The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-25-2015

Good Morning Blue
Overcast and 70s today. Yes we are expecting rain again.
More grocery shopping this morning. I told granny, enough for awhile, we are going broke with the money she's saving.
No Toy train plans for today.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-25-2015

Early morning meeting in Raleigh. Cooler but still high 80's and high humidity. Storms came through this AM but missed us?????? Don't know how due to radar. More later they say.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - cid - 06-25-2015

Made it to 97F in Memphis today, glad I was inside for most of it. We've been enclosing a small back porch lately, my buddy Andy got the vinyl siding on it today. My wife is much happier now that the kitchen is not at the NW corner of the house. Much better Feng Shui now!! Worship Getting ever closer to having a place for trains... Applause

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-26-2015

Greetings, gang.

Another rainy day in progress in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. 64 now with a high predicted to be about 76 with off and on rain all day.

Not much accomplished yesterday. I did have a fire in the fire pit late yesterday afternoon. I had planned on mowing the yard today but it looks like that activity will be on hold until at least tomorrow.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-26-2015

Good morning all. Kind of hot and humid right now, it's about 5:30 and 86 outside with 36% humidity. That's high for us, plus the dew point is 56 degrees. The other day it was down in the single digits. They used to mark the beginning of our monsoon season by when the dew point reached 55 three days in a row. Now they've picked a set date that I can't remember. It doesn't matter, if Mother Nature decides it's time to blow dust all over and rain on it to make mud, than so be it....That's when the monsoon season starts, not when the "experts" say it does.

Have a great day and a happy and lazy weekend.... Popcornbeer

Oh, Chief, check your PM's, there's one sitting there for a few days now....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-26-2015

Morning. had to go to9 Great Niece's elementary school for a poetry thingy. Got word of a bypass construction delay. ENOUGH!!! 1 1/2 years behind. Going to kick DOT's behind if they don't handle contractor. Yes, lost my temper.

Hot and humid. More showers in the forecast.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-27-2015

Good Morning Blue
WAKE UP
RAIN all day and into tomorrow, again.
I will be leaving soon to help do some maintenance on the modular layout. Now and then a few gremlins need to be dealt with and the off season is the time to do it.
Tally Ho
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-27-2015

Good morning, a bit sticky out there right now. Got some rain overnight which was refreshing, considering, 25 years ago yesterday, it reached 122 in the Phoenix area. Eek I was here, and it was hot. It didn't feel too much hotter than say 115, but I remember walking to our car and the parking lot kind of felt that it was made of marshmallow. So be it, Today's forecast calls for some rain and temps around 112, almost bearable compared to 25 years ago.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - cid - 06-27-2015

Dang, Don't, that's warm! I was feeling hot at 97 the other day. Do you use swamp coolers, or AC units, or both?

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-27-2015

Afternoon. Rained last night and early this AM. Sun came out enough for me to mow everyone's grass.

Off on trip to neighboring towns with Wifey who is looks more plants.

Later

PS: Days, got the message. thanks

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-27-2015

cid Wrote:Dang, Don't, that's warm! I was feeling hot at 97 the other day. Do you use swamp coolers, or AC units, or both?

Most people use A/C. Swamp coolers are affective only when the humidity is low, otherwise all they do is blow hot air. Some older homes still have them, and a lot of business' that have open bays, like auto tire shops, wouldn't be practical to use A/C.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 06-27-2015

Good evening all,

cool rainy day here just got home from work have to go back Sunday from 2nd shift. Foot is pretty much a non issue now no pain 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ Went to work with a cold and a sore arm but made it threw the shift no problem.

Have not done much with trains or anything else lately been stressed out as employer has been bought by a bigger company that already owns 2/3 of the newspapers in the USA. Lots of minor changes but the process is still the same.

Hope to get back at the projects soon. The painting class I was in is meeting again on Mondays I just might pick up the brush again. I find mixing colors in acrylic is fun and stress re-leaving.

All stay cool and dry.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - cid - 06-27-2015

I feel for ya, AF! My previous co was taken over twice by corporate groups which instituted changes small and large. Not so fun!! Wallbang But Good Luck!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-28-2015

Greetings, gang.

After a rainy night it's a sunny morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. We had about 1/4 inch of rain but the clouds have moved on and it looks to be sunny all day with a high of about 80.

Yesterday I got the yard mowed and trimmed. Also went for a bike ride. While on the ride I wound up near the CN yard. There was an engine lettered for Illinois Central. Went home as quickly as I could and got the camera. I did get a few pics. I'll post then later. There was also a pair of CSX engines in the yard.

Nothing major planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-28-2015

Morning. We had big storms all around us. A couple of small tornados. Nothing here but a tenth of and inch of rain. OK with me.
Hope all have a great week ahead.
Later