The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 02-26-2015

Boy..!! You guys have all the fun...We've had to put up with temps in the mid-70's/low 80's and clear blue skies...
There's a chance for showers tonight and tomorrow.. Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 02-26-2015

New snow last night. If my neighbor hadn't trudged out to his garage, there wouldn't have been a trace of human activity.
All that had been buried by the new snow.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-27-2015

Good Friday morning to you all, we're getting ready for a wet weekend here. Kinda looking forward to it, although it might screw me up since I'm working on building a new workbench in my garage for my train room. I still have boxes of stuff that I packed a few months ago when we thought we were going to move and I need someplace to sort it all out so I can start working on my new layout.

Lot's of excitement here yesterday, it even hit the national news, and was very popular worldwide on Twitter for a while. It seems as if a few llamas got free and were running around Sun City for about three hours. What the heck llamas were doing in Sun City is puzzling at best, but they were there and were finally rounded up cowboy style. All this took place just a few miles from our house, but I missed it all until I saw it on the news and they ran the roundup a few time. Nay, I didn't count, but I'm guessing that in just one newscast, they ran the video a good ten times, then repeated it over and over again an hour later. Wallbang Do they do that because they don't think you can grasp what's going on the first few times, or do they do that because they just need to fill in some time and don't want to find something else that's newsworthy? 35

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-27-2015

Morning. Sunny and melting. Really blessed, We never lost power. Most of the town did. Some areas were without power late last night. Everyone has had problems since Duke bought out Progress Energy. Their past rep for recovery and environmental is horrible.

Hope all are OK. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-27-2015

Greetings, gang.

Clear and cold at - 9 after an overnight low of -13. wind chill right now is -18. High for today is supposed to be +9.

Quiet day yesterday. I need to go out today to get a few things from Walmart and a prescription refill for My Fair Lady. All other activities will be restricted to indoors.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 02-27-2015

great to see every one enjoying themselves 2285_ , :hey: and complimenting the weather - but best of all enjoying BIG BLUE Cheers

finally made a start in layout's , Roundhouse Creek - its one of my door layouts and because of its size (7 ft 6 inch X 3 ft ) is house bound Goldth

Alan

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-28-2015

Sunny and cold. Will be back warm tomorrow. Off to a luncheon as a Mayor thing. Saying it will be 70 next week. Have a great weekend.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-28-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and cold again this morning. Right now it's 0 after an overnight low of -11. High for today is supposed to be about 20. Snow chances start tonight and last through Tuesday night. The National Weather Service is claiming temps in he 30s by next weekend.

Not much on the agenda for today. Too darn cold.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Canadian Atlantic Railway - 02-28-2015

Sunny but cold. Going up on the roof to clean out the ice in my eves trough and downspouts.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 02-28-2015

good day all Blue-er's ! its a cold wet and windy last Day of February here in north east UK , had a walk to the pound / dollar shop and bought a couple of storage box's , with 3 drawers about 4 x 6 inch , these are ideal for the small bits you have in the train room .

stay safe and well .... Alan

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-28-2015

Good morning all. A bit chilly and damp out right now. We are just about 60 out and it's been sprinkling here on and off all morning. My son lives about five miles from us and he says that it was pouring out where he is. We're looking at anywhere between 10 and 100% chance of rain from now through Wednesday. I just finished painting my new trainroom workbench, and yeah, it's taking a bit longer to dry, but I can live with that. Better doing something like that here rather than in Boston or Philly where the paint probably wouldn't dry until around June..... 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 03-01-2015

Good early morning all,
this week has been awful, a seal decided to leak my oil on the truck, took it in for a checkup and oil/oil filter change once they fix the leak. Work is kinda slow but steady. Had to borrow moms car today which had to have a new battery as the old one would not hold a charge probably the combination of the cold and not having been driven in awhile.

Mostly cold with a tiny bit of snow/rain mix soon.

It is fish fry season 219 Popcornbeer Cheers

A lot of churches frying fish and the VFW near here also fries fish a good part of the year, but the best fish fry is in Ashville Ohio at the 4th of July carnival thing they have every year.

I finally got O' brother where art thou on DVD.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-01-2015

Good morning all. Here we are into March already. Don't know where January and February went though. :o It rained on and off all day yesterday, mostly light showers and not enough to leave any puddles around, at least in our neighborhood. Nope Today there's a good chance of rain (80%) and an even better chance tomorrow (100%). I did get my train room workbench painted and assembled. I still need to add a couple of shelves and power strips to it and buy some of those plastic storage drawer units...again. :cry: I had several of those on my old workbench, but sold them when we were planning on moving. I also got rid of several 60-drawer parts cabinets. Oh well, we did thin things out during that last yard sale, just now I've got to replace some of it before I can start unpacking several boxes of stuff from my train room and layout. I think that the next time we decide to move, the Realtor is going to have to accept the fact that I have a model train layout in one room and a woodworking shop out in the garage. I'm getting way too old to do this again like this... Icon_lol Hey, if the price is right, we'll just leave everything behind and start fresh in our new house. 2285_

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-01-2015

ezdays Wrote:Don't know where January and February went
And I really don't care where. Good riddance!

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 18 headed for 28 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa.

Nothing on today's agenda. I received a couple of batches of pictures from my older son last night. He's been in Kuala Lumpur this past week and is now traveling to Jakarta for meetings this week.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-01-2015

Morning. Tom at it again. Some freezing rain. Suppose to warm up by noon. What happened to the 50's forecasted two days ago???? Hope all have a great week ahead.

Stay warm and safe.