The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-29-2015

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 45 this morning outside my window with an expected high of about 70.

Daughter and I got some chores accomplished yesterday. Returned the remainder of My Fair Lady's medications and got a hug from the pharmacist. She and I got to be very friendly over the last year. Also stopped at the bank to start process to remove My Fair Lady's name from accounts. Brake store was too busy too take care of me yesterday. Have an appointment for 10 AM today.

Also on the agenda for today is to haul more trash out. Got a brain storm last night. The house across the street is empty and we have one of these one man trash removal trucks so the trash cans stay with the house. This evening I'll load up the trash can across the street as well as my own.

Daughter is returning home tomorrow so that will be a trip to Des Moines. She needs to be at the airport by noon so that gives me the afternoon to visit Harbor Freight and Hobby Havel.

I've rambled enough for one day.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Brakie - 04-29-2015

Good morning all!

Not much to report from the land of Buckeyes other then yesterday other then I finish a structure kit yesterday morning and went fishing in the afternoon and caught several catfish and to top the day off I railfaned from my front porch after supper until around 10 pm...Not sure what's on today's agenda.

I shall have a cup and look over the forum.

Have a good'un! Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-29-2015

Good morning, another pleasant day in store for here today. Everyone (weather people) seem to be in agreement that tomorrow will be the first 100 degree day of the year. Frankly, it doesn't matter, 100 may scare away some of the snowbirds that haven't left for home yet, but it barely makes a dent on the heat scale for us that call the Arizona desert home..... Nope

Glad to see things are simmering down in Baltimore. I guess some folks have had just about enough and I see where some citizens are even protecting the police. Applause Good for them, I hope they get as much air time as the others.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-29-2015

UGG!!! Long day yesterday. Wifey took Mom to hospital around noon. I joined at 9 last night. We got home at 1 this morning. MIL needs supervised meds taking and rest. Also needs to eat. A few days will help her a lot.

Now to get Wifey's car at MIL/FIL's. Then do some chores here. Got garden ready to plant. Will do after the rains coming for a few days. Put up welded wire fence at back property where fence and gate are now. They were cutting cable and climbing rock with 4 wheelers. Put up new sign. Hidden trail cameras, photos will be sent to Wake SO We'll see if that helps.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 04-29-2015

We finally got a warm, dry day with no obligations, so I started on the backdrops.
The ones I'm using are 9.75" by 29". I found some cheapish foam board that's 20x30. I'd already split a lot of that down to 10x30, so I set up in the garage with the sawhorses, L-girders (spare), and a panel of wood. And a deconstructed cardboard box.
I got my can of spray glue and went to it. Procedure was: clip one end a bit in and line up with top edge. Fold back and spray first half; roll flat, then put aside. Repeat until run out of clips. Then take clips off, spray and roll second half.
When all are done, trim exposed backing. (4' say guide and mat-cutting blades).

Fine, except that the spray can dribbled a bit and I sprayed it backwards once, then the button came off. (no loss and it went back on).
The cardboard became a little sticky as well.

The glue instructions say to rinse skin with water. That may do something. Best idea was talcum powder -- sticks to the glue so nothing else will. Then a couple of hours rubbing bits off.
Next interesting steps are cutting the extra buildings that are on white backing.

I was watching a fellow do picture frames one day and he was cutting mats. Managed to do a cut with a single pass. He said that he used a blade for one mat then discarded it. He had a collection of barely used blades that he gave me. They're only tapered on one side so that they cut exactly to the straightedge.

I marked mine with a red marker stripe on the sharp edge and a black stripe on the blunt.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-30-2015

Greetings, gang.

Another sunny day in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 70 again. Right now it's 37.

Accomplished a number of tasks yesterday with the aid of my daughter. Brakes are fixed, My Fair Lady's clothes are donated to the local YWCA, started writing thank you's, etc.

Frank - prayers for your MIL.

Was totally surprised yesterday when I got an e-mail from Micro Mark saying my new engine would arrive today. I requested standard ground shipping. Cool. Also on the agenda for today is to take my daughter to the airport so she can head home. After I drop her off, there will be stops at Harbor Freight, Hobby Haven, Big Lots (love that store), and Kidman Tree Farm (G scale vendor), plus whatever trip my trigger.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-30-2015

Good morning everyone. Time is flying by, seems like Valentine's Day was just a few days ago, and here we are at the end of April and... according to most prognosticators, at our first 100 degree day of the year. But, as usual, I'm kind of confused. Either that or the people at the Weather Channel are. They agree that on their "10 day forecast" screen, we should hit 100 today, but if you look at their "hourly" screen, the high temp for today is 98 at 4:00. That goes for both Phoenix and here in Surprise. :? I can see where they might conflict with one of those weather gals on channel 15 or that self-indulgent guy on channel 5, but conflicting with themselves, that's weird. :wait:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 04-30-2015

Cold and sunny here , I see him up above has got the builder in , doing some vital repairs , rather them than me ... Nope
picture quality not good , sun was awkward .

(note we are right hand drive , white line down centre of road , yellow on pavement/sidewalk side is for parking restrictions )

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-30-2015

Good Morning Blue
Wet this morning, temp is 48.
Out in the rain this AM to P/U car from dealer, oil change and a recall fix.
I paid to have the first of the season grass cut as it was tall and thick after returning from York
Now I just need to keep up with it.
Gloomy so an indoor day, lunch, nap, TV and maybe some PS golf. Oh wow that fills the day.. Thumbsup
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 04-30-2015

Tomorrow may be "May Day", but it certainly doesn't feel like "any part of Spring" here, this day.
Fortunately, I have enough model building stuff to do, that I shouldn't have to "get out in the cold".
Looking at the calendar for May, I have to wonder if I am really retired . . It's already full, with only a couple of days that nothing's scheduled - - - - yet ! :o Wink

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-01-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny again this morning with a temperature of 48. Predicted high will be around 70. Slight chance of rain today with higher chances for every day for the next week.

Chief - hope your MIL is improving. Continuing prayers for her and for your family.

Daughter made it home safely. After I dropped her off at the airport I did some shopping as detailed yesterday. I skipped Big Lots and went to Kidman Tree Farm. Pulled in and Rottweiler mix came out of nowhere and started barking at me until I stopped the car. Then he laid down until I opened the door. Went through that process a couple more times and decided I didn't need trains that bad. and headed home.

For those who don't know, I was bitten by a Rottweiler several years ago. Wound up in the hospital for a week and cannot account for about 2 1/2 days. Hospital stay was not for wounds but for a germ I picked up from the dog's mouth. Needless to say, I've been somewhat leery of dogs ever since.

Lots of work to do today but no specific agenda worked out yet.

All stay safe.

Tom

PS forgot to add - apparently the engine was not shipped overnight so I probably won't see it until the middle of next week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-01-2015

Raining. MIL out of hospital now. Spent yesterday at HS early and then MIL duties. Off to a lunch.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-01-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 70s today
Grocery shopping this morning, took all my money...Sad
No train news except the Lionel Christmas catalog is out.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-01-2015

Good morning all. Well, we did reach 100 in Phoenix yesterday, but I'm not sure about here in Surprise. The TV news usually reports the high for Phoenix and sometime put up a list of highs in some of the surrounding communities. They do the same when it rains for rain levels. Anyway, I might have missed it and I can't find the high for Surprise anywhere. I guess it really doesn't matter, it was a bit hot. People are now "forgetting" and leaving their kids in their cars out in the hot parking lots, we had two just the other day, three for the week. Leave you car in the sun for 30 minutes here and you can get a nasty burn touching the metal, even inside with the inside becoming an oven. Some newbies here try frying an egg on the sidewalk, I wonder if they might try baking bread inside a car that's been sitting out in the sun for a few hours.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 05-01-2015

Not such a good evening here,

The weather was great spoiled only by a 5 alarm fire at a recycling plant just north of my neighborhood. Among other things they recycle plastic pallets. The fire created a thick black smoke carried from south end of Columbus all the way south to Chillicothe(that is almost to the Ohio river from the center of Ohio). At one point 1/3 of the city's fire men were on the scene, they had to call the city water because they did not have enough water pressure with all the pumpers that responded. At one point we could hear explosions that were propane tanks going up at one point the natural gas lines were in danger. The last I heard before our power went off is they were using heavy equipment to make a clear path to get closer to the fire as there was a stand of trees and under brush in the way. They shut off the power being that the substation for our area was right next to the site that was ablaze. As far as I know no one hurt or any evacuations needed yet.