The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 04-17-2015

Well my search for suitable drivers for a scratch build loco has brought me to a fork in the road. My only choice is A. go with scale wheels and build a scale modular layout or B. start looking for basket case locos to get parts from.

All is not so bad here as I got some more decals for the BFT.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 04-18-2015

Good morning all,

Saturday morning a goof off day for most, but for me it is a noon to 7:30pm shift.

Monday will pick back up on some projects got side tracked with foot and looking for 50" drivers in S scale found some but it was just the tire and in scale flanges code 100.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-18-2015

Good Saturday morning to you all. From what I see on the news, the weather in other parts of the States is not letting go of winter so easily. Snow and hail causing massive pilups on the freeways and flooding doing its part elsewhere. Then there's the tornadoes that have already touched down. I wish all those folks the best in getting through these situations. Be careful, be considerate and stay protected as best you can.

For us here in the Southwest desert, we're looking at temps in the 90's for the next few days, then a good chance of rain by Thursday. It's been well over a month since we've seen any rain, so the welcome mat is out, just like for an old friend.. Welcome Welcome

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Brakie - 04-18-2015

Thought I would stop by and have a cup..

Anyway,while drinking my coffee this morning I started reminiscing about Saturdays of years pass and going to the LHS to look over the new releases and talk to the group of the usual suspects that found their way there every Saturday morning.After a hour or two of train and model chit chat I would head to my favorite trackside spot to railfan.

I don't know of a better way to relax after a week of work.Of course that was after I lost my railroad job and I got my life back.

Have a good day everybody and thanks for listening.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 04-18-2015

Platelayers had our Symposium today. A series of talks on subjects, mostly related to model railways.
First speaker was introduced as an Emmy winner (rare in our club) who has a 15" gauge electric tramway in his back yard.
Talk on casting (from a commercial caster), then on testing aircraft (!) including use of the chicken cannon.
Weathering, Club history, then "The Credible Model". Interesting observation about what is modelled, and how the intention makes a difference to the quality that must be put in. Finish was member's reminiscing about their start in the hobby.

A few layouts and lots of sales tables. There was a free lunch.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Brakie - 04-19-2015

Good morning all from the land of Buckeyes..

Yesterday evening I went railfaning and seen 13 trains in 4 1/2 hours.. Not bad at all. Modeling wise I finally got around to adding stacks and vents to my industrial buildings yesterday morning. A simple project..I used Walthers roof detail kit.I painted these parts old silver several days ago with high hopes of adding them after they dried.Oh well..High hopes do fade. My next project is adding Walthers dust collectors to Standard Plastics.

Not much on tap for today other then going to the club.

I shall have a cup and look over the forum.

Have a good'un!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-19-2015

Good morning everyone. I see where the weather is not being kind to a lot of folk. Still looking at snow, hail, tornadoes, rain and floods in parts of the country. The news shows video of massive pileups on the highways as they're happening. It's hard to believe we're a month into spring. Good luck to anyone here that's affected.

Larry, that sounds like a fun way to spend the day. I saw something unusual a while back on the BNSF mainline running into Phoenix. While waiting to cross, here came a passenger train. No, not Amtrak which doesn't go this way, but a train with real passenger cars from the good old railroad days. Railfanning is better than watching a baseball game. Thumbsup To start with, there's more action. 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 04-19-2015

weather , weather every where , but the sun is trying to get through the clouds , typical April day ,

On the local line some 50 yards from my house ,
the track gang turned up with a strange looking road/rail loader full of ballast , tipped it up the siding then went by the time I had got the camera Wallbang - so it looks like we will be getting some sleepless night's Goldth
also it looks like they are putting up a new colour light signal on the siding ....

take care all .

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-19-2015

Good Morning Blue
Cloudy and 52 this morning.
Rain expected later through Monday.
Larry although I live in Mich. now Toledo is my home town.
How far are you from there?
Yeah I know there is a lot of Ohio but you might be close. One never knows.
I didn't run any trains yesterday but I did nose around and found a couple things I had been looking for.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 04-19-2015

Speaking of Ohio,

The S Spring Spree this year is in Dayton, it is an all S scale show.

Seems like some one here was near Bucyrus where the Bratwurst festival is held in august.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-19-2015

Afternoon. Ben up to lake house and mowed. Started raining 15 minutes after finishing. Drove home and is raining harder now. Suppose to rain tomorrow too. Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Brakie - 04-20-2015

Good morning all!

Not much to report from the land of Buckeyes other then its another typical Ohio spring day--cloudy.

I never did make it to the club yesterday thanks to my arthritis in my lower back flaring up due to the wet weather and change of seasons. Shoot

However.

I did manage to watch two Pentrex videos-Conrail Hot Spots East and Street Running. Not much on my agenda for today other then watching rail cameras this morning.

James, Bucyrus is South-East of Toledo and around 1 1/2- 2 hour drive.

I shall have a cup and look over the forum.

Have a good'un. Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-20-2015

Morning all. Rainy. Big rains last night. Some more today in forecast. County Commissioners this afternoon and Mayors' Assoc. meeting tonight. Had Dr.'s follow up this AM. Dr. called my cell and apologized for being sick and not go to her office today. Never heard of such. That whole practice is so personable.

Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-20-2015

Good morning all, the start of another work week for most, and just another day for those of us that stopped going to work. Chief, glad someone is getting rain, we're scheduled for some around Thursday, like a 60% chance later in the day. That's getting pretty accurate, but then again, they have a 40% wiggle room there. Heck, I remember the one year we lived in Houston, there was a chance of rain in every day's forecast whether it was crystal clear or pouring rain, and since it was usually a "20% chance of rain", they were always right..... Why bother to listen? :wait: I know, there are parts of the country that really don't need more rain, but we here in the southwest take all that we can. I guess the folks out in California could use a bit as well.. Welcome

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-20-2015

Good Morning Blue
Rain overnight, more expected today.
Cloudy and 60 right now.
Heading for York Pa. in the morning, there is some debate with my wife about undies.
I say cleanest dirty ones are ok. She says clean ones.... Goldth
S.J.