The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 04-03-2015

Well what do you know...... The local diner hired a chef that moved here from the South!!!!! All of a sudden the menu changed and added things like Fried Calamari, Stuffed Mushrooms and Grits!!!! So of course, I HAD to try the grits and they are Fantastic!!

If the Chief ever heads into Pennsylvania again, I guess I'll have to get his expert opinion on how good this chef really is Goldth Goldth Goldth

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 04-03-2015

Trainut... That's a serious toy you got there!! Pretty Green too!!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-04-2015

Morning. Cloudy and clearing fast. Never rained here as forecasted. Driving train in the park later for kids at egg hunt. Big thingy here. Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-04-2015

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 50s for the week.
A lot of yesterday was busy and tomorrow will be busy.
Today is in between so I will goof off.
Easter dinner is not going to be here but granny is in the kitchen cooking just the same.
No train news.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 04-04-2015

good Easter Saturday to all , its a lovely spring day here ,
better still yours truly has treated himself to a 2000 vintage HO Mehano 4-6-4 in Canadian Pacific maroon/grey livery , knuckle coupler , its a beauty like new and a great runner - photo next time , it was sitting in the local charity shop window just awaiting for a model railroader Thumbsup - not kids this time Goldth

belated condolences to Pete and family ....

Alan

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-04-2015

Good morning all. Did anyone get up early enough to see the moon eclipse? I forgot about it, but it was still at about 75% when I went outside at around 5:30. By 6:00 it was light out and the whole show was over since I hadn't a clue where the moon was anymore. Nope

Tomorrow is Easter Sunday, I wish you all a Happy and and a Blessed Easter.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 04-04-2015

Good evening all,

Not such a good day at work, started at noon so was still asleep when the eclipse was going on and missed it. Got to work early as I normally do. The shift started on time but there were not enough hopper feeders to keep the machine(basically a giant collator for slick ads to be inserted into newspapers)running as we were tending to 2 or 3 hoppers each, so I was moving back and forth as quickly as possible and ended up stepping on the supervisors foot and later on ran into a mechanic who was in the wrong place at the wrong time :oops: then someone decided to crank up the speed which usually ends up creating more errors in the long run but some how we met and exceeded our goal for the shift and left early so the next shift would have some stuff to do.

Cold but sunny was the weather today no rain sleet or snow, there was some flooding south of here from the rain yesterday.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 04-05-2015

Happy Easter!!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 04-05-2015

Happy Easter to all , its like a summers day here !

a couple of photos of the loco that came my way ...

even a unopened bag of bits Applause

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-05-2015

Good morning everyone. Here's our Easter greeting from us, Don (ezdays), Peggy (bzdays) and Pat (Packey):

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-05-2015

Good Morning Blue
Happy Easter
Let us remember the true meaning of Easter as well.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 04-05-2015

ezdays Wrote:Good morning all. Did anyone get up early enough to see the moon eclipse? I forgot about it, but it was still at about 75% when I went outside at around 5:30. By 6:00 it was light out and the whole show was over since I hadn't a clue where the moon was anymore. Nope

Tomorrow is Easter Sunday, I wish you all a Happy and and a Blessed Easter.

Being so close to the coast it's very rare to see any celestial event. There is always a haze and/or overcast that severely limits any sky-gazing. So I missed it... Sad

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 04-05-2015

Happy Easter all,

Temps were bearable with slight breeze.

Ham, apple pie, broccoli casserole, sweet potatoes, fresh fruit , ice cream for dinner today.

No major train activity here just relaxing .

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 04-05-2015

Mr Bachmann,

Nice steam loco, Canadian Pacific steam always had nice livery. Speaking of neighbors to the north is the Algoma central still up and running, I think I heard somewhere CN now owns them. I road the Agawa canyon trip once in 88 they still had their own locomotives in the Algoma central scheme back then. I would like to ride it again but next time all the way Herst at the other end of the line. The snow train also looks like it would be a great trip.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 04-05-2015

AF350
The Agawa Canyon tour still operates, but a much reduced timetable (June 23 to Sept. 11)
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.agawacanyontourtrain.com/content/tours/canyontour/schedules_fares.html">http://www.agawacanyontourtrain.com/con ... fares.html</a><!-- m -->

I think they're on their third set of locos since we rode it umm mmm years ago.

The regular train seems to operate 3 times a week. You need to book lodging in Hearst.