The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-02-2013

The fireworks make it pretty hard on dogs out here too. I have nothing to do with fireworks myself. To me it's just a waste of money.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-02-2013

I guess state law supersedes city law, otherwise most cities here would ban the selling of fireworks as well. It is incomprehensible that we pay these dum-dums what we do to make laws like this. You want to see fireworks displays, go to your local stadium where they know what they're doing. You want to annoy your neighbors, scare the dogs or set fire to the desert brush, go ahead a buy them. I'm guessing that it's like the lottery, those that participate are the ones that can least afford it. Some have always ignored fireworks and go one better by shooting guns in the air. That's not only dangerous, but totally illegal.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-02-2013

Hello Blue
We have a temp of 72, getting warmer later in the week.
Sorry no train news unless I forgot to tell you about the new Legacy GP35 video at detroit3railers.com
Grass needs cutting but I have a leg incision that is healing but sore. So the grass waits. Maybe tomorrow.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-02-2013

Got this big beast home today. Drove it all the way.

[Image: DSCN4182.jpg]

My nephew thought it was out of gas cuz when he tapped on the tank it sounded the same all the way down. DUH! It's full! He's used to listening to poly tanks. It has a steel tank. Different sound entirely. The problem turned out to be a bad coil. It tested OK when it was static and load tested on the diag machine but when you put the REAL load on it the thing wouldn't light up a Christmas light. Luckily I had an old one rolling around on the floor and it fired up with that. So I need to get a new coil for it. Could have been worse.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 07-02-2013

Hello all,

Play time is over for me for awhile as I start my new job July 8th 2285_ The very next day that I accepted a position I got 4 offers and a few come in and interview e-mails and phone calls Icon_lol Will be a 2nd shifter it will be an adjustment sleep wise. I think I made the right choice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RB, and other computer and ohms and volts kinds I have a story for you. One of my older PC's which is the back up PC should there be a major failure with the one I am using now. It faild during a test to see if it still worked fine. The screen went blank and the monitor power light was flashing, soon ruled out the monitor(an svga) and decided that it was the video card so I opened up the PC to inspect the video card to see if it was seated which it was then I saw someting funny about a couple capacitors so I removed the board and here are two pics of what caught my eye.

That was about be a case of 'THAR SHE BLOWS'!

Nothing special today other than that already reported. We had a surprise thunderstorm pop up this afternoon that wasn't in the forecast. Just means I drove home in the rain. Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN2784.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - v8vega - 07-02-2013

California gasoline tax went up 4 cents a gallon July 1st. Thats 4 cents more a gallon the rest of my life. Its now 73 cents tax each and every gallon total.
Starting now until the end of the 4th of July each evening my Border Collie runs around because of the fireworks and makes me nervous.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-03-2013

Good morning all. It's not even 5:30 yet and we're pushing 90. The record highest low for a day here was 96. There are times when it's 100° at midnight. I remember living here when A/C was a luxury. Going to Arizona State in the 50's, the dormitories still had "sleeping porches". When the nights where too hot, the residents would go out on these screened porches to sleep. I think those dorms have either since been converted to A/C, or torn down and replaced. 2285_

Speaking of taxes, a very unusual thing happened here a few weeks ago. Usually, when they impose a "temporary" increase in the sales tax, right about when it's set to expire, they find a way to make it permanent or find yet another reason to keep it going. Their reasoning is that we are use to the tax so we really won't notice or care that they've fooled us yet again. Well, a few years ago they asked us to vote on a 1% sales tax increase because of the financial crisis just about every state was in. Somehow, they screwed up and it expired on schedule. Thumbsup Thumbsup

My heart goes out to you in California, I'm sure the legislature figures with the high cost of gas in the first place, another four-cents a gallon won't be noticed. Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-03-2013

Good morning. It's 66° with 96% humidity. The high will be 92°.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg][Image: cond20.jpg]

Today I need to get the second half of the grocery shopping done. I also need to get a new ignition coil for the van but that can wait a bit. There's no layout work planned today. I'm going to have to make the park a bit bigger as the track will be running across the front of it. That part of the track will have to detachable so it and the park section can be lifted out to allow access to the a/c unit for cleaning/changing of the filter. That's going to be some interesting designing and building. In other news the junker Apple IIe I'm going to strip for parts is just about at the halfway point on it's trip from Chicopee, Ma. It should be here Friday.

[Image: DSCN4195.jpg]

[Image: P1011877.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-03-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 74 degrees.
I just finished cutting the grass and now to settle down and relax for awhile.
A nice chat last night with a couple of the guys but no other train news.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-03-2013

Well the van is parked in town again. Replacement coil worked great. However it doesn't help if the engine vapor locks. So later today or maybe tomorrow I'll go in with someone and we'll jump it off. Shouldn't have any problem starting it when the engine is cold. This is really starting to tick me off.

The van is back in my driveway. It was vapor locked as I said. After dinner my father and I went to the Wal-Mart parking lot in his truck and jumped it off. Like I told him, jump it, turn the key, press the start button and it fired on the first crank. It was a pleasant drive home. On the layout front, nothing new to report.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

Just a video tonight.
[Image: th_DSCN2732.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 07-03-2013

RB:
is the vapor lock only a problem when you try to restart it, or does it conk out when running?

I don't understand the infernal combustion engine. We had an RV that stopped running when it got warmed up; I think the problem was the fuel pump wiring being inadequate.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - v8vega - 07-03-2013

I got my carpet Steam Cleaned today the correct term is Hot Water Extraction. I am single and not a good housekeeper and spent considerable time and energy getting ready by cleaning behind and under the TV, computer, and furniture that never get cleaned.
I responded to a ad that said 3 rooms for $49.95 so I was taken aback when he gave me a estimate of $400. I got him down to $350 but if I could do it again I would have said I want to get another estimate. The carpet looks immensely better and my house is cleaner than its been in years.
The carpet hadn't been cleaned in years and I don't want to tell you how old it is, looks great now.
Later in the evening I got to wondering if he inflated the price and pocketed some of the money so I called the company and complained. They said he would call back and he did and he said after July 4 tomorrow he would talk to the company and see if he could get me a discount so I guess what I paid was legitimate.