The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-22-2015

Good Morning Blue
24 degrees but the sun is shining and the snow is long gone. I am happy.
March is almost gone but the winter months seem to drag on forever.
No train news.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 03-22-2015

Hello all.

Spent the better part of the morning working in garage(playing with the car actually). Was too cold with a steady breeze in the garage and shade so cleaned up the old workshop in basement and will be finishing up the train station build this week have four inside walls to print and glue in place then comes the fun part painting all those white metal details for the interior. Also found 2 projects long buried and almost forgotten about an S gauge REX flatcar kit needs painted up and some couplers as well as an Mann's creek hopper kit that had a lot of brass detail parts will work them into the list of projects to complete.

Here are some pics of what I was up to in the work shop today.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-23-2015

Greetings, gang.

It's a gloomy 30 degrees outside my window this morning. High for today is only supposed to be about 46. Rain is predicted for tonight and tomorrow with maybe a half inch total.

Finally finished the taxes last night. Even with all the medical expenses from last yea I wasn't able to itemize, one of the disadvantages of having the house paid off.

Nothing on tap for today but something will probably arise that needs my attention.

Frank - spring is starting but is rather reluctant to appear until early to mid April.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 03-23-2015

never mind the weather , the circus has arrived Applause Cheers Thumbsup

its on the local race course and its as close as I could get to photograph !
that's sorted some entertainment out for the evening !!!

Alan

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-23-2015

Good morning all, and a happy Monday to you. Let's hope your week goes good for you, no more snow, no flooding or avalanches, and in our area, nobody running around in flip-flops, shorts and tank tops Crazy .... please, that's the quickest way to ID you as a tourist. Spring training still has about two weeks to go, so yes, there will still be a bunch of folks running around looking like that. :wait:

Take care, and have a great week.

Take note of the new smilies we just added..... Applause

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-23-2015

ezdays Wrote:s the quickest way to ID you as a tourist.

On the other hand running around in a sweater when it's 70 is an easy way to identify yourself as a local.

We were in Florida over Christmas one year and the temp was a horrifyingly cold 45 degrees. My Fair Lady and I were wearing sweatshirts while we the locals were wearing down filled coats and complaining.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 03-23-2015

I find it rather hilarious that all you older snowbirds look down your noses at the newer snowbirds..... Misngth If you are not a native American you are a snowbird aren't you?
And I continuously mention inside my oven is all the dry heat I need. Icon_lol Since my sister in law visited us in the winter does that mean we need to come there in the summer? I don't think so.
Enjoy it while you can guys, I am actually, for the first time in 71 years, really sick of winter.
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-23-2015

Charlie B Wrote:I find it rather hilarious that all you older snowbirds look down your noses at the newer snowbirds..... Misngth If you are not a native American you are a snowbird aren't you?
And I continuously mention inside my oven is all the dry heat I need. Icon_lol Since my sister in law visited us in the winter does that mean we need to come there in the summer? I don't think so.
Enjoy it while you can guys, I am actually, for the first time in 71 years, really sick of winter.
Charlie

Not really. By definition, a snowbird only stays here when it's too cold to go to their home state where their car is registered, where they are registered to vote and most of their belongings are. Sometime around early May, they decide it's too hot here and they "fly" back home. They may live in a second home here, an RV or with their kids who live here full-time. Us older transplants usually don't have anywhere else to go Nope so we're stuck here all summer long.... Applause

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-24-2015

Morning all. Off to VA to get ID card. Never have gotten. NC ID's Vets with it drivers license. Came in last night with another load of boxes from the lake.

Cloudy and cooler.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-24-2015

Good morning everyone, today we'll be pushing 90 and be in the mid-90's by this weekend. A bit over normal which is around 80 for this time of the year.

Been busy unpacking all my train stuff that I packed when we thought we were going to move. Lots of broken parts even though I though I was being careful. I guess when some of those boxes wound up at the bottom of the stack, it was bound to happen. Icon_lol I still have one box of structures that I saved from my old layout, I can imagine what they're going to look like. Eek

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-24-2015

Still Good Morning Blue
Sun but Kold for late march.
Back from Walmarts. Needed a few things.
Groceries are too Hi but there are other things we get there.
No train news. Watching Hogan's Heroes...Smile
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-24-2015

VA Durham NC a zoo!! Took 1hour and 15 minutes to get a parking space [double parked until one came available]. 10 minutes to get photo for I
D card. Folks were extra nice. Some pitiful sights there.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-24-2015

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and rainy outside my window this afternoon. Temp is 34 so hopefully no snow.

Went to doctor this morning for ct scan. Doctor has stopped chemo. No longer effective. My Fair Lady is doubtful for Fourth of July. It's been a long day.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-24-2015

Our prayers are with you both Tom, and your family as well. There's always a chance for things to change for the better, lets hope and pray for that to be the case.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-25-2015

Tom, really sad. Been praying all the time for you and yours. God bless.

Cloudy and warm. Off with Wifey to a breakfast. Best waffles in the world. Will sit and cry. Will still get the best GRITS in the world. Smooth and cooked just right [not instant]. Eggs and sausage or ham. OH well.

Not much else except walk. Walked yesterday to back pond gate and back. That is a good one. Up and down hill all the way there and back. Geese nesting. Squirrels raiding the deer feeder corn on the ground. Renewed deer tracks. Fish swirling. Did not see the pair of hawks that nest there [did two times before]. NO beavers.