The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-02-2015

Greetings, gang.

Looks to be another nice day today. Right now it's 52 headed for a high of 75. There are chances for rain for the next week.

Got some more items of the to do list yesterday. Today I need to finish the thank you notes and get the yard mowed. I want the yard to look nice when the new engine arrives. It left St. Paul about 1 AM this morning so it should be here today unless Fedex gives it to the post office, in which case I won't see it until the middle of next week.

I was just starting supper last night when a good friend stopped by. Wanted to show me his new truck, a Toyota Tundra. After a test drive we sat and had a couple of beers and a good conversation.

Chief - glad to hear MIL is improving.

All stay safe.

Tom

7:30 update. It's out for delivery! 2285_ 2285_ Got to get my chores done before it arrives.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-02-2015

Good morning everyone. They hit 101 in Phoenix yesterday. We were suppose to here as well, but I haven't a clue if we did or not. Nope I can't believe my outdoor thermometer, it was reading 110 the other morning. :o I still can't find a good place to put the sensor, it goes crazy, even under the eves or other shady place. We do have some rain in the forecast though, temps back in the 80's throughout the week, and rain sometime between tomorrow and Wednesday. Actual days and percentages vary by who or what you're watching at that time. 35 Something just dawned on me, the record high for Phoenix today is 109 (1947), but only 101 (1972) here in Surprise. I wondered why the big difference since we're just about 20 miles apart, then I remembered, Surprise, Arizona, didn't incorporate until 1960, so there are no records before then. Icon_idea As Bugs would say, "what a maroon".... Crazy

Tom, saw pictures of that fire on the news yesterday. Bad stuff when they have to evacuate areas because of the toxic smoke.

Everyone have a great weekend.... Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 05-02-2015

EZ Days,

There were CSX tracks near the fire that were shut down due to the smoke. Still no word on cause but it is coming out that the company was in violation of city code. They mainly recycle wood pallets and they were improperly stored and stacked. I would guess that the explosions were propane tanks from the forklifts. I am just glad we had a windy day that took the smoke up pretty far we did not get any ash fall but it stunk bad. There were some areas south of Columbus that reported ash falling from the sky. There was so much thick smoke it showed up on the weather radar.

The Columbus Dispatch had a video of the fire on their web site.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 05-02-2015

UPdate on Columbus fire,

It was caused by an overheated forklift, cardboard got tangled up in the brake system causing an over heated brakes which sparked the fire. 35 Eek Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-02-2015

Recycle plants are good candidates for fires. We have them here on a regular basis, paper/cardboard, pallets and tires seem to be the major ones. They always seem to happen in the private ones that are close in the center of town, never the ones where they recycle city trash out near the landfills. Nope Sometimes you have to wonder....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-03-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and warm today with a high near 85. Right now it's 57. Chances for rain start this afternoon and last through the week.

I didn't get all my chores done yesterday but the engine did arrive. Picture is up in the weekly photo thread. Today I need to make a quick run to Walmart and get the yard mowed. Then I need to sort through my model lubricants to make sure I have all the lubricants I need for the new engine. Bachmann was very specific about proper lubrication before the wheels start turning. The video included with the engine was quiet detailed on how and where to lube. A very nice touch.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-03-2015

Morning all. Sunny and real warm. Did not go to SS or Church. Went out to the Train Box and sat on the back deck looking at gardens. We then moved to the front deck and did the same. We meaning the whole crew including cat. Relaxing.

Got to bite the bullet and go north to lake house and mow. Will hit the road in a few.

Hope everyone has a great and healthy week ahead.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-03-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sunny and 75 today
I have waited many long months for days like this to return.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-03-2015

Good Sunday morning to you, it's great when we have the kind of weather we like. For us, today will be one of those days, temps in the low to mid-9's with a high chance of rain later in the day. Rain in the forecast for all day tomorrow and Tuesday morning as well. Wednesday look great as well, low 90's and no rain, a good day to go out target shooting.... Yup, that's the plan. Shoot

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 05-03-2015

Today is the 100th anniversary of the writing of the poem In Flanders Fields.

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

John McCrae, the poet, was a doctor in an artillery regiment in Ypres and wrote that after one of his friends was blown up by a shell. He was born in Guelph and today we visited his birthplace which is being redone.
The poppy seeds can lie dormant for years and sprout when the soil is disturbed. There was much disturbing of the soil in Ypres and they grew in profusion.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.canadiangreatwarproject.com/Searches/soldierDetail.asp?ID=6009">http://www.canadiangreatwarproject.com/ ... sp?ID=6009</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://guelph.ca/museum/?page_id=186">http://guelph.ca/museum/?page_id=186</a><!-- m -->

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-04-2015

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 55 outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the low 70s. There are good chances for rain for the entire week.

Got the yard mowed yesterday and tracked down the lubes I need for the new Shay. With luck I'll have time to start on that project this afternoon. On tap for today is a trip to the gym. I should be able to become a regular again. The last several months have been very hit and miss, mostly miss.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-04-2015

Morning all. Beautiful day. Rest of day Town "stuff" and tonight too.

Tom, way to go. Behind you man.

All have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-04-2015

Good morning all. Yup, nice day here as well, as forecast, it did rain all night. Temps still in the mid-60's and highs in the 80's for the next few days with more rain later today and tomorrow. We take what we can, when we can because the long hot days are not that far away. Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 05-04-2015

Good evening all.

Just got an engine flush done on the truck today only thing left to do is cleaner up inside and out. I drove the car around the block a couple times all is well there.

I do not go back to work till noon Saturday , so I should be hopping back to some projects.

Weather here cool and some light rain.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-05-2015

Greetings, gang.

Rain and 54 outside my window this morning. Rain should be ending but the clouds are expected to remain. High for today is supposed to be about 70.

Made it to the gym yesterday. Swam for 1/2 mile and walked for a mile. Today will be resistance and treadmill. One set of resistance with small weights and maybe 15 minutes on treadmill. Learned my lesson the hard way. Don't try too much first time back.

I also mailed the first batch of thank you's yesterday. Got about 10 more to do. No major plans on the agenda for today.

All stay safe.

Tom