The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-14-2013

Morning all and the Brit too. Rainy and warming. May have a T'storm. Nothing much going on today. KEV, looks like you are ready with the JD. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-14-2013

And a very pleasant Saturday morning to you all. Thumbsup Just a bit chilly right now, mid-40's, but pushing 70 later today. Looking at the forecast it shows that we'll be pushing 80 by early next week, then rain on Friday. Gee, not again, Icon_lol that's how we plan our outdoor activities by picking the days they say it'll rain, we're pretty assured of a nice sunny day. Goldth

I hope everyone has a nice weekend, and I hope you aren't knee deep in snow, unless you like it that way. 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 12-14-2013

Kev...Those pictures remind me of my days in Wisconsin....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-14-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have an all day snow and 17 degrees.
I am in a post-op mode here trying to let my surgery heal so I will miss tonight's club meet and tomorrows Christmas train show.
Only news from this house is the freakin snow.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 12-14-2013

Mummm, white stuff! Please keep it away from here.
[Image: 7120_271604_280000004.png]

Good morning. It's 54° with 97% humidity and patchy drizzle. The high will be 60°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg][Image: cond058.gif]

Not much going on today. Don't really feel like working on the computer today. This afternoon my father and I will be going to Wal-Mart to do some grocery shopping. Gold Bond powder is on the list. I should be able to walk from the car to the store without too much of a problem as long as I use my cane. It feels like I need a pad in the front of the socket though as I can feel some pain on the front of my knee.

[Image: P1011440.jpg]

[Image: P1011378-1.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5498.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-14-2013

Greetings, gang.

Clearing and cold this morning. Right now it's 12 degrees out. When I got up at 6:30 it was 16. So another less than promising day is in store for us.

We've been out and about already this morning. Got most of the Christmas packages shipped today. Only have one left to ship to oldest granddaughter and it may wind up being delivered rather than shipped as it is somewhat fragile.

Next up is cleaning up the house and preparing supper for daughter and her husband. It will be our first Christmas of the season. Right now it looks like there will only be two this year. Some years it's as many as four celebrations of Christmas.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 12-14-2013

Good snowy afternoon, well it was snowy but now cold rain and slush that will refreeze overnight more than likely.

As long as the roads are passable by Thursday and Friday, they changed my schedule again next week I am 1st shift for Thursday and Friday 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ the days do not matter much just so long as I do not work a second shift followed by a first shift the next day Icon_lol

A hopper came by UPS yesterday from ATLAS O it is full scale length for O scale.

I did get a bonus from work, lost half of it in taxes Curse

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 12-14-2013

Icon_lol RB - You don't have time to play with the trains

Too Funny!!!! Goldth Goldth Goldth Goldth Goldth

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 12-14-2013

ngauger Wrote:Icon_lol RB - You don't have time to play with the trains

Too Funny!!!!
Nope. Oliver didn't have time to play with the trains. Now he's spending a lot of time trapped inside a model train on an HO layout. Can he make it to the front of the train to stop it and maybe get back to the real world? Or will he be trapped on that layout forever?

Went to Wal-Mart today to do some grocery shopping and give the leg some 'road time'. It felt good to walk from the car to store and vice versa. While in the store I did the smart thing and got a ride-on cart. No way am I up for that much walking. Boy the store was packed but I was able to get everything I went there for. We came back home and I carried my own groceries for the first time in five months. After all that I took the leg off, wiped out the inside of the socket and applied some Gold Bond body powder to it and stuck it back on. I got the extra strength triple action stuff. It's mostly talc. It also has menthol so I shouldn't have an itch there and it has zinc oxide as a skin Protectant. It feels better now than it did with the corn starch baby powder. I've had the leg on most of the day and it's hardly noticeable. Just when I stand up as the joint passes about 40-45° there's a little pain.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 12-14-2013

Had Railway club meeting this afternoon. 15 miles away. Snowy day and the roads were "snow covered to center-bare". We had a full turnout of members from Guelph and only 2 members from farther (but not much!) Most brought their wives as well.

Show and tell included a paper kit for a parking garage. Builder's comment was that he forgot to put the cars in and can't get them in now. A suggestion of putting police tape across the entrance.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 12-14-2013

BR60103 Wrote:Show and tell included a paper kit for a parking garage. Builder's comment was that he forgot to put the cars in and can't get them in now. A suggestion of putting police tape across the entrance.

What is the origin of the paper parking garage kit? any pictures there of? HO scale?

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 12-14-2013

AF350 Wrote:
BR60103 Wrote:Show and tell included a paper kit for a parking garage. Builder's comment was that he forgot to put the cars in and can't get them in now. A suggestion of putting police tape across the entrance.

What is the origin of the paper parking garage kit? any pictures there of? HO scale?

It's downloadable. One of the British suppliers. He built it in OO gauge but it may be variable on the printer. I'll check.

Edit: Scalescenes <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.scalescenes.com/products/T035-Multi-storey-Car-Park">http://www.scalescenes.com/products/T03 ... y-Car-Park</a><!-- m -->
(another supplier is <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.kingswaymodels.com">www.kingswaymodels.com</a><!-- w --> ) I've never built from either.

Still got the leg on after putting new powder in six hours ago and it's still feeling good. The only time I feel any pain is when I stand up. It's just a little twinge on the left side of my knee.

No work on Oliver's adventure today.

We've got quite a bit of wind blowing through down here. Sounds like it's gusting about 25mph from the northwest. Forecast says 32° tonight. Did somebody leave the door open up north? Y'all might wanna kick it shut.

Time to shut this thing down and head for the bed. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1011382-2.jpg]

[Image: P1011356-1.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5503.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-15-2013

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and cold again today at 9 degrees with a high of only 15 and a 40% chance of snow this afternoon.

RB - glad to hear you're making such good progress with the new leg.

Dinner with daughter and husband last night went well. Today is going to be a day of rest fir the both of us. We got all the presents mailed out and nothing is pending other than maybe making some cookies later.

All stay safe.

Tom