Got big blowup screen, special projector and sound system. Everyone sits on their blankets or folding chairs on the field after dark and watches the movie.

Finished Frankie's 16X24 utility building. All trimmed and vinyl sided. Did that while baby sitting Oldest animals at her house. Worked out good as only 5 minutes from her house to his. He feed me hotdogs from Snoopy's a lot.

Hope all are doing OK.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-23-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 38 degrees. Looks like we had our first fall frost last night.
Well let's see yesterday I cut the front yard grass, the back looks ok so I left it till the next cut.
Friend Charlie stopped by after work and picked up the MTH catalog I had for him.
I still can't find anything in it that I must have.
Today just could be another do nothing day.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-23-2013

Good morning. It's 61° with 72% humidity. The high will be 75° and feel like 78°.
[Image: condsunny-1.jpg]

I spent the last few hours programming in the information for the last house in part two of Native Fury and the gateway to part three. I had intended for part two to be smaller than part one but it didn't work out that way. As you can see in the photo below the size of part two is nearly at the limit of a 64k machine and likely would be too large for a 48k machine without a RAM expander.

[Image: CopyofDSCN5474.jpg]

My father and step mother are due back sometime today. It's a five or six hour drive from where they were last night. My father will likely be pretty wiped by the time they get here.

[Image: P2060443.jpg]

[Image: P2030423.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-23-2013

Good morning folks, here we are at yet another Hump Day. Not sure how Wednesday got that connotation, possibly because it's in the middle and the high point of the workweek. :? Don't have that issue anymore.... Nope

Went to breakfast early, and I guess I should have worn a jacket. It was a bit chilly out, but highs are still going to be in the low 90's. We reached 92 yesterday, still missed the record by around 8 degrees though...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-23-2013

Well my father and step mother got in about three hours ago. Except being tired from the long trip they're doing fine.

No further work on Native Fury apart from that this morning. I have to come up with a grid and flowchart for part three, the final chapter. I haven't yet figured out where that's going to take place. At the end of part two the character opened a trap door in a closet and dropped into a shimmering swirling vortex. When and where he ends up is anybody's guess.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: PC060253.jpg]

[Image: PB220221.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2203.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-23-2013

Greetings, gang.

It's partly cloudy and 36 degrees. Overnight low is supposed to be about 28. We had drizzle to light rain off and on from Murdo, SD all the way home.

We spent the last week in Rapid City, SD visiting our daughter and her family. On Saturday night we took our grandson to a symphony while his mom and dad went out to celebrate their 10th anniversary. The orchestra was good but the music selection was less than stellar.

Chief - I remember visiting my grandparents when I was young and we would walk three blocks downtown to watch a movie projected onto the side of a building. Lots of fun. Make up a big bag of popcorn and sit on the grass and watch a movie.

Tomorrow is crash and burn for a day then on Friday we take a friend to her doctor appointment. My wife will stay with her at least until the end of next week. Meanwhile I'll be on my own for a few days. I won't be loafing though. Lots of leaves have come down since we left. I'll need to work on that on Saturday and Sunday because on Monday we're supposed to start getting more rain through the end of the week.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 10-23-2013

Well, we're home from New York City. Started the morning winterizing the RV in Canandaigua, then a fairly smooth drive along the turnpike (construction delay of 15 mins). No border hassles. Worst delay there was when I dug out my $5 for the bridge toll and it turned out to be $6.50 or something and I couldn't find my wallet! Dayle had hers available. Mine was stuck in the dash matching the black plastic.
Then the first thing I did at home was back the car out of the garage and catch the outside mirror on the door frame. That will probably cost.

We managed to ride 6 forms of public transit while there. I took some pictures with the iPod and I'll post some if I can figure out how.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-24-2013

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 35 this morning.
Getting ready for a trip to the grocery store.
HUMP DAY as explained to me: Yes middle of the week so you start humping towards the weekend getting things done by Friday.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-24-2013

Good morning. It's 57° with 89% humidity. The high will be 82° and feel like 85°.
[Image: condsunny-1.jpg]

Nailed another of Mickey's relatives under the kitchen cabinet this morning in one of the ever dependable cheese baited snap traps. The glue traps are clean.

Today I'll most likely be ironing out some bugs in part two of Native Fury. I'm thinking about what I'm going to do in part three. The character has so far found some of the pieces of the Indian artifact he's looking for but there are still some others that have to be located included the prized ceremonial headdress.

Been having a recurring problem with this computer the last couple of weeks. On startup it's developing a habit of reverting to it's defaulte CMOS values. It's the same thing every time so I'm pretty certain I need to replace the CMOS battery. It's only been in there for over ten years.

[Image: P2120456.jpg]

[Image: P1220390.jpg]

[Image: PC160290.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-24-2013

I've got the bugs in part two pretty much ironed out. The map below is the basic layout of the game field. Yellow areas are the road. Green areas are yards/forest/etc. The blue areas are the first rooms of structures. The numbers are the starting line numbers of each area shown. This is nowhere near all the map. Only about one-sixth as most of the rooms of the structures and additional parts of the yards and such aren't shown. It's just to give you an understanding of how the area is laid out.

[Image: Copyofpart2map.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-24-2013

Good afternoon, just a very pleasant day out right now. It's going for 2:30 here and we are over the forecast at 91°. We still have a few more hours to go a bit higher, but not over the record of 97 for this day. Driving around town, we can see more and more RV's and trailers coming in from out of state. Lines at the Post Office and stores are getting longer and it's harder to find a decent parking space in the parking lots, but then, that's the price we pay for our winter weather here. Big Grin