The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-25-2015

Good Morning Blue
Memorial Day 2015

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-26-2015

Greetings, gang.

Looks like there will be no outdoor activities this morning. Right now it's raining and 59 degrees. The high this afternoon is supposed to be in the low 70s with rain ending sometime this afternoon.

had a relaxing day yesterday. Went to Walmart early before the crowds and picked up a few items. Yesterday afternoon I went for a bike ride and then ran the new Shay for a while. After supper I went back out on the patio until the thunderstorms started to move in.

Today will see a trip to the gym this morning with other activities yet to be determined.

In Sunday's paper there was an interesting article about our new robocop. or as the local constabulary prefer to call it, the Automated Speed Enforcement Vehicle. If the radar detects you speeding the vehicle takes a picture of you and sends you a speeding ticket in the mail. We now have two of them. I can see why. The article stated that the first one brought in $165,000 in the last year. It probably won't be too long before we have one on every block.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-26-2015

Morning all. Beautiful day all day today. Maybe some showers tomorrow and Thursday. Wifey has a big group of kids coming tomorrow to get instructions on gardening. I have to do veggies.

Prayers for the Texicans. Hope the flooding stops and now storm damage.

Worked on projects all day yesterday.

More to do today.

Tom, you are remembered. Sounds like the family is doing good. God bless.

Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-27-2015

Good morning all. Another nice day in store for us here in the Sonoran Desert. Cloudy and in the high 90's. After tomorrow though, we're looking at triple digits up to 106 for the next week or so. I'm guessing that won't change now until sometime in September. Still, we can't complain when we see what's happening in Texas and Oklahoma. They needed rain, but not this much. We lived in Houston a long time ago and it was wet there but never like this. We wish them all well....

I've been itching to go out target shooting, and today's the day. It should be nice this morning and no crowds there since we're in the middle of the week. I hit the mother-load at Walmart last week. They had four boxes of 525 .22's on the shelf and no one waiting in line. I was allowed three and as usual, he asked if my wife wanted any. Are you kidding?????? We got all four. At Walmart each person is allowed three boxes of .22's a day, regardless of size. We've been there when all they've had was boxes of 50, and that's what you get three boxes of. This time it was worth stopping by.... Oh, and my wife had to use a different credit card and sign for it herself. One time, the guy even made her swipe the card, he said that I wasn't allowed to do it for her transaction. I guess they watch them closely to keep them from giving anyone more than their share. I've heard of cases where someone will bring their entire family there so they can get three boxes each, then go out into the parking lot to sell what they just bought at two to four times what they bought it for.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-27-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 80 today.
Storms rolled through yesterday and more expected today.
Some of us are getting too much rain while others would buy some if they could.
Selling ammo in the parking lot is probably illegal. But then scalping tickets to an event is too.
If there are buyers willing to pay it's just going to happen.
No toy train news.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-27-2015

Afternoon all. Just had 20 home schooled kids and their Mom's leave. They came at 10 AM to view Wifey's gardens and my veggie gardens. Part of Wifey's Master Gardener Program. Gave them tips on growing big tomatoes. Afternoon, hope to goof after working so hard yesterday and Monday on getting ready for this.

Built these special tomato baskets.
[Image: ry%3D400]

Tomatoes in back garden behind Train Box.
[Image: ry%3D400]

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-28-2015

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 61 with an expected high of 80 today. More rain on the way for tonight and tomorrow. We had over an inch of rain on Tuesday and another inch predicted for tonight and tomorrow.

Spent time on the phone yesterday with sister-in-law planning for in-laws 70th anniversary party in July. Over 140 names on the mailing list. That doesn't include spouses or families. Lets hope not that many people show up. Both in-laws turned 89 this month.

On the agenda for today is a trip to the gym this morning followed by lawn mowing this afternoon.

Frank - nice looking tomato cages but I think the wire cages would be more successful at keeping the tomatoes from escaping the cages.

Had a dream last night that I was buying a pickup for $52000. It was the old fashioned kind - no extended cab, fancy interior, just a box on wheels. I've never owned a pickup in my life and never had a desire to. Also thought (in the dream) about remodeling the house. Decided I better wake up before I go completely broke.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-28-2015

Good morning all. Beautiful day yesterday to go out target shooting. Yesterday should have been our last day below 100 for the rest of the summer (lat night they said today would still be under 100, but have since changed the forecast). Things will cool down a bit later on during our monsoon season, but we can still have 110 degrees in the daytime and dust storms and flooding late in the afternoon with temps dropping rapidly. Our floods aren't like what they're having right now in Texas though. Ours go away as rapidly as they come. Still, they can be dangerous to be out in.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-28-2015

Good Morning Blue
We have sun going to 80 today.
First time since Saturday that a storm is not in our forecast. There coming back tomorrow night though.
Home from the closest Aldi's. A doz. large eggs was $1.85.
Had lunch and a few hours visiting with one of my few remaining cousins yesterday.
No train news.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-28-2015

FiatFan Wrote:Greetings, gang.

Frank - nice looking tomato cages but I think the wire cages would be more successful at keeping the tomatoes from escaping the cages.

Tom

Guy and Rimfire Central Forum said he thought they were too small for home schools [I had posted I had built them for home schoolers to see]. Replied, home schoolers were Yankee kids. Us Rebs put them in small cages. Eek Wink

Sunny, hot and humid. Had s big rain last night. Have had busy morning and afternoon. Stopping by on the way to Golden Corral to get donations For Camp Corral. Rest tomorrow????

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-29-2015

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 63 outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 70s with more rain.

Not much planned for today other than a trip to the gym and maybe work on the mailing list for the in-laws 70th anniversary.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-29-2015

Morning. Hot and sunny. Humidity up too. No Town today [fingers crossed]. Yard and pond stuff.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 05-29-2015

Warm and cloudy...Been getting some badly needed rain in the last couple of days. Hope it keeps up for a few days..

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-29-2015

Good morning everyone, I hope you've got a fun-filled weekend in store. Not much planned for here, just kind of play it as we go. Temps did not get up to 100 yesterday as some predicted, but today, they're all saying to look for over 100, and for around 107 on Saturday and Sunday. Near record temps, still above average, but a ways to go to hit the record. it's been an extremely strange spring for us and a lot of other folks. We've gone from 20 degrees below normal for our highs, to well above normal in just a matter of days. We've had rain in May which is unusual as well, but not like in other places and for that we are grateful.

Remember, we have our chat room active now. Right now there's no specific time that everyone tries to get together, but I think that should be happening soon. Click on "Mini-Chat" at the top of the page and give your opinion on what's a good time for everyone to show up there.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-29-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 75
More rain expected today and tomorrow.
Got out early this AM and cut the grass. No weed-wacking though. Maybe tomorrow.
The chief gets a lot of kid company so I'm not sure if those cages are really for tomatoes like he says.
S.J.