The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-06-2015

Good Morning Blue
Cloudy and 23 degrees but it feels much colder.
Haircuts and a quick errand was this mornings menu.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 02-06-2015

Hello all,

Crazy weather here lots of fluctuation in the temperature last few days. Last night was in the teens for a high I think , supposed to be in the 40's Saturday .

I had some garage door problems awhile back, the walk in door(made of wood) would swell up at the bottom and would drag and catch on the floor. Took door down and used a wood plane to shave just a tiny bit off the bottom.

Train wise nothing new here other than a train show I might go to on Sunday as I work Saturday.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 02-06-2015

ezdays Wrote:Good morning everyone, still morning here, and it's right at 70 degrees and heading to the low 80's. Record high temps forecast in a few days. I had to kind of rub that in since some of you are experiencing record lows.

There's no escape ! ! :x :x One to Three feet of snow on the ground, and bitter cold -------------
Then, I go to my Daughter's blog, and see my twin Grandsons, riding their tricycles on the driveway, in shorts and "T" shirts, not all that far from Don's ( Chandler ), and here, the reminder of 70 degree weather.
There is, however an "up-side", the snow has a tendency to "muffle" all the train and traffic noise, and the door to door sales goons, aren't quite as many, selling subscriptions to "Dumb S omething" magazine, or begging for contributions to help support the "nonproducers" or worse, their churches !
Spring is not that far off now, and soon all the snow will cry, "I'm melting, I'm mel l l ting" Icon_twisted 357 357 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-06-2015

Sumpter250 Wrote:There's no escape ! ! :x :x One to Three feet of snow on the ground, and bitter cold -------------
Then, I go to my Daughter's blog, and see my twin Grandsons, riding their tricycles on the driveway, in shorts and "T" shirts, not all that far from Don's ( Chandler ), and here, the reminder of 70 degree weather.
There is, however an "up-side", the snow has a tendency to "muffle" all the train and traffic noise, and the door to door sales goons, aren't quite as many, selling subscriptions to "Dumb S omething" magazine, or begging for contributions to help support the "nonproducers" or worse, their churches !
Spring is not that far off now, and soon all the snow will cry, "I'm melting, I'm mel l l ting" Icon_twisted 357 357 357

Like I said, I won't rub it in, just because I've been outside in my short-sleeve shirt and no jacket, doesn't mean I'm laughing at your predicament. Nope However, we have no snow to slow those PITA's from ringing our doorbell, so I've found this sign we have posted just above the doorbell to be most effective. BTW, there is indeed a camera where I say it is.... Does it work? Hey, only I know that for sure. 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-06-2015

Evening. At hotel in Concord, NC near Bass Pro Shop and Charlotte Motor Speedway [which is in Concord]. Working an event at BPS. Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - dbaker - 02-07-2015

Good Evening,
Haven't posted in a few days, actually been working in the train room. Mostly routine stuff nothing real exciting. Realize most of you guys are HO, but I looked at the newest Lionel catalog, and wow..... Can't believe the pricing.

Had a cold last week, sure took the wind out of my sails for a few days. But, now over all that and getting around some. I'm recovering from a broken leg. In August of 2013, I fell out of the cab of a steam engine. (I work at Knott's Berry Farm, and am Engineer/Fireman on a DRG C19 Consolidation.) After 4 surgeries and various sets of hardware, finally think we have a working scenario. Will find out by the end of the month.

All in all life is good.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-07-2015

Good morning all, I hope you have a fine, fun-filled weekend planned. No snow to shovel and stuff like that. If you can't get outside, then maybe you'll be trapped in your trainroom and can have a fun day there. Big Grin Me, we're headed out to the desert to do a bit of target shooting. Shoot High temps for the next week or so will be mostly in the 80's. The weather lady on TV says we have some rain in store, but I don't see any on the Weather Channel charts so again, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

In the meantime, we're just about back to normal from our aborted move. I now have to take my former train room/converted bedroom, and turn it back into my train room. So far I have the layout base in place and I'm starting to build a new workbench. A pity, but along with my old layout, I cut my 6" workbench in half and everything went into the landfill. I should not have done that, but it's done and gone, so I'm on my way to a new, but smaller one. One thing I don't plan on doing though is to attach and paint a backdrop on the walls. Nope It took a couple of days to remove the old one and to put the walls back looking like they should for a bedroom again.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-07-2015

Morning. Temps to 60 today and 65 tomorrow. Off to the store.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-07-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 27 headed for a high of sunny and 44. Looks to be a nice weekend.

I made a trip to Walmart yesterday to stock up on necessities then went to the gym. On tap for the weekend is to start cleaning up the house. Sister-in-law and her husband are coming for a brief visit next weekend.

We took a tour of Charlotte Motor Speedway many years ago including a ride a round the track. It's interesting when you are going around the banked curves it looks like you are going uphill.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-07-2015

Good Morning Blue
Cloudy as usual. 31 degrees.
Above 32 today and tomorrow then back down she goes.
No new snow in the past few days but we have enough to last till April.
Had a chat with RT one of Blues posters, he's in the hospital but seems to be doing ok.
Some kind of colon infection.
Me thinks I will stay in today, nothing on my plate to cause me to venture out.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 02-07-2015

Had an interesting situation today. Two streaks down the windshield, right in front of the driver -- looked like the ones where washer fluid runs down. Except they didn't clean off with washing.
So, after a day or so, I attacked them with glass cleaner and paper towel. No change. Couldn't even move them with a fingernail. Start to worry: what could have gotten into the glass like that?
After we got home again, I tried with a scrubber from the kitchen (yes, Dayle gave it to me). Then one last try: inside the windshield. Came off perfectly.

New perplexing problem: How do you get stuff running down the inside of a windshield?

Other than that, I'm working on a station (rail) entrance. Most of it is going down right on the baseboard (Homasote) with no roadbed, so I needed some ramps down 3/16". I found a way. Take a sheet of 2" styrofoam insulation and some 1" wide stripwood.* Pin the strip wood to the styrofoam on both sides to make the ramp, running from 3/16" in at one side to the edge at the right spot. Make sure the grain goes the same way on both sides. Take your hot wire cutter and run it down the wood strips to cut a lovely ramp with a feather edge. Shift the wood (and turn it around) and you can cut off another ramp in the other direction.
* Don't use balsa. I could only get that and the wire lifts splinters and gouges nicks in it. We need a better hobby shop in town than the art store.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-08-2015

Morning all. Packing up in Charlotte and heading home. Got Law Enforcement Appreciation Day at Rville. Have to be home by 1. Have good day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-08-2015

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 34 degrees this morning with a high in the 40s. The 10 inches of snow we got last weekend is down to about 4 inches.

David - do you have a leak around the windshield?

Chief - don't drive too fast. Wouldn't ant you to get a ticket.

On tap for today is more house cleaning prior to visit by sister-in-law and her husband. Tomorrow is chemo day. Then a 2 week break before we start chemo again.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-08-2015

Good morning all. A bright, clear warm day in store for here. We've been in the low to mid 80's for a few days now, and will apparently stay that way through next weekend. The rain that was forecast for this week is being driven up north by some big blue whirling thing with a big "H" in the middle, :o hovering over New Mexico and Arizona. At least that's the way they showed it on the TV map yesterday... Misngth . I may not always be impressed with those TV weather reporters (some are actually "broadcast meteorologists") and their accuracy or style, but I am impressed that they can stand in front of a blank green screen and pretend that the map or chart is right there. They have three monitors around to help them, but still, it takes a lot of practice to appear to be looking at the map rather than the monitors. We watched "Groundhog Day" last week and that's how the movie starts, with him in front of a blank "blue screen" doing the weather report.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-08-2015

Hello Blue
Cloudy as usual. 40 degrees.
Much colder tomorrow.
So much snow on the ground I can't tell if any melted or not.
No train news so TA-TA for now.
S.J.