The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 12-01-2013

Thanks for the info.... Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-01-2013

FiatFan Wrote:Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 27 with a high in the low 40s.

Not a good night last night. I was carrying some stuff downstairs and noticed a rust spot on the basement floor. Further investigation revealed a drip in the main water line coming into the house. I put some gasket material and a hose clamp over it and it's holding for now. Tomorrow I will be calling some plumbers to see what it will cost to fix it. I'll probably have all the water pipes replaced as most of it is galvanized pipe and quite old.All stay safe (and dry).

Tom
Please do. Probably filled with rust. Mine in this 1940 built house was galvanized. Before we bought it, they had replaced them with copper. Except where they went through the walls to upstairs bath and etc. Well, we rebuilt downstairs bath [they took the walls out] so plumber got old galvanized out and fished in the new stuff. Old galvanized was about stopped up with rust. Big difference in water flow now. Good luck.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 12-01-2013

Kev
I used the Pex plastic to re plumb my house in places (the lines had froze and burst). I didn't have the tool to do the banding and for a small job it would have been too expensive. I used shark bite fittings and they went direct to what copper was salvageable and even go direct to PVC. f I had a plumber do the job I would insist on the plastic. It is called Pex tubing. Some plumbers around here insist on copper still. Copper is inferior to the PEX in my opinion because of the plastic's resistance to bursting. It retains heat longer too keeping the hot water hot.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 12-01-2013

Today I got some debugging work done on Oliver's adventure. This time I saved the changes as I went along. I also programmed in two more compartments, #'s 4&5. He may be able to find some things in them. Still got compartments 3,2,& 1 to go and then the deluxe compartments D1, D2, D3 and D4. Yes, this is a good sized luxury passenger coach.

I got the Varney/Athearn F3 back together. Nothing to it.

Tomorrow I have to go to Oakdale to get my foot looked at. Nothing serious. Just routine.

Well it's time to call it a night. See y'all sometime tomorrow.

[Image: PB240226.jpg]

[Image: PB220221.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5685.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - zstripe - 12-02-2013

Hi, Blue,
Not much, going on today! Especially, at this early hour, but that's why, I like it, nice and peaceful.
I really only have one important, thing to say.
That, I agree with, KRM,,The Bears, suck!! 35
Cheers,
Frank,zstripe

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-02-2013

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 34 degrees headed about 10 degrees north of that.

Quiet day yesterday. Today I'll be talking to plumbers getting estimates on new water lines for the house. To all who responded, thanks for the tips. My wife and I had been talking about replacing the lines for some time, even to the point of drawing up a preliminary bill of materials. I was considering both pvc and pex tubing but hadn't decided which way to go.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-02-2013

Good morning everyone, I hope you all survived the holiday weekend unscathed and still with some degree of sanity. Thumbsup The newspaper and TV ads are still filled with "doorbuster" Black Friday specials even though it's now Monday, and now we're also inundated with "Cyber Monday" stuff even as early as Friday. Icon_lol These are mostly the same people, Best Buy, Barnes and Noble, Rockler, Walmart, Target and a few others. Last week it was, "come to our store", this week it's, "come to our website". Oh well, we just do what we usually do around this time of the year.... Popcornbeer

Temps are a bit chilly here right now, we're still in the mid-40's and expect to see a 10 degree drop later on this week. Yeah, it does get down to freezing here at times.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 12-02-2013

Good morning. It's 61° with 100% humidity and patchy fog. The high will be 72°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg]

It won't be too much longer til I head out for Oakdale to Oakdale to have the calluses on my foot filed down.

My father and stepmother are outside trying to chase down a rat they saw out by the dryer vent. It doesn't look like they're having much success.

Did some Christmas shopping yesterday. Nope, didn't go anywhere. Did it all from right here. So far that involves a pair of shoes, a DVD and a 1/25 scale model car. That takes care of my father, BIL and nephew. Now I need to find out what to get for my sister, my niece and her husband. For the moment they're as tight lipped as a bunch of clams with lockjaw.

[Image: DSCN2265.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2201.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5692.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 12-02-2013

zstripe Wrote:Hi, Blue,
Not much, going on today! Especially, at this early hour, but that's why, I like it, nice and peaceful.
I really only have one important, thing to say.
That, I agree with, KRM,,The Bears, suck!! 35
Cheers,
Frank,zstripe

Not as bad as the Packers..!! Curse

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-02-2013

Morning. Partly cloudy and real warm. 70's by Thursday.

Busy day. County Commissioners, Christmas tree lighting and then Town Board.

Tomorrow is suppose to be a day off. Icon_lol

Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-02-2013

We have some sun and 37 degrees.
I had a non train related busy morning.
So now it's time to settle down and relax.
No train news today.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 12-02-2013

Good evening all,

Hard day at work they kept me busy the whole shift, work so hard I was wet with sweat from head to toe. I think I may have lost a pound or two Icon_lol

Win 8 and my Kodak all in one printer are not getting along very well had to reinstall drivers and update them then a printer head adjustment and test page now it is working fine for now anyway.

RB,

I see no problem with the apple IIe updates.

Going to rest most of tomorrow and take care of some plumbing issues at parents house(I really hate plumbing).

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 12-02-2013

Made it to Oakdale and back. The doc trimmed away the calluses and said the foot is looking great. He even trimmed the nails.

No progress whatsoever on Oliver's adventure.

Time for me to call it a night. New med my doc has on (Onglyza) has me feeling strange. It's used for controlling high blood sugar and it has some nasty side effects. See y'all sometimne tomorrow

[Image: PB090193.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2191.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5639.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-03-2013

Greetings, gang.

It's cloudy and 30 degrees outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 40s again today and then it all goes downhill this evening. Winds will switch around to the north and temperatures will be dropping throughout the day tomorrow with some light snow possible.

Wife and I went shopping yesterday. Nothing special except at Menards where I found '100 Greatest Terror Classics" and "100 Greatest Sci-Fi Classics" for $12 each. Then in the afternoon we made some calls to get estimates on getting the water pipes replaced. I'll know more about the cost possibly later inn the week.

A word of caution here: wife had the tv on in the kitchen as I wandered through. They were advertising some garment which is supposed to give a person a "sculpted" fanny. Wife asked if her fanny was sculpted. It's ok to say yes but just stop there. Do not add "but so is Mount Rushmore." The remainder of the conversation is left as an exercise for the reader.

All stay safe.

Tom