The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-26-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and cool this morning inn the remote reaches of northern Iowa but there is supposed to be a warming trend for the coming week. High for today is predicted to be 62 and by Friday the high is supposed to be in the upper 70s.

Many, many thanks for your condolences and for your support over the last year. My Fair Lady is at peace now and I will be eventually.

Only a few family members remain in town. and they will be gone by tomorrow. Youngest daughter may be staying for a few extra days.

After the service I ran the Back Yard & Southern for those who had not seen it and for the great-grand kids. Brought a fresh round of tears to some who knew how much My Fair Lady enjoyed sitting on the patio, sipping a refreshing late afternoon beverage, and discussing world events.

All stay safe and again, your support and condolences have meant so much to me.

Tom

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.gundersonfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Carol-Bohlen/#!/Obituary">http://www.gundersonfuneralhome.com/obi ... !/Obituary</a><!-- m -->

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 04-26-2015

sunny but cold this end , apart from aching joints all is well

relax and take care all .

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-26-2015

Tom, glad to see you back. Know it has been hard.

Chilly. I think the rain is gone but still light clouds. Home from babysitting which is good. I thought my dogs and cat were spoiled. These are worse.

Have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-26-2015

Good morning folks, I hope your weekend is going as planned.

Tom, again, you and your family have our condolences and prayers that you get through these trying times with little difficulty.

As far as the weather, things don't seem to be going too well in parts of the world right now. Mother Nature seems to be a bit upset, volcanoes erupting in South America, earthquakes in Asia. Then we are hit with tornadoes, drought fires and floods here in the US and other parts of the world as well. Our hearts go out to those victims of these events, and to those survivors that have little if anything left. Our prayers are with them as well.

Regarding the weather here, we did get some rain last night. A good amount for a short while, just like those soothsayers, oops, :oops: I mean forecasters predicted. It should be dry from here on out since the sky has all but cleared up, and we should hit the 100 mark later this week. What a surprise, I guess we're just days away from turning the A/C on for the summer. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Brakie - 04-27-2015

Good morning all!

Not much to report from the land of Buckeyes other then its 35 and sunny..Next week its supposed to be in the 70s so,its time to break out the camera and my railfan lawn chair and enjoy the beautiful weather.

I went to the club yesterday and worked on three freight cars so,they will meet my "derailment and troublefree" standards.These three cars was troublesome the last time I used them. Shoot
I'll start my inspection and if needed RIP of my cars week after next-no meeting next sunday due to the dog show.

I shall have a cup and look over the forums..

Have a good'un! Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-27-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 34 outside my window this morning with an expected high of 68. Temps for the remainder of the week are supposed to be in the 70s.

The house is quiet at the moment but people are starting to stir. Eldest son and youngest daughter's family will be retuning home today. Youngest daughter will be remaining for a few days. She was debating whether to go home with her family or stay for a few days. The mailman resolved that dilemma when he delivered a Harbor Freight ad. Harbor freight is only a couple of miles from the airport. Icon_lol

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-27-2015

Morning all. Sunny again.

Tom, her staying a few days is probably good.

Hope all have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-27-2015

Good Morning Blue
Tom sorry to read of your loss my condolences to you and the family.
Been away to York, just reading Blue this morning.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-27-2015

Good morning everyone, a bright day outside right now for us. No more rain here yesterday, but hard to believe, the news showed pictures of snow up in the north part of the state around I-40, and down south on Mt. Lemmon. I've never been there, but it is a mountain hideaway just north of Tucson. Kind of an odd place to find something like that, but it does snow there in the winter, enough to ski on. Just a bit late for snow anywhere in the state though since we are suppose to have our first 100 degree day of the year this week. Thursday according to the Weather Channel, Saturday according to the weather girl on channel 15. No biggie, they rarely agree anyway....

Still, our hearts and prayers go out to those in other parts of the country and world that are facing untold devastation from the like of volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, flooding and tornadoes. We are truly blessed to not have to deal with those kinds of conditions.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-27-2015

Every time I hit skip ad, will not run video. So let it play through.

http://wgno.com/2015/04/27/watch-strong-winds-knocks-over-train-in-jefferson-parish/

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-27-2015

Chief Eagles Wrote:Every time I hit skip ad, will not run video. So let it play through.

http://wgno.com/2015/04/27/watch-strong-winds-knocks-over-train-in-jefferson-parish/

Been on that bridge a few times, that approach is up there, lucky no one was below the tracks. It's unbelievable that it was recorded.... Thanks for posting the link.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-28-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 36 degrees in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 70.

Daughter and I got a few chores accomplished yesterday but both of us were running on fumes. Took the afternoon off. Then went out for a nice dinner and rented a movie. Only watched half the movie. Not a very good one.

Today we're off to accomplish several chores. Need to return My Fair Lady's left over medications, talk to the bank, drop my car off to get the brakes repaired, and other projects as we think of them. Also on the agenda for today is to order this beauty.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.micromark.com/bachmann-spectrum-1203-scale-narrow-gauge-55-ton-3-truck-shay-locomotive-paintedandunlettered-blac,6890.html">http://www.micromark.com/bachmann-spect ... ,6890.html</a><!-- m -->

After supper tonight we'll try a different movie, or I may pull out The Thin Man with William Powell. Always a fun flick.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-28-2015

Morning. Back home from a real early meeting in Raleigh with DOT. Had PTSD going up ramp to the DOT office. I use to work next door. Wink
Baltimore is a mess. Need to fire Mayor and Police Commissioner. Knew the day before that this was going to happen and did not "ramp up" for the occasion.
Tom, sounds like you are doing good for the situation. Hang in there.
Have a good one all.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-28-2015

Good morning folks, nice day in store for here, low 90's for a high. We're still looking for 100 + later this week. I guess it's time to fire up the A/C.

Chief, I agree, a deplorable situation there. Having lived thought the Newark and LA "riots", I say that there is never a good excuse for that kind of stuff. I can say no more, let's just hope it calms down real quickly.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 04-28-2015

Just checking in before work today.

Mother's day is the cause for all the work this week lots of mother's day adds. 2285_

Wednesday is haircut day for me, starting to get thin on top yet too long and scruffy looking.

There is never a good reason for a riot, whenever there is an OSU vs. Michigan game there is always a riot afterwards on campus and surrounding areas 24 :oops: :cry:

Did see a blurb about a woman who seen her son at the riot on TV and went pulled him out of the crowd slapping him while dragging him from the scene. Applause Applause Applause