The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-09-2015

Morning all. Back home from Charlotte BPS. Had a great Law Enforcement Appreciation Day Reception yesterday afternoon. A lot of new residents attended. Was a great event. Sold blue bows for door, mailboxes and etc. Lots of food. Had a call from Lionel Customer Service young lady I talked to at Lionel Factory Store. Going return her call soon.

Lunch meeting and then relax [no such thing].

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-09-2015

Good morning everyone, I hope this is the start of a great week for you all. I have to admit, these weather-people never cease to amaze me. Phoenix is suppose to have a record 85 today (2 TV stations and the Arizona Republic newspaper), surpassing the previous record of 84 (1981).... well, unless you look at the record that the Weather Channel shows as 87 (1951) :o :? :? Seeing as how I'm paying for the newspaper, I'm going with their data. Big Grin

I might do a few more things on building my new workbench. So far this week it looks clear, with time to do what I want to do, especially with the outstanding weather for all this week. Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-10-2015

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 27 right now with freezing rain headed our way. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 30s so hopefully the rain won't cause too much trouble at least here in town. Less traveled roads outside of town may get nasty.

Chemo went well yesterday. Next chemo is in 2 weeks. Our doctor is going on vacation for three weeks so we'll be seeing a different doctor. We've met him before so no surprises.

Not much on tap for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-11-2015

Good morning all, 'tis Hump Day yet again. It's kind of hard to believe that we're into the middle of February already, three days away from Valentines Day. They had some numbers on the TV news the other day about how much the average person spends on Valentine gifts and from my recollection, it was well over $100. Boy, that must be some expensive Valentine cards they're buying. Eek Oh yeah, there are those out there that can afford a diamond necklace or dinner at a high-class restaurant or even those that give new yachts or cars that tip that $100+ average. Icon_lol I'm betting that most folks spend well less. I don't know what we'll do, but maybe dinner at the Outback may be our thing since I think I still have one of their $5 off coupons. Big Grin

Temp-wise, we've been in the mid-80's the past few days, no records, but close. We'll have another shot at that come Saturday when it's suppose to get up to 84.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-11-2015

Morning all. Yesterday was full of meetings and rushed schedule. Got home last night and had phone calls. I hope I'm "off" today. Sunny and warmer. Turning colder by Friday. REAL cold during the weekend and early next week. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-11-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 25 degrees outside my window this afternoon and that's as warm as it's going to get for the next several days.

Had a busy morning. Meeting with financial planner then a trip to the gym. When I got home the home health care nurse was here. After she left I fixed lunch for My Fair Lady. This afternoon will be low key. Tomorrow I need to head to Menards to restock the cupboards which are getting pretty bare.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 02-11-2015

Good afternoon all.

Not much on the schedule for today, watched Happy feet two last night on DVD as with most sequels not as good as the first.

Weather-----It is winter, it is cold it is Ohio Icon_lol

The one bad side to clear roads around here is that the pot holes are beginning to show up everywhere.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-11-2015

AF350 Wrote:Good afternoon all.

Not much on the schedule for today, watched Happy feet two last night on DVD as with most sequels not as good as the first.

Weather-----It is winter, it is cold it is Ohio Icon_lol

The one bad side to clear roads around here is that the pot holes are beginning to show up everywhere.

Agree with you on Happy Feet 2. I think we watched about 20% of it before we turned it off. One sequel though that is as good as the original was the one we were watching last night, Despicable Me 2. There is another sequel in store and I can't see how that cannot be a success as long as they give those Minions a lot of air time. 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-12-2015

Morning. Sunny and warm. Suppose to be cold by dark. Up and down for a few days and then real cold Sunday. Off to Richmond VA Bass Pro Shops tomorrow until Sunday. Lionel emailed me a label for free UPS shipping for Y6B. Repairs free too. Can't beat that. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-12-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and +1 this morning with a supposed high of 14. I don't think it will get that warm.

Back from Walmart and the cupboards are full again. Next up is a trip to the gym. This afternoon I'll finish cleaning for sister-in-law and her husband's visit tomorrow. Also on the list is some laundry.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-13-2015

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 16 with an expected high in the low 30s. Then tomorrow it's back in the deep freeze.

Not much on the agenda for today other than entertain My Fair Lady's SIL and her husband. They plan to arrive by lunch time and should be on the road again by supper. After that, there will be lots of resting.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-13-2015

Morning. Sunny and cold. High tomorrow 50's. High Sunday 28. Crazy. Off to Richmond VA Bass Pro Shops. Have a warm, safe weekend.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-13-2015

Good morning all. Yet another week is coming to a close. Today the stores are stocked up on Valentine candy and cards, come Monday and they'll start putting out the Easter stuff even before the start of Lent. Gotta make a buck I guess....

Spent the day yesterday up in the Sedona area. We never go there without spending some time at the Chapel of the Holy Cross, planted high up in the red rock hills. Sedona is noted for its vortexes and there are lots of believers around. Some people say that the Chapel is built on a vortex... who knows, it's just one peaceful place to spend some time at, plus the views from there are outstanding. The temps weren't bad either, high 60's and all traces of snow were gone.

BTW, this is a shot of the real Chapel, the one I have in our Gallery is a shot of the model I made for my N scale layout. The layout is gone, but I saved the model to put on my new one. The other photos were taken from the back side of the Chapel.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 02-13-2015

Good morning all.

Temp. 18 but real sunny out. I did hear some birds chirping this morning might have been a cardinal.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EZdays,

great pics Thumbsup

I have a book and a DVD on the subject of chapel cars(passenger cars converted to mobile chapels) most were various protestant and a few catholic sponsored efforts. The idea was to take word to those who worked on the railroad and to the towns that sprung up along the rails and had no other religious venue. I think the book was called Gospel tracks threw Texas, they traveled all over the country. I liked the book so much I bought one for a neighbor who was looking for a gift for a preacher she knew they were both from the south and had a railroad working family. Any way will look and see what the titles are.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not much else going on here train wise just trying to keep warm indoors.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 02-13-2015

Here are the titles of the book and DVD I mentioned in my previous post.

The book is called 'Gospel tracks through Texas' ISBN #1-58544-434-0

The DVD is 'Railway to Heaven' ISBN #0-936206-76-4