The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-28-2015

Good Morning Blue
Geez we had clear night skies all week..until yesterday of course.
BUT along about eclipse time the clouds broke and we were able to see the moon disappear..
I wonder if they do that trick with mirrors....Smile
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - teejay - 09-28-2015

Mornin' All :

The eclipse was pretty cool to watch and was bang on the suggested time of 10:11 pm to be fully covered .......amazing how they can get that time exact . My wife and I and a neighbour sat out and howled at the moon . Icon_lol

T

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-28-2015

Good afternoon. We watched the eclipse last night for a while, and was going to go back outside when it was at its peak, but we forgot. 35

I sometimes complain about the heat but probably shouldn't. Let's face it, this was our choice to live here, but still, enough is enough. Today we should hit 104 and by Wednesday, we're looking at a record-tying 107. Come on, give us a break, it's fall and we're running a good 10 degrees above normal. We went target shooting in the desert for the first time in months, and it was pleasant enough only because we left really early.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-29-2015

Morning. Been raining some. Suppose to quit until this afternoon late. Hope so. Out the door to the farms down east. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-29-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and breezy in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. It's 59 now and headed for a high of 67, a far cry from yesterday's 82. Temps will remain in the 60s for the rest of the week. We received about a half inch of rain last night.

I put two new tires on my wife's car on Friday and after driving I realized the error of my ways. I ordered two more tires yesterday and they are supposed to be here today. So far this morning I went out for breakfast and did some grocery shopping. Up next is lunch and then get the tires installed. After that I need to stop at a body shop and see if they can do anything about the air bag light.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 09-29-2015

I managed to do some repair work today. My friend Dave and I ordered some bits from a place in England.
I found a buffer lying in the middle of the tracks. I soon found a loco that was missing both buffers from the tender. A bag of 4 was ordered and I glued them in place today.
One of my locos has a wired drawbar with a spring in it. The spring both carries current and pulls the loco closer to the tender (drive in tender). The old spring was a bit of wire in an S shape and had detached and my re-soldering had not restored it. The new drawbar has a coil spring. After reassambly, there was a bit of hesitation and an immense scream from the tender. So I took off the body and removed the gear train -- 4 gears and a bit of springy stuff. All gears dried and rubbed with paper towel, a bit of lube added to the motor bearings, then back in place with some teflon grease. Loco now purrs.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-30-2015

Greetings, gang.

Downright cool this morning at 39 degrees. It sure didn't take long to switch from summer to fall. High for today is supposed to be in the low 60s.

Got the other two tires on my wife's car and that didn't help. I think a wheel bearing is going out. Talked to another auto repair shop about the air bag light. They referred me to yet another shop but it was closed. I am done. Taking the car to Carmax either Thursday or Friday. I have run out of nickles and dimes to put into it.

Yesterday I took down a couple of 4' pine trees on the west side of the house. Wife and I originally transplanted the volunteers but I have since decided I really don't like them. Got them cut up and will try to burn them in the fire pit either today or tomorrow.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-30-2015

Just a quick weather report since I think I'm heading to Alaska or other parts north for a few days. Today, it should get to 107, tomorrow should be close to that. By Friday we "should" be below 100, and they say next Tuesday should be into the 80's. Aw, maybe I should just stay here, two more days of mid-summer heat shouldn't be hard to take after all the 117's that we had a few months ago. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 09-30-2015

Afternoon all there calling for storms sometime today we will see as the sun keeps trying to peek out but then it goes back in so who knows. Not much planned for today but do need to goto the store for a couple of items we forgot but that's about it for today. you all have a good hump day

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-01-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 45 this morning after an overnight low of 37. High for today is supposed to be in the low 60s again.

I drove my wife's car to the gym yesterday and as I turned a corner I heard a sound I didn't like coming from the rear. After a trip to the repair shop it was confirmed that a rear wheel bearing is bad, bad enough that the car is parked until it is repaired. That should happen tomorrow.

I tried burning the pine trees yesterday but they were generating too much smoke. I have them cut up and will take them to the yard waste disposal site later this morning. No other major plans for today.

Chief, RT, and others on the east coast - keep your heads down for that hurricane headed your way.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-01-2015

Just checking in.
Sun and 60s today.
A good grass cutting day.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 10-01-2015

Late run by nothing for news for today. TGIF tomorrow for you workers. Looks like we may gets some flooding in the area there calling for possible of up to 10" here over 3 days so we will see. I feel we will be okay but then have to deal with wife who over reacts which I guess can be good to but gets on my nerves every one looks at it differently. this is suppose to start like tomorrow night I think haven't really been keeping that much up on it guess need to go check it out more. well you all have a good evening talk to you all later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-02-2015

Greetings, gang.

Yet another 37 degree morning in progress. Third morning in a row. A sunny high of 63 is predicted for later today.

Yesterday afternoon I worked on the outdoor track and then cleaned up the leaves from the yard. Later I got out the trains and made a half a loop before discovering another problem with the track. Somewhat disappointing. Today I'll be taking my wife's car in for repair and working on the track again. Also need to get rid of the yard waste and go for a swim.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-02-2015

Morning all. RAIN!!!! Not from big blow. Stalled front. Gurgle. Looks like now they are saying big blow will stay out to sea. Good. Lots of water around. Mayor busy today.

Have a great weekend ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 10-02-2015

Afternoon all. quiet day here today. Keeping an eye on the storm but not really worried ( wife is lol) Been working on new trainroom/office looks like I will be able to have a 5' x 8' layout in there so that will be nice enough for now. May look into something else down the road but for now thats good enough. Making chili Dogs and tater tots for lunch ( yes we eat late around here. ) But that how we like it lol. Hope all having a Good TGIF talk to you all later 61 out there today feels good Smile