The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-10-2015

Morning all. Hot and sunny. Thanks to all you workers. SS in the bank this AM.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-10-2015

Good morning everyone, Hump Day again, but let's not talk about it. Yesterday's rain consisted of sprinkles on and off all day. The vehicles are wet this morning, but I don't see any puddles or wet cement anywhere, so I'll figure that when it did rain, there were just more sprinkles. It still might rain some this morning, but everyone now agrees that it'll be clear for the rest of the week.... and hot. We aborted shooting last weekend because of the rain, no rain forecast for Saturday, but it'll get to around 104. I'm glad we decided to start out at 6:00. There were times that I remember putting on gloves because the weapons got too hot to hold.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-10-2015

Good Morning Blue
Well we had a bright hot sun but that suddenly turned into a small thunderstorm.
It has passed now. Yep here comes the sun.
Nothing in my train world till Saturday when we have our annual club outing, using the Glancy modular layout.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 06-10-2015

Here in Vernon Hills Illinois, the booming and...........OK, so it's just... "Vernon Hills"........... sky's blue, it's warm enough, but there are some high thin clouds. All in all it's a good Wednesday morning.
Going to try and get a bit more done on the DD770 model. Mostly building the finer details, so they can be added, once the "structure" they go on, is ready to receive them.
I'm beginning to remember why this project "sat" for so long. I did get confirmation on the order from Bluejacket, what looks to be the only commercially available detail parts, should be arriving in the next few days. Two 1-1/16 dia. " four blade propellers". ( in Navy circles they are referred to as "screws" ).
Evergreen scale models, is going to have a good "sales peak" in sheet /rod /strip, styrene. I'll be using a bunch of it tor this latest "adventure in insanity". Wink Icon_twisted Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-11-2015

Good morning all. Today is kind of special for us. Last week I mentioned that I needed to get ready for an anniversary and asked if anyone could guess how long. Kind of confusing, but what I meant was our wedding anniversary. Yup, today marks 55 years of contentment and understanding for Peggy and myself. We met in upstate NY where I was getting trained on the new and revolutionary Univac solid-state computer. We were married three months after our first date, and some wondered if it would last. Crazy Well, we fooled them all and put up with each other a lot longer that a lot of folks, Thumbsup and I guess it's too late to change now, so look for our 60th announcement in 2020.... 2285_

What do we have planned? Well, we were going to go up to Sedona, one of our favorite places to go in the whole world (unfortunately, we are not world travelers, so we don't get to too many places Icon_lol ), but conditions have changed and so we may not go today. Sometime next week will work just as well though. So I guess we'll wind up just having a nice dinner out somewhere close to home and head up to Sedona in a few days so we can celebrate again.... Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-11-2015

Greetings, gang.

Congratulations Don and Peggy! May you have many more.

62, cloudy, and rainy this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. So far we have received over 3/4 inch of rain with as much as another inch predicted. An additional inch is predicted for tonight.

Yesterday was an outdoor day. Went for a bike ride in the morning and then spent about three hours in the yard yesterday afternoon - mowing, trimming, etc. Then I got out the Shay and ran a logging train for about an hour. Really a pleasant day.

Today will be a trip to the gym and maybe a trip to Menards.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 06-11-2015

Happy anniversary Don. long lasting marriages are no longer the norm, but I have made it 52 years, and like you, it is just too late to change now. There are always good times as well as bad. The bad make the bonds stronger. My wife is a saint for putting up with me all these years.

Congratulations. I wish you nothing but smooth sailing and I want to be around for your 75th.

Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-11-2015

A hot and sunny good morning. Congrats Don [poor Wife Wink ]. Hope all are well. Off to do chores.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 06-11-2015

Good afternoon all,

Mid eighties and humid here. Tomato vines are healthy and blooming as are the peppers. Messed around with the car in the garage for a bit. Looked at trains but have not run any lately. Have been planning a display shelf for my trains I have a concept down just need to get actual dimensions for space available and adjust as needed. The main support will be run of the mill steel shelves with wood shelving (4'x2'). They can be made as a 5 shelf storage unit or split in half to make a work bench(s). I will be making them like benches and on top or them I will build a stair step like shelf, each step will have track also there will be a backboard ( braced and supported to hold some weight) and 2 shelves just for the G gauge trains as well. I will post a drawing later on today.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 06-11-2015

Here is the pic of the shelf design I have in mind.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-11-2015

Congratulations on 55 Don

S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-11-2015

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. It took work to make it this far this way without any major hits, runs or errors. Well yeah, there were some errors along the way, but as Edison would have said, we just found yet another way in our marriage to not do things, and we keep going. And we do plan on hitting the 75th, and you are all invited to the party, I just hope we both can stay awake long enough to join in then..... Cheers

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - cid - 06-11-2015

Congrats on your anniversary, Don!!!
And many more! Thumbsup Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 06-11-2015

Congrats, Don.
We'll come to the 75 -- we just need 30 feet of driveway and a 30 amp plugin for the RV.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 06-12-2015

Don, 55 years, very well done. And still rising!

Trying to catchup with hopeless 42 years...