The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - nachoman - 11-24-2013

I went to a nearby train show yesterday, 5 bucks to get in the door. I would estimate 10% of the tables had magazines and memorabilia or non-railroad toys, 45% was HO scale, 35% was N-scale, and 10% other scales. I hadn't seen such a high representation of N-scale in a long time. There were some good deals to be had, for sure, but I'm at a stage where I don't need much for my layout, don't want to spend too much, and just need scenery or whatever. I came home with 3 hon3 freight car kits at 5 bucks each. Considering they retail for about 15-20 each, that's not a bad deal.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-24-2013

Good Morning Blue
We started the morning at 12 degrees, we have sun and 20 now.
I did not leave the house yesterday, just stayed in and watched football.
Today is a Lions game which will include a nap somewhere in the middle.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-24-2013

nachoman Wrote:I went to a nearby train show yesterday, 5 bucks to get in the door. I would estimate 10% of the tables had magazines and memorabilia or non-railroad toys, 45% was HO scale, 35% was N-scale, and 10% other scales. I hadn't seen such a high representation of N-scale in a long time. There were some good deals to be had, for sure, but I'm at a stage where I don't need much for my layout, don't want to spend too much, and just need scenery or whatever. I came home with 3 hon3 freight car kits at 5 bucks each. Considering they retail for about 15-20 each, that's not a bad deal.

Good morning everyone. Yup, it's still a damp weekend here, as Kevin might know all about. Right now we're at about 2.5" of rain since Thursday, almost a record for November, but we've still got today and tomorrow with rain in the forecast. Lots of snow up north as well, keeping our temps low here. It's showing 50° still at 8:30 with highs suppose to be in the low 60's.

Yeah Kevin, I missed going yesterday but It wasn't just the rain that kept me away. It's been a few years since I have gone to that show, it seemed like all the same people had all the same stuff for sale, most of it at retail prices and very little N scale, and so I got tired of driving all that way, spending the admission fee and coming home empty-handed. You're right though, that is a nice increase of N scale for that swap meet, maybe I should have gone. I'll try to make the next one this Spring.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-24-2013

Good morning. It's 36° with 61% humidity. The high will be 48° and feel like 44°. Expecting rain tonight.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] this morning becoming [Image: condmc-1.jpg] this afternoon. Tonight there's [Image: cond50.jpg]

So far my only plans for today are to make Oliver's life difficult. The next coach in the train is an old one that has a corridor on one side of the car. Seating is in small compartments with six seats each. A car like takes longer to search and there's more places to hide items, bad guys and surprises.

Other than that I have no plans.

[Image: P1010907.jpg]

[Image: P1010901.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5639.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-24-2013

Well Oliver made it through the coach he was searching yesterday and is about to enter an old style coach that has seating compartments. Who's ever ridden in one of those? In this one there's a corridor down one side of the car going from one end to the other. The side of the corridor that fronts onto the seating area is lined with sliding doors. Each door allows access to a small compartment with two rows of seats, three seats to a row. The two rows face each other and there's a small table in between. If you want to play games or cards or have a snack you have to bring your own. There's room under the seats for small carry-ons and an overhead rack for things like briefcases, attaches, etc. There are small hooks on the wall to either side of the entryway to hang coats. If it's a deluxe compartment there are four seats, two to a row with a small storage compartment between the seats in each row. Again there's a small table between the two rows of seats but this time the table has a chess-checker pattern and has game pieces for chess and checkers and there's packs of cards for those who would rather play cards. There's also a call button for snacks and such. There's a lavatory at one end of the car and a small food service for tyhe deluxe compartments at the other end. Now that's my kind of railcar. A car like that probably never existed but in Oliver's adventure it exists.

NEWS FLASH! There's a terminator loose in the front half of the train! Oliver's life just got much more interesting!

Nothing much else went on today.

It's time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010856.jpg]

[Image: P1010813.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5647.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-25-2013

Good Monday morning folks. It looks like we're switching from wearing a light jacket to one a bit heavier since right now we're in the low 40's and the forecast calls for mid to high 40's as the lows for the rest of the week with highs in the 60's to low 70's. Just about normal for this time of the year, but it seems like just a few weeks ago we were looking at triple-digit highs. Our rain is gone, but because of all the rain this weekend, we did manage to make a new November record at over 2.5", that's a lot for here since we normally only get less than 10" a year.

RB: that circuit board looks like it was run hard and put away wet...or it really was in some water at one time in its life for sure. 219

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-25-2013

Morning. COLD!!!!! Yankee Cold! Coldest temp since last Feb. Turning a little warmer tomorrow so we don't get frozen stuff. Talking about inches of rain by tomorrow afternoon and tomorrow night. Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-25-2013

ezdays Wrote:RB: that circuit board looks like it was run hard and put away wet...or it really was in some water at one time in its life for sure. 219
Thirty+ years of dust combined with the camera flash will do that.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-25-2013

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy but warmer than yesterday. Right now it's 27 degrees with an expected high in the mod 30s.

Not much going on this early but a shopping trip is in our near future. I also need to go out and shovel the two inches of a "30% chance of snow with less than half inch accumulation expected." Thank you National Weather Service. Nope

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-25-2013

Good morning. Cold and wet here. 34° with 100% humidity. A high of 41° that will feel like 36°. And it's raining.
[Image: 44a1a726-f0d2-4c47-b045-21a6cd26c7da.jpg] with [Image: cond100.jpg] and tonight [Image: cond80.jpg]

It rained most of the night and is still raining and looks like it'll rain all day and through the night. Did I mention it's raining?

Today I'll see if I can get Oliver started on the old passenger car and program in some obstacles for him to overcome while he tries to get to the front of the train. He's already tried pulling the emergency stop cable. Somebody disconnected it. Isn't that lovely?

[Image: DSCN0252.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0239.jpg]

[Image: 600-0037.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-25-2013

Running Bear Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:RB: that circuit board looks like it was run hard and put away wet...or it really was in some water at one time in its life for sure. 219
Thirty+ years of dust combined with the camera flash will do that.

Yeah, I can see that now. At first it looked like corrosion from sitting in water for a while. I've seen boards like that, and usually they don't work either. Nope

ezdays Wrote:Yeah, I can see that now. At first it looked like corrosion from sitting in water for a while. I've seen boards like that, and usually they don't work either. Nope
Here's a better photo. The board on top is the 30+ year old Microsoft Z80 you saw in the photo. The bottom one is practically new, first time out of the box I think. It's a clone Z80 board. There's no hint whatsoever of who the maker was. I wasn't even looking for a Z80 when I found it in amongst a bunch of Apple II cards on Ebay.

[Image: DSCN5519-2.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-25-2013

Good Morning Blue
It is cloudy and 25 degrees
Back home from shopping, this better be the last trip before Thanksgiving..
Man it's cold out, going to be a loooog winter.
S.J.

So much for my plans today. My primary doctor called. He's moved my Wednesday appointment up to today! Pretty much screws up my plans for working on Oliver's adventure. At least I got one thing done. My Apple //e is set up to boot from slot 7. I'm working on Oliver's adventure (Native Fury) from slot 6 (default for the program) meaning I'd have to re-designate the slot from the keyboard via a DOS command such as 'CATALOG,S6,D1' or 'LOAD <filename>,S6,D1' or enter a PR#6 command to reboot the system from slot 6. I run the 'System Master' disk utilities from slot 7. So I wrote a new subroutine into the memory lookup program (displays how much memory a computer has). I then assigned that program as the boot program for that disk. This new subroutine displays the current slot and drive number. In this case S7, D1. The slot displayed is where that drives interface card is plugged in. If the program was booted from slot 6 it skips the subroutine and ends. If it booted from any other slot (2, 5 or 7) it then asks me if I want to reboot from slot 6. A simple 'Y' or 'N' is all that's needed. If 'N' then the program ends and the computer is happy to stay on it's currently assigned slot. If 'Y' it then reboots from slot 6. This also has to be done if I'm going to be using CP/M as the CP/M card will only recognize slot 6. I have other programs that also require that they be run from slot 6. Starfleet1 is one of those. Native Fury requires slot 6 because that's where it looks for it's program segments by default.