The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-03-2013

BR60103 Wrote:RB:
is the vapor lock only a problem when you try to restart it, or does it conk out when running?
Only on a restart and that's after it has been sitting for more than fifteen minutes. It will sometimes quit while I'm driving but that's due to a slightly flaky ignition switch. When that happens I just have to turn it to the off position then back to run and press the starter button and it starts right back up. There's no wiring to the fuel pump on mine. It an old school mechanical pump driven by the engine. No electronics in the ignition either. Old fashioned breaker points and condenser. It was originally electronic ignition but somewhere along the line somebody changed it over by switching out the distributor and putting on a non-electronic carburetor. Probably because the Lean-Burn electronic ignition system is one of the best fire starters ever made.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-04-2013

Good morning to all of you, and a Happy Forth of July to everyone in the USA. Have fun today, be safe and please don't forget to take a minute or so to reflect on this day and to think about what our forefathers did to lay the foundation for our country 237 years ago.

Temps are starting off a bit high today, 91 out and it's not even light out yet. Going out to the desert to do some target shooting. It'll be hot but I just bought one of those quick-up canopies to shade us from the sun. That should help. The only problem I found is that once we tried it out, we can't get it back into the carrying bag that it came with. Wallbang

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-04-2013

Good morning. It's 72° with 79% humidity. The high will be 92°.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

Nothing planned for today. The junk Apple IIe I ordered for parts is in Alexandria this morning. It should be here tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN2718.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-04-2013

Good Morning Blue
Everyone have a fun and safe 4th of July
It's a stuffy 73 degrees, I love summer so bring it on.
We had guys on chat last night from Mo. to NJ lasted till my bed time.
No other train news though.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-04-2013

Afternoon. Back from lake house to mow and do the Town's 4th thingy. Driving the train for the kids as usual. Fireworks are iffy with all the clouds around. Suppose to be scattered showers. We'll see. May go back late tonight or early tomorrow. Have a great 4th.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-04-2013

It was quiet here all day. I used the time to get a good amount of rest. Then about 8:40pm all heck broke loose as some of the neighbors let loose with the fireworks. They're setting off aome kind of big areal shells that are shaking my trailer. I'm doing my best to ignore it. I have very little to do with fireworks myself. To me they're just a waste of money. Today I took the time to label the disk drives of the Apple so they show the proper slot and drive designation and also what model they are. Apple drives are connected to one controller on slot six and the Franklin drives are connected to another controller on slot five. No work on the layout today.

Time for me to call it a night so I'll see y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN2706-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-04-2013

Back from Roseyville 4th thingy. Drove Thomas the Tank Train from 4 PM [when it started] until 8:55 PM. Why did I stop then as kids in line. Batteries went dead. Did get free red hotdogs with mustard, chili and onions. Now to rest and watch TV. Probably result in reclinerizing. Tired.

Sleep tight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 07-04-2013

Good evening all,

Has been a slightly soggy July 4th week.

Found a neat track planning program called SCRAM have not used it enough to be profiecient in its use yet but works well so far.

Went to a cook out today but spent most of it indoors Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - v8vega - 07-04-2013

Its July 4th evening and fireworks are going off constantly around my house. The larger ones sound like a bomb.
My poor high strung very active Border Collie is having a terrible night, I always let him stay in the house overnight on the 4th. He runs around constantly

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-05-2013

Good morning. It's 69° with 81% humidity. The high will be 92°.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg][Image: cond20.jpg]

It was noisy last night but I was able to ignore most of it and got some sleep. Nothing planned for today. The parts computer should be here today. The FedEx site says it's out for delivery. I may get some layout work in later.

What's left of my N Scale fleet from twenty-five years ago:
[Image: P1011794.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-05-2013

Good morning folks. We were lucky, I think the people that used to blow off fireworks in our neighborhood either moved out or they were fined since it's not legal to use them in our city, even though it's legal to sell them here. Anyway, we didn't hear them if they did blow them off. It was a nice day to go out target shooting though. I was surprised that there wasn't anyone else out there shooting seeing as how it was a holiday and most everyone was off work. It was a bit overcast and was still just around 100 when we finished. It was pushing 110 by the end of the day, but we go out early and are back usually by noon.

We have to be careful how much we shoot, ammo is still at a premium. I've gone by the sports counter at Walmart a bit after six in the morning (yeah, we shop early), and there were already 10 people in line waiting for the ammo to come out about an hour later. I was told that there's a smart phone app that you can look at what's being delivered to any Walmart that day, and so those with this app, only show up on days that they know there will be ammo. There's usually not much left when you are 11th or 12th in line though since they are very limited in what they get in the more popular calibers. I've seen where these same people are selling this ammo on "Back Page" for double their cost. The clerk at Walmart tells me these guys know before they do what's being delivered, and he says he's seen ammo being sold for up to four times what these people buy it for, and it sells at any cost. A box of 550 .22 caliber sells at Walmart for $25 when they have it. Apparently the same box sells for up to $100 by these "entrepreneurial" types. I think this is one reason for the ammo shortage right now. Curse

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-05-2013

Morning. Sun finally coming through. Had low clouds/fog. Got garden to pick and then back to lake house.

Days, our ammo is now coming in fairly well. 9MM is the main one that is short in stock. .22 off and on. .17 HMR is now OK. Got to get out and shoot in all my Remington 700's. Had them glass bedded and blocked. Should not be far off though.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-05-2013

Chief,

.22, 9MM, .38, .380, .45 and .223's are all in short supply. I think it would be smart to go out a buy like a 7MM gun, just because they have ammo on he shelf for it. Even shotshells are hard to find. Walmart used to sell a package of 4 boxes of 25 12 ga shells for about $20, now they sell individual boxes of 25 for about $7 each. I'm sure that Homeland Security ordering some 2.5 billion rounds has nothing to do with the shortage. Nope 35

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-05-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have a hazy 72 degrees. Very stuffy.
Lot's of noise last night, sounded like the 4th of July around here.
A chat with Charlie till things quieted down around midnight. Then Off to bed I went.
No train news yesterday.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-05-2013

The junker Apple IIe arrived. I've already tested it. Everything works incuding the power supply which is the main piece I was wanting. I'll put that in my mothers old IIe that has the power supply with the bad power regulator. I now have a new cover for my IIe as well as a spare keyboard, main board and case not to mention the replacement pop-out tabs I need for mine.

In other news there's nothing else happening here so no news is good news.